Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to forum

5 REPLIES 5
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: New to forum

Hi angipops,
One of the babies is due on 9th April and the other due on the 15th September. My daughter, who is due in April wants me to be with her when she gives birth. She's my only daughter so it may be the only chance I will get to see one of my grandchildren being born! Only trouble is, I now have my Oncology appt for next Tues 26th so I may be just starting treatment around the due date. I really hope I can be there for her. I am currently on holiday in France having a break before the long haul of treatment and have just noticed my wound has started to go a bit red around it. I had my Mx three weeks ago and I'm not sure whether it's a bit of infection or not so may have to come home early! Oh well, C'est la vie as they say over here! I have certainly learned to take the rough with the smooth in the last few weeks and I am determined to kick this thing. I have far too much living to do yet!

Mamakaz xxxx
Jo_BCC

Hi Mamkaz

Welcome to the BCC discussion forums you've come to the right place for some good, honest support from the many informed users of this site.

To help you along I have put for you below the link to one of BCC's publications regarding chemotherapy which I hope you find helpful. http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/treatment-side-effects/chemotherapy-breast-cancer-b...

Take care,

Jo, Facilitator

poemsgalore

Hi mamkaz
Sorry to hear you have to begin chemo.You don't say if you have a date yet, but if you look down the column to the left, at 'undergoing treatment, chemotherapy' You will find there are lots of threads by ladies having chemo. I'm a February Valentine, there is a March Marigold thread, and an Awesome April Angels thread. Whichever one is the month you are to start your treatment in, pop along and introduce yourself. The ladies will be very glad for you to join them through your journey. Good luck.

Poemsgalore xx
angiepops

hi mamakaz
welcome, i have 4 grown up children, 3 grandchildren and 2 on the way this summer.
i had grade 2 invasive ductal carcinoma and had mx and anc on 5th march, so right about now im in the middle - still waiting for news for further treatment due on the 22nd, next week.
How are you feeling so far, ive found the first 10 days or so were ok and now im getting a little bit frustrated and fed up of not being my usual self, but soldiering on regardless. Im not a very good patient to be honest.
When are your new babies due? mine are both july.
angie x
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Mamakaz.welcome to the forum. I had high grade DCIS with WLE on 2nd Jan. had 14th of 15 rads today - 15th due on Monday - and then that's me done with a bit of luck. Been a mad 4 months since recall after routine Mammogram.
That icy grip of fear when you are told there is definitely something suspicious - which they are sure is cancerous - is awful then all the hanging around and awaiting results and trying to assimilate it all. Still - the forum users, both male and female do help and make the passing of these crucial times less terrible - a tad.
I expect you'll have replies from people in a similar situation to you - about to start chemo - to compare notes with etc.
x
Guest user
Not applicable

New to forum

Hi, I am a mum of 4 grown up children and grandma to one with another two on the way! I was diagnosed a few weeks ago with invasive ductal carcinoma - grade 2 and high grade DCIS. I had a MX on the 28th Feb and am now awaiting an appt to see the Oncologist before starting chemo. I look forward to chatting to people in the same boat x