Summerdays

Re: Newbie and lost

Really pleased your results are clear!
Regards
Carol x

ladela

Dear Anne,

Well done, what absolutely brilliant news. It's great to hear some good news sometimes. Good luck in the future and you sound a like a lovely person.

Ladela (not one of the lucky ones - ho hum!) xx

evie9000uk

Thats brilliant news. Congratulations

boots

ALL CLEAR YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, HAD TO PHONE THEM THOUGH

evie9000uk

Hi

My results are delayed too. I rang them and there wasnt even mention of them on the computer so the consultants secretary is going to check for me. Mine are smear results but its driving me nuts especially as he said I would get the results last week.

Try giving them a ring you never know.

Yvonne xx

boots

IM STILL WAITING FOR BIOPSY RESULTS.

boopadoo

Thanks yvonne I will spk to you all on Monday night if everything is ok! but Im sure if it isnt this is going to be my first port of call

hugs

nikki

owls4eva

Hi Bowers

Please be careful what you read on the internet and resist the urge to google things, having done it you can really frighten yourself needlessly I must say. You say your lump feel enourmous and to you it probably does but that does mean that it is, we are all very critical of our bodies at the best of times please just hang in there.

Sending hugs

karen

XXX

bowers

Good luck, I really wish the best for you. I have my appointment next tuesday and the breast has gone really sore and slightly red, and the lump feels enormous, and I am just so terrified. Can't stop shaking. It's horrible, because until you go in there, there's no real way of telling is there? just things you read on the internet that convince you it is the worst possible thing it could be. clare x

evie9000uk

Hi Boots

Sorry you didnt find out anything today. Did you have a fine needle aspiration or core biopsy? On my first appointment last year they did 6 core biopsies and it was still inconclusive so I had the lump taken out. I was lucky because the lump had all of the abnormal cells inside so I didnt have to have any more treatment. My margins were clear. Hopefully they will be able to give you some answers at your next appointment.

Nikki good luck for Monday let us know how you get on.

Yvonne xx

owls4eva

Hi Boots

Well done for getting through today. I have to say that Im surprised you were not given an idea one way or another, I was told that they thought mine was bc because of dimpled skin, shape, size etc.

Maybe its a good sign that they feel that they really cant give you an idea one way or another or maybe it is just their policy. Why not start a thread and name the hospital and see if anyone else has had treatment there that could give you advice.

Sending hugs

karen

XX

boopadoo

Oh boots Im sorry thought they would have told you there and then but I know every area is different. I am praying they can tell me on monday when I go as Im setting myself up to be told!

I hope its good news for you and if not you will have tons of support on here!

big hugs

nikki

boots

OK I went, had mammogram, then ultrasound, still not clear so another mammogram, good breast shows a shadow? so 3 hours later I had a biopsy, they are not sure so need to wait 7 to 10 days for biopsy results.

owls4eva

Hi Anne

Dont know what to say (how many times have I heard that) wishing you all the good luck in the world and some. Always here for you even if I cant say the right thing I am good at listening.

Sending hugs

Karen

XX

boots

As I am disabled husbands full time carer he will be accompanying me tomorrow. Nuff said.

Anne

evie9000uk

Hi Boots

Just like to say good luck for tomorrow.

Yvonne xxx

owls4eva

Hi Anne

Its the waiting that makes the appointment seem even worse that what it is, would you really like to carry on feeling how you do at the minute and not knowing? Once you get there you will be so well looked after, the nurses are so good at spotting how to treat each patient.

Good luck and come back and let us know how you have got on.

Seniding hugs

Karen

XX

jackx

Hi Anne

I know all that is happening to you is really scary,and you wish it would all go away. I was scared on the 27th Nov when I went for my appt, all I can say is that when I got there everyone was so kind and caring that I felt much calmer. Make sure you take someone with you tomorrow, I took a friend and was so pleased that I had her there. I hope you will feel much better once you know what is going on, I know I did.

Good luck for tomorrow, I will be thinking of you, let us know how you get on.

