Not applicable

Re: New to all this

Sandra,

Thanks for your postive thoughts.

Hope all goes okay with your treatment.

Dotty2

Hi Dotty,
People have different amounts of lymph nodes from as few as a handful up to about 30, we are all different, if one is infected it does not mean they all are!
Good Luck
Sandra xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

Results at 2:30. Just keep thinking if one LN is involved, will all the others be too. So scared.

My OH keeps reasuring me that it was caught early, but........ Anyway I'll know son enough.

Thanks for all your friendship,and thoughts.

Dotty2 XX

Hi Dotty2
Good Luck with your results tomorrow, Let us know how it went.
Hugs
Sandra xxx

hi to all you new girls,

just wanted to add my cyber hugs to this thread and let you know you are not on your own and things will get easier. I was diagnosed in march aged 36. it is so hard, and i still feel why me? and just cannot understand it. Scans/tests etc are the worst parts, i had my lump taken out and now am on chemo, and though chemo isn't much fun, i would prefer to have a chemo session any day rather than be back waiting for results. Your mind is being kind to you, blocking out the info. Be kind to yourselves, don't read scary stuff

Vickie
xxx

Hi Dotty2

Please feel free to access the above information I have posted to roseyred if you feel it will be helpful to you.

Take care
Lucy

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Bluesandles,

I too have recently been diagnoised with BC. It was so scary, I hardly took in a word the consultant was saying.I have had treatment, MRI scan and surgery. I go back for the results tomorrow.

It's only natural you feel scared, but you aren't alone. There's lots of support out here for you. I've found the forums really helpful. As already has been said, don't read everything on the Internet - lots of the info won't be relevent to you.

Take Care

Dotty2 XX

Hi roseyred and welcome to the BCC forums

I am sorry to read of your recent diagnosis and can appreciate that you are feeling shocked at the moment. I am sure you will soon receive lots of support and information here from your fellow users, in addition, I have posted the link to our 'New resource' pack which you may find helpful to read, it has been designed for anyone newly diagnosed:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/healthcare-professionals/publications/a-diagnosis-of-breast-cance...

BCC have produced information and support specifically aimed at younger women diagnosed with breast cancer which you may find helpful, the following link will take you to a page where you can read or order information which you find applicable to you:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/healthcare-professionals/publications/younger-women/

Please also feel free to call our helpline for further support and a 'listening ear', the lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 9-2 Saturday on 0808 800 6000, it may help to talk things through with someone in confidence

Hope this helps.

Take care
Lucy

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi blue sandals. i'm not really sure how to do this but i hope you get this post. i was diagnosed with invasive ductal cancer earlier today. still in a bit of a spin to be honest as i'm sure you must be. just wanted to say hello really. helps to know there are other people out there too. x

Guest user
Not applicable

hi blue sandals. i'm new to this too. i am 34 and today have been diagnosed with what i think they said was invasive ductal cancer. still feeling shell shocked to be honest. x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Bluesandles

Sorry you had to join us but you're in the right place for support and understanding. As the others have said, Its very tough at the beginning. Things do get easier though, when you have a treatment plan. Having scans was by far the scariest bit for me; I knew it was in one lymph node and convinced myself it had spread. It hadn't. If there's anything at all you want to ask, this site is great. Its also good for having a moan or a rant and rave.

Take care

Julia xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Bluesandals,

Sorry you have had to join us and I hope you get the support you need from this site. It is still very early days for you with everything up in the air but once you have a treatment plan in place you will feel better able to cope. We all go through this initial feeling of pure terror and shock but there ARE very many success stories.

Good luck with your treatment.
AlexG

Hi Bluesandels,
I am sorry you have had to join us, but well done for posting, I was diagnosed in April and had my op at the end of May, go for my results this afternoon, and find out what next.

I have found the ladies on here to be really helpful and kind.

I was lucky my bc nurse offered me a copy of the letter she was faxing to my dr, so I had all the details when I came out of the hospital as like you I didnt remember anything, think my brain turned to mush.

I have phoned the bc nurse a few times with questions and she has been great - no matter how silly I think I have been for asking whatever it was.

We will all get through this horrible thing, and personally I have found that staying positive helps a lot (still crack up everynow and again but think thats normal).

What a great idea to keep pen & paper handy, wish someone had told me that!

Tracey xxxxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

hi bluesandels,
sorry you have to join us but you WILL get through this! one piece of advise that i was given that has proved invaluable is to keep a piece of paper and pen handy and every time you think of a question write it down. I went to my surgeon and BC nurse armed with a long list and they never ever minded sitting down and going through them with me!
Dont read things on the internet inc this site that arent relevant to you, its easy to scare yourself when you really dont need too.
If you have any questions whatsoever then post them on here cause there will always be somebody who can help you!
wishing you well.

deed
x

Hi Bluesandles
Well first you managed to get over the obstacle of posting, so well done! and welcome to this forum, where you will find a lovely bunch of ladies, who are so full of useful advice, you will find yourself looking for pen and paper to take down notes!
That day when l was diagnosed, is a blank just remember the words breast cancer, and the odd word here and there, so well done for remembering invasive ductal!
It is good they are sending you for a MRI and CT scan, there will not be one lady on here that wouldn't say they were frightened when they had their scans, l am sorry to say it is all part and parcel of this dreadful bc!
But you do get through each stage, and that is how you must look at it. You are understandably jumping ahead of yourself, with regards to the breast, if that does happen there is always reconstruction, but we are jumping ahead of ourselves.
Get the scans out of the way, then you will get the next step, have they mentioned surgery yet or are they waiting for the scans, they all do things so different at each hospital, l had surgery first then the scans, just each hospital.
You can always ring your breast cancer nurse, she will either make an appointment for you to see her, or just chat over the phone, l am sure she will run through what was said, if you tell her most went over your head.
Good Luck and stay in touch
Sandra xxx

Hi Bluesandals

Sorry you have had to join us.I'm sure others will be along soon to say hello. I'm not surprised you do not remember much from your results.You can always phone your breast care nurse to ask her to go through them with you again.

PLease post any questions you have or if you just want a bit of support. There is a thread called anyone in their 20's and you would be surprised how many ladies there are. I am 38 so a bit old for that thread.

Different hospitals do different tests so don't be surprised if others are not having the same tests as you. Take your time, it will take you a while to come to terms with this. Good luck with your treatment. debx

Hello bluesandles

Welcome to the Breast Cancer Care forums, I’m sure the users of this site will be along to support you soon.

In the meantime maybe you would like to talk things through with a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 600 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 9.00 to 2.00.

best wishes
June, moderator

Guest user
Not applicable

New to all this

Hi, I wasn't sure where to post but just wanted to say hello and I'm really glad there is online support like this. I'm 28 years old (28 next July) and was told yesterday that I have breast cancer. It's invasive ductal, and at the moment that is all I remember. They are sending me for a MRI, CT and bone scan to check the rest of my body. I'm quite scared that this has spread further, and I'm also scared of losing my breast. It's been was an overwhelming day, to say the least.

Anyhow, hello. I'd love to hear from anyone with any advice or just a friendly word. Anyone else going through the same thing?