New to this and need to talk

Thursday I had a 2nd mamogram on my left breast which showed a 13mm lump. I then had an ultrasound biopsy from the lump and from the lymphs by the radioligist. I have an appt next Thursday to receive the results. The radioligist was very despondant to say the least and when I asked her that the result can only be told by the tests on the biopsy and as that point(Thursday) there was no idea of the result…she said that technically that was right, but she was not at all confident for a good outcome to this? She made it sound like I would be dead in a matter of weeks!!! I am in a mad panic here, she made it sound like there is no hope for me, was she like this because she has seen so many and just knows or should she have put it better. I am sure everyone is worried after a biopsy, but having that said as well, has sent me into utter turmoil, and I have to wait until Thursday to get the results. I was feeling very well within myself until the visit on Thursday and since then have been suffering panic attacks (something I suffered from years ago and don’t want to go back there). 

Sylvia

Dear Sylvia, welcome to the forums

I am sorry to read about your experience at the breast clinic, please feel free to call our helpliners to talk your fears through, lines are open today 10-2 and during the week 9-5 on 0808 800 6000

Take care
Lucy BCC

Hi Sylvia,

It sounds like you had a particularly tough time at your appointment. And the radiologist has done nothing to help put your mind at ease. If I’m completely honest, in my experience, the radiologist have the experience to get a gist of what certain lumps look like. When I had my biopsies, the guy basically told me that the lumps looked unusual and he wasn’t sure what they were.

I’m really sorry, because I can’t come on here and tell you everything will be all right. What I can say is, when you get your results, whatever they are, you will feel better, simply by knowing, as you regain some control.

The hardest part is always the waiting. There are hundreds of threads on here about the awful wait that we have to endure before we know our outcome. My advice to you is to try and occupy yourself as much as you can with things you enjoy. For me, I needed to keep my brain completely occupied, so lots of games, puzzles, quizzes etc. Work helped to keep me busy too.

I don’t know what news you will get, but whatever it is (and I really do hope it is great news), you will get through. We all do somehow!

In the meantime, keep busy, try to keep your mind occupied, and come on here whenever you need support, or just to get stuff off your chest.

Take care, Mel. xxx

Dear hadders. Hoping you have good news today,best wishes Lisa x

Oops wrong day ,well good luck for Thursday xlisa x