Love and hugs

Jackie xxxxx

boots

HELP, MY CLINIC APPOINTMENT IS TOMORROW MORNING, I DONT WANT TO GO, I DONT WANT TO KNOW, I DONT WANT TO START THIS PROCESS, CALL ME A WIMP, WOTEVA, I JUST WANT TO CLIMB UNDER A BIG STONE.

ANNE

bowers

My appointment’s on the 4th March – though STILL waiting for the confirmation letter following a phone call. I also had problems last year with an breast clinic appointment where the hospital or GP ‘lost’ the fax. As though there isn’t enough to deal with without hospital admin being so dodgy

It is a nightmare isn’t it? So tempting to prod the lump and tell yourself all the reasons it is definitely cancer. Hopefully it’ll be OK….

boopadoo

Ane
I have had sweats during the night and I think its when I am dreaming of the big c and worrying about it. I havent slept properly since visiting my doc and have been up and down all night long if its not coz Iam sweating but needing the loo!
I would say its anxiety but Im no expert just going on how im feeling at the mo!

take care big hugs

nikki

boots

SWEATS...... Ive been getting sweats, any time of day, not night time sweat... any ideas

Anne

boopadoo

Ahh boots hunni I too am waiting to go for my appointment mines is monday 3rd march after waiting 4 weeks in total for an emergency appointmnet! I live just outside glasgow.
Im so sorry to hear about your friend its part of the scary side of knowing what breast cancer can do I have lost 2 people to it and another 2 friends are going through it now.
I hope your appointment goes well I will keep everything crossed for you, like you and so many others this wait is killing me. My moods are out of control and my poor 2 wee boys are getting the brunt of it.

If my doctor hadnt messed up big time but not realising the letter had neve been faxed I would have been there by now and known what was going on!
lets hope we are both fine take care and I agree having this site is great so you can talk to people who arent telling you it will be fine, thats the biggest help for me!

take care

nikki x

boots

As time is getting close for my clinic appointment I am getting so stressed, sitting about all day crying doing nothing else, no cooking, cleaning, anything, just found out a good friend has just died of breast cancer aged 42. Think Im going crazy, wot will I be like by Wed.

jackx

Hi Anne,

All went well with my appt once I got in, thought they had forotten me we waited so long. I have got 20 sessions of rads to look forward to,which is what i thought. Got another wait now for the marking up appt and then again to get going. Fingers crossed it wont be too long.

It's good that you are going to a one stop clinic, If you need further treatment the next appt should be made for you there and then, and you will know what is going on. Make sure you take someone for support and to talk to as you might be there for a while.

I have lots of happy memories of holidays spent in Scotland with my family. Most of them in Perthshire, Scotland really is a beautiful part of the world.

Take care

Jackie xxx

boots

Hope you got on ok Jackie, I phoned the clinic and they said they are a one stop clinic, I have to see the surgeon first then he decides what tests I need.

Anne

jackx

Sorry for calling you Boots Anne.

I hope you have Sunshine in Scotland as we do, It is helping to make me feel a little better. Off into Bath now for my appt.

Jackie xx

horselover

Hi Anne,
So sorry you have had to join this site but eveyone is lovely and will help you as much as they can.
I too waited 4weeks to see my GP and thought it wasnt anything then i had to wait 4 weeks before i got my mammogram which was a worrying wait.
I think once you have had your mammogram and any other tests they think you need you will feel a lot better.
We will all keep our fingers crossed for you and try and keep yourself busy doing the things you enjoy in Bonny Scotland
Take Care JanW

jackx

Hi Boots

I am sorry you have joined us, and I have my fingers crossed that everything is ok for you.

This web site has been brilliant for me, I read the letters getting support and advice. You will always find someone to talk to on here. I am off for my 1st oncology appt this afternoon , feeling a little nervous but I know everyone will be lovely.

Take care

Jackie x

boots

Hi folks, Thanks for replies much appreciated as I have noone to talk to, Im in the Highlands of Scotland (och aye the noo) and am 52 years young.

magz175

Hi Anne

Sorry you have joined us - but you will get a lot of support here while waiting for your tests.

