Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to forums

12 REPLIES 12
hbunny

Re: New to forums

Hi gemini

Unfortunately im joining your club, still waiting core biopsy results, but booked in for lumpectomy on 16 may.  Let me know how you get on and how you coped with the diabetes, im in that club as well and worried about the anasetic.  

Hope all goes well. Take care of you!

Helen

Kalo

Hi Gemini,
We had a nice time thanks, I am getting up to date with washing and ironing, trying to make myself really tired, lol. Pre op nurse said I should be early on the operating list as I am diabetic. So by this time tomorrow should be home 🙂
Carole x
gemini22

Hi Carole

Hope you enjoyed your night away with hubby and are refreshed for your op tomorrow. Wishing you all the best for tomorrow and i hope you manage to sleep tonight.

Best wishes

L x

Kalo

Thanks Gemini, it's getting closer now. Eek. (For both of us)
Hubby is taking me away tomorrow night for a 'romantic ' night, lol x
Carole x
gemini22

Hi Carole

Hope all goes well with your op. I understand how nervous you must feel - i am nervous already and i have over a week to wait! Trying to keep busy and as healthy as possible in the meantime. I will be thinking of you.

Take care, L x

fowey

Good luck all here awaiting surgery and results xx Ruth xx

Kalo

Hi Gemini,
I too have IDC diagnosed (hormone negative) on 2 April, having lumpectomy and SNB on Tuesday 29th. It does help coming onto this forum and talking to others in the same position.
Now my op is getting so close I'm feeling a bit nervous but will be glad when it's over. X
Carole x
gemini22

hi poppet11

thanks for your reply - it really helps to know how other people cope Smiley Happy

All the best for your op.

Talk soon L xx

gemini22

Thanks for your reply Wendy - waiting for results is so hard xx
poppet11

Hi Gemini22

I was diagnosed with IDC on 7 April and will be having Lumpectomy and SNB on 2 May.

I have found this forum so informative with lots of support. I have gone through so many emotions from shock, worried and absolutely petrified! I am trying to be positive but find it hard. I would say that you must let out your fears and get angry or cry - don't bottle it up.

I am taking it each day at a time but we are only human and it is such a scary time.

Keep busy and allow others to support you.

Always here if you need to chat.

Best wishes
Poppet11
WP23

Hi Gemini22

Sorry to hear you have joined "the club".

You will get plenty of support and advice here 🙂

I was diagnosed with IDC on April 2nd and had lumpectomy and SNB on April 14th, I am recovering well and have lots of support from family and friends. Waiting now for appointment with oncologist for outcome of op and treatment plan, it is very scarey and there are good and bad days. I have been trying to keep as busy as possible and stay positive but it is hard.

All the best to you, all i can say is take one day at a time and take all the advice and support you can get xxx

Take care

Wendy

Lucy_BCC

Hi Gemini 22 and welcome to the BCC forums where I am sure you will soon have support

Our helpliners are also on hand with practical and emotional support on 0808 800 6000 and lines are open weekdays 9-5 and Saturday 10-2

Here's a link to the BCC 'I've just been diagnosed' information and further support which I hope you will find helpful:

https://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/diagnosis

Take care
Lucy BCC

gemini22

New to forums

Hello everyone, i've been recently diagnosed with IDC hormone positive. My surgery is on May 7th and as well as the lumpectomy and nipple removal on one breast i am going for a breast reduction (small lump and large breasts so seemed a sensible option)! Don't know grade until after SNB. Any advice will be gratefully received. Thanks L x