New to all this :-(

Hi everyone.  Boobs have been a bit uncomfortable for a couple of months so after getting back from holiday late August I went to my Dr last monday who found a thickening in my right boob, said it probably wasnt anything to worry about but referred me to the hospital last wednesday.  After an examination, mamogram and ultra sound they told me it wasnt great news and that it was likely the big C.  Felt somewhat numb to be honest, didnt cry a lot or really speak much for that matter which is most unlike me!!  Straight away the consultant said mastectomy which if Im honest doesnt actually bother me (Ive had 2 friends who have had them, perhaps this helps in an odd sort of way).  What concerned me the most was the total and utter lack of any sort of positivity from this Dr, the BCN was fab although at that point I had very little to say to her, the only questions I had she couldnt have possibly answered.  Anyway I went back that afternoon for 4 biopsies as they could see 3 lumps.  Im due back this wednesday for the results.  After a couple of numb days last week Im actually quite calm (dont know if this is a good or bad sign) but I do have the odd major wobble/panic!  Staying off work as I cant face peoples questions just yet and Ive only had one day off sick in 5 years so Im kind of noticed when I am off.  Side affects of the biopsy arent that bad, brusing but no pain.  Just want to get on with it all now and kick this into obvlivion if at all possible.  I have spent a good deal of time reading many of the posts on these forums and they have been so helpful.  x

Hi Hawkie, really sorry that you find yourself here. No one want to go through this but once you have more information from your results and you have a plan for treatment it will feel a bit better. You sound like you are being really brave. Don’t worry about work, I too was never off sick and really struggled to begin with to realise that work will survive without us. Sorry the dr sounds like he had no bedside manner, before you go write down any questions you have, this may help if he still isn’t very friendly. BCNs are fab, make sure you make use of them. Keep us posted with your results on Wednesday. Xx

Hi Hawkie and welcome to the BCC forums
In addition to the valuable support and shard experiences you have here, please feel free to call our helpline, lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays on 0808 800 6000 and our team are here to offer you practical and emotional support
Take care
Lucy BCC

Hawkie, this place is great for information from those people who really know what you are going through. Ay questions you have I’m sure someone will be able to help. Fingers crossed you get a nicer dr at your appointment xx

hi im new to this site ,yesterday i was diagnosed with invasive lobuler breast cancer after having a mammogram, boiopsies ,ultra sound scan ,tommorow i have mri scan im so frightened ,i had no symtems no lump it showed up on mammogram ,im 50 yrs old and so emotional i dont think this news has sunk in yet xx

Deborah, you are allowed to be scared hunni. That is the most normal reaction and trust me everyone on this site will have felt scared at some point. This is the worst part I promise you. When you have had the scans you will have much more information and your drs will be able to give you your treatment plan. When you know the plan it does feel better. I have had surgery and just started chemo soma little ahead of you. Use this site, there is loads of fantastic information on here and we all know how you feel. Hope the MRI goes well, big hugs Karen xx

Hi Deborah and welcome to the BCC forums

I am sure you will continue to receive lots of support here and in addition our helpliners are on hand with practical and emotional support on 0808 800 6000, lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays

The following links will take you to  the ‘Just diagnosed’  and ‘Treatments’ sections of the website where you will find  information about diagnosis and treatments and also further support ideas which you may find helpful over the coming months:

breastcancercare.org.uk/diagnosis?utm_source=Homepage&%3Butm_medium=help_you&%3Butm_campaign=diagnosis

breastcancercare.org.uk/treatment?utm_source=Homepage&%3Butm_medium=help_you&%3Butm_campaign=treatment

Take care

Lucy BCC

Hi Hawkie

I am sorry to read about your diagnosis, I am posting you some information which you may find helpful over the coming months, I hope it helps:

breastcancercare.org.uk/diagnosis?utm_source=Homepage&%3Butm_medium=help_you&%3Butm_campaign=diagnosis

Take care

Lucy

I am in exactly the same position but had my MRI on Friday. I go for my pre-op and results this Wednesday and an booked in for surgery the following Wednesday. Was a shock and worried about the MRI results in case it is more or bigger than they have seen on scan. Like you I had no idea, no lump no signs at all.

Hi friends My head is still in a spin. I went for a follow up mam on 6th sept. was told I had the big C after a biopsy and scan. Then on 11th went back to be told it was lobular and I needed MRI which I had on fri 13th (great day) I now have to go for my pre-op and results this Wednesday 18th and am booked in for my op the following wed 25th so it’s all been a bit of a whirl wind. Haven’t got my head round it yet. Don’t think it’s properly sunk in. They have said what they can see on the scan is small but I am worried what the MRI will show. Has anyone out there gone for a breast reduction rather than a lumpectomy as this is the route I am planing to take. Figure they can remove more tissue doing this than they could otherwise. Anyone out there who can tell me if this route has been what they decided and how it went I would be pleased to here from you. Also I am not sure what lobular cancer actually is. Have been told its the worse one but does that mean it grows faster or spreads more. Any info on that would be helpful too. Let me know if you can help with any info please. Thanks.

The waiting is awful isnt it, I hope things movve quickly for you xx