You don't say whereabouts you live or what age you are, but I have to say, given that you saw your GP on 4th Feb (I think?) and that you have a distinct lump, which your GP has confirmed, I am surprised that you are having to wait until 27th Feb for your appt. There are guidelines for referral periods, but without knowing the exact circumstances it is difficult to comment on whether you should have been referred more urgently. I would certainly look into these and query the waiting time if necessary with your GP.

As you will have gathered if you have been reading posts on here - the waiting is the worst time, and the ost worrying. But as may have said before me, there is a tom of support on here for you - there will always be someone who understands exactly what you are going through so please don't feel as if you are alone in this.

Please keep posting and let us know how you are getting on

take care
Margaret x

Hannah2

Hi Boots, sorry, Anne

You may have seen from the discussion that i started and some of my other posts that i am in a similar position..... the waiting is awful.

I was originally referred with an appointment on Feb 26th as my GP doesnt think i have an urgent case. I was happy with that until i found out it wasnt a one stop clinic and i would have to go back 2-3 weeks later for a scan and a further 1-2 weeks for results! I was not happy and had to badger my GP to fast track me.... it wasnt easy but as others have said you have to go with your instincts and push for what you need/want.

My appointment is on Tuesday and the waiting is getting worse as i get closer to the appointment. The house has never been so clean, it looks like a showhouse.

I am flitting between, "it will be ok, it will be fine, 9 out of 10 women are ok and my GP wasnt worried" to imagining what it will feel like if I am told the worst. Not something I want to think about but I cant get it out of my head! I am still relatively calm however. I wait to see what i am like on Tuesday!

It sounds as if you have been booked for more that just a consultants appointment as you have a 2 hour appointment so hopefully that means you will have at least a scan etc done on the day. If you are unsure then why dont you give the clinic a ring. Thats how i found out that my first appointment was not for the one stop clinic (only available for those fast tracked at my hospital).

I have found a lot of information on here, a lot is very daunting indeed but i have also found hope and confidence and support and tales of courage that i can only imagine having to go through. It has really really helped me to come on here and either just read what is going on with people, or to ask/answer posts. I hope it helps you as much.

It also helps me to know that there are others out there who are either going through this at the moment with me or who have already been through it and moved on to cope with the next stage.(not that i want there to be women going through this i am sure you understand)

Ooops, i tend to waffle too much when posting!

Hope it helps you to know that we understand how you are feeling.

fingers crossed that everything will be ok.

Take care and stay in touch.

Hannah2 x

cb102

Hi Anne,

I am sorry that you have had a difficult time of late. Like the others say it is the waiting that is the hardest. I expect your mind is flipping between - 'everything will be alright, its nothing' over to 'its Cancer and I will have to have lots of treatment!'.

Well I can not say anything to help you stop that because that's the very nature of the unknown. The 27th is a long way off when in such a position, then there will be the wait to find out the next steps.

On the positive side when ever I have sat in the breast clinic I have seen many many more relieved faces than those of ladies being taken to a side room to begin the journey they don't want to take.

Your GP has done the right thing and referred you that's a good sign, you will read other stories of ladies facing a battle to see a Breast Consultant.

I truly hope that this turns out to be just a cyst that will need draining, do you have any gut feelings? I did, three years ago I knew the little pea size lump I felt was a cyst. Then two years ago I felt a larger oval sized lump I knew immediately what it was cancer. Anne I am not saying this to frighten you although I expect I have. I am telling you this to demonstrate that if and only IF your lump is cancer then please be assured that the treatment available is phenomenal. I have never been refused anything, I have had to wait sometimes but then there have been times when my doggedness has paid off when bringing forward operations, scans etc. I still remain positive because I am getting the best treatment available.

Anne please try to take one day at a time, keep in touch with us and we all hope by the 1st March you will be telling us the lump was a cyst that has been drained.

