cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie...advice appreciated :)

5 REPLIES 5
featherbird

Re: Newbie...advice appreciated :)

Hi cherriepie, many years ago I found a pea sized lump and my breast was feeling hot and tender, i panicked probably as you are doing now. After a mamogram, ultrasound scan, just like when you have when you are expecting, and a fine needle biopsy, it turned out to be a bit of mastitis and with antibiotics it cleared up. So try not to worry, easy to say I know, but what you must`nt do is occupy yourself with negative thoughts. Whatever it is, you will find plenty support here. Good luck. xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Thank you Lucy 🙂
Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks Angie...really appreciate the reply. I understand what you mean about not speculating 🙂 just not sure I know what to expect over next few weeks. Kinda feel like I should have noticed things sooner or paid attention!
Lucy_BCC

Hi Cherriepie and welcome to the BCC forums where you find lots of support and information from your fellow users

In addition, please feel free to call our helpline to talk any concerns over on 0808 800 6000, lines open during the week 9-5 and Sat 10-2

You will find some information and a publication about attending the breast clinic via the following link which I hope you will find useful:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/worried?utm_source=promo_content&%3Butm_medium=help_you&%3Butm_campaign=worried

Best wishes

Lucy

angiepops

hi cherriepie,
it would be wrong for any of us to speculate but i have heard of a few people having infections like that that are treated with antibiotics. however, the fact that you are now being seen to be looked at closer can only be a good thing, if it is anything that needs to be sorted at least they have you in the system now.
hopefully its nothing and the antibiotics will do the trick
happy to chat while youre waiting for news.
angie x
Guest user
Not applicable

Newbie...advice appreciated :)

Hi everyone
About 3-4 months ago I noticed a minute lump in my breast...I really had to search for it and even doubted I had even felt anything. Recently, my nipple has become "sore" and feels sensitive. The only way I can describe the pain is that it feels like something so hot that its cold is on it.

Long story short, I was undressing last night and checking my breasts. My left had always been bigger however the right is noticeably larger. When looking in the mirror I can see a dent however my husband can't see this with the eye, only whilst looking in the mirror too (we moved it around to make sure it wasn't a trick of the light). Other symptoms that I forgot to mention were itching and purple-ish marks down the inner side (I forgot to ask about these). The GP commented that it wasn't hot??

Anyway, I went to the GP this morning and she was able to feel the pea sized lump instantly. Upon examination she also pointed out that my right breast is harder along the outside than the left and has referred me for further investigation. She also started me on antibiotics incase its an infection. I guess my question is whether anyone has experienced the same that turned out to be an infection or turned out to be breast cancer?

thank you for taking the time to read 🙂