New to cancer

I got diagnosed just before Christmas and had breast cancer surgery on the second of January I had some lymph nodes taken out with the cancer so they are tested I go back on the nineteenth of January for the results I am finding it hard as I have a new boyfriend and is ex wife had cancer she died so it is difficult

Harriett

Hello and a very welcome to the forum where you will get loads of help and support from the wonderful ladies on here.

Good to hear that you are the other side of surgery.

It is always a difficult time whilst you are waiting for your results but at least you will know what you are dealing with at the end of this week. 

I can imagine it is difficult considering what your boyfriend has previously experienced, however, each diagnosis is very different so try not to dwell on that.

Let us know how you get on Friday if you want to, and keep in mind that we are all here for you whenever you need us, there is always someone on here who will be able to support you.

Sending you hugs

Helena xxx

Hi Harriet, I’m sorry you find yourself here but a warm welcome ? There is never a good time but must have been very hard dealing with this over Christmas, your partner im sure must be finding it hard but there is every reason to believe that you will be treated and be just fine, life can be very cruel at times but all we can do is try and cope with what is thrown at us. 

Once you know your treatment plan there are various threads covering anything you are likely to be having, it’s a really good idea to join and chat to ladies going through it at the same time, plenty of us here several years on from treatment also like myself who are always around to help and answer and questions you may have ? Xx Jo 

Thank you that as helped as I was very upset earlier on
I still feel like it is not happening to me, it as shocked my family they have been a good support after my operation and my boyfriend for taking me to the hospital and my friends helping me, I am being strong it hard though

I will feel better when the nineteenth comes I know I have to have tablets and radiotherapy my nurse as said it’s just the waiting I am very impatient

I am 58

I am 58 my boyfriend says to me when I cry don’t fall apart now he said that before my op when I did so I said to him I have held it in long enough and my nurse sue said it good to let it out

They have made me laugh harriet I did not get a call back after my mammogram I had a letter two weeks later I found a lump when I had a biopsy it had shown I had a cyst and the cancer was behind it
I have put a complaint in I told my surgeon who was contacting a man
I said I should have been called in after the cyst showed up as I had some dispersed on the previous mammogram

Harriet you cant be strong all of the time, you have to let it out! I raged for weeks at the unfairness of it all, I was 46 I had just buried one of my best friends to ovarian cancer,  had lost my mum years ago to breast cancer, my son was getting married , how the hell could I have breast cancer!!?? It’s so hard to deal with but you will get there Xx Jo 

Thank you joebey 68 I do need to let it out more its my boyfriend keep saying stay strong and keep your mind of it he ran a way when he had a lot of tragedy to live somewhere else before we got together

Hi Harriet

Sorry you have found yourself here but everyone is so supportive and it really helps to know you’re not alone. Hope the 19th goes as well as it can.

X

Thank you miss Green it helps to know I am not the only one and there is a lot of support

I have just found out all the cancer as been taken out it as to go to America then after three to four weeks I have to go on tablets and have chemotherapy or radiotherapy still a bit concerned it could return in that way time

Don’t worry about the bc returning within that time, Harriet. The important thing is it’s now out of you. Radiotherapy & chemo, if you need it, will help to ensure it does not return. The time scales you describe are quite usual.
ann x

I know I have to wait for the treatment because of my operation I am exercising my right arm now as I had not been doing it I am impatient got to take it as it comes each day I just get a bit anxious
My boyfriend as not been with me as he as not been well but I have been with my mum and sister and brother in law also I am seeing some of my friends next week

At the moment I am worrying a bit because of waiting for the cancer results from America to determine what treatment i am having I know I am having tablets it’s because I am impatient my boyfriend said that I should be having the medication now as what happened to his wife

I have my appointment Friday to see what ttreatmentI am going on

I have been on my tamoxifen for four days now
My scar is still healing when it does I am having radiotherapy for three weeks five day’s a week not sure how I feel excited that I am having treatment glad the doctor had taken all the cancer away
America determined that I have radiotherapy not chemotherapy they have been checking it for five years now if it had not been for them people would outomaticly be put on chemo