6 REPLIES 6
janisem

Re: New to the forum

Ali & Lucy Thanks for your support

Lucy_BCC

Hi janisem

As Ali has kindly mentioned here's the link to the August chemo thread:

http://forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Chemotherapy-monthly-threads/Treatment-starting-August-2014/...

Please also feel free to call our helpliners for further support on 0808 800 6000, lines are open weekdays 9-5 and Saturdays 10-2

Take care
Lucy BCC

alijay

Hi janisem, welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

Please come and join the monthly thread for "Treatment starting August 2014" not sure how to send you the link but someone from BCC might do that.  Its in the Going through Treatment, Chemotherapy Monthly Threads section.  There are lots of lovely ladies who have started or are just starting their treatment, so it's a great place for sharing experiences,  picking up tips and just generally supporting each other.

See you there Smiley Happy

Ali

janisem

Hi to all my first post.  Diagnosed in May had first FEC chemo last week, feeling better now after a tough few days mainly tired and nauseous, just sick once and holding onto my hair so far.  Start of a long road........Here to share thoughts and experiences with you all.

IDC

Grade 3

Lumpectomy (R) 24mm

HER2 -

ER +

Chemo- FEC/D + Radiotherapy

Letrozole

keeks

Hi Nay212000. Welcome.

I am sorry to hear your news. You have come to the right place. I am sure you are more than just a bit nervous but everyone here has been through it. You will find loads of advice and support here.  The helpline is also great when you get the wobbles.  

I am sure you will find others on here in the same situation you are facing and I hope you will stick around.

take care

Keeks

Lucy_BCC

Hi Nay212000 and welcome to the BCC forums where I am sure you will find lots of support and shared experiences

Our helpliners are also on hand with further practical and emotional support on 0808 800 6000, lines are open 9-5 during the week and 10-2 on Saturdays

Here's a link to the BCC 'Younger women' support and information which I hope you will find helpful:

https://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/younger-women

Take care
Lucy BCC

Nay212000

New to the forum

Just wanted to say hi, struggling to sleep was browsing the internet and came across this forum. I'm 35 and have advanced breast cancer, I have just completed 6 cycles of neoadjuvant chemotherapy (FECT-T) and have surgery for left mastectomy and auxiliary clearance booked for the 18th of August, as this will be followed by 5 weeks of radio I can't have reconstruction until next summer. Any advice, tips, or story's to share would be greatly received, just a bit nervous xx