Take care

Carol

lynnietom

Hi Anne
I found the waiting incredibly difficult and stressful. We all cope in different ways and you'll find a way that suits you. I kept myself busy but tried to keep extra stress to a minimum - not easy! I didn't have any information about the processes involved eg. how long the appointment would take and what would happen etc. That may be ok for some people but I like to know what I'm facing. This site has lots of really good information if you want to access it.
Take care and be kind to yourself.
Lynne

Sam_BCC

Hi Ann

Welcome to the forums, I'm glad to see that you have received some supportive replies from the other forum users. As well as the support you are getting from the forums you might find talking to someone on our helpline about your worries and concerns helps. Its not at all unusual to worry in your situation, as I'm sure you realise.
The number to call is 0808 800 6000 the lines open Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm and Saturdays 9am - 2pm.

We also have an information booklet about being referred to a breast clinic. This includes lots of information about what the referral entails which you may find helpful. The booklet can be found by following the link below:-

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk//docs/referral_07_0.pdf

I hope you find this helps.

Kind regards

Sam
Bcc Facilitator

gentle

Hello Anne,

I am so sorry to read you are having to wait so long for your hospital apointment. When I was waiting to go to the breast clinic for the first time, it seemed an intollerable wait and I only had to wait for 13 days. My personal experience has been that initial waiting was the worst thing of all. After that, from somewhere or other, I managed to find the courage to face bc and its treatments with much less fear than those initial two weeks of uncertainty.

You will find lots of advice and support on this website, but I would encourage you to talk to someone amongst your family and friends. I found other people's kindness to be very comforting, even before I knew what I was up against. During my two week wait had had some really good advice from friends, one of whom had been diagnosed with bc some 6 months earlier. She told me what to expect at the clinic, relating her own experience. She was so up-beat and positive, as I am now two years on.

I wish you well, and hope it turns out to be what one of my friends calls a "waste of a good worry".... i.e. nothing serious.

Best of luck, loads of love
Gentle

Guest user
Not applicable

FNB is a fine needle biopsy where they draw some cells of from the lump so they can be tested for any cancer cells ,a core biopsy is simular but the needle is slighty thicker to take some tissue ,both procedures are quick and i didnt find either painfull though i did get a local aneasetic to the area for the core biopsy. Hope this helps sorry about the abbreviations . You may not need either depending on your mamagram result.
Lindiloo x

boots

Whats FNB?

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Anne,
I know its a scarey time for you right now, all of us here know how you are feeling we have all been there. I too waited a month before going to my GP . He confirmed i had a lump and faxed the breast care clinic straight away .I got a call the next morning and was told the appointment could take up to 4 hrs, this is so you can have a mamagram, possible FNB and if nessisary a core biopsy. My clinic is a one stop clinic where you get the results the same day (is yours a one stop clinic do you know?)I know what a worrying time it is for you but please try and remember nine out of ten breast lumps are benign , Unfortunately for me i was DX with BC last july it certainly has been a rollercoaster but you do find the strenth to get through the treatments and as everyone will tell you here they are all do-able .Cancer treatments have come a long way even in the past 2 yrs and are getting better all the time. Hopefully your lump will turn out to be nothing sinister but if not there are lots of wonderfull ladies on here who will give you lots of support and advice this site has been a godsend to me.Can you take someone with you for your appointment ? il be keeping everything crossed for you on the 27th and please let us know how you get on.
Best Wishes
Lindiloo x

boots

Newbie and lost

Hi, Im new, I have been in here a few times reading posts but cant find anything to "suit", must be me, then went tinto live chat to be told I shouldnt be there, Im lost and confused and dont know where I should be.

Anyway Ill try this, I found a lump 4 weks ago but didnt want to start the process, anyway I went to GP last Monday, he confirmed a lump and said he would write to the breast clinic for an appointment, then I found myself back out on the pavement, I sat on the seat outside for a while then just started walking, hubby picked me up 20 mins later and we went home, 3 days later I got a letter giving me an appointment (for 2 hours) on 27th Feb, so I wait. Havent found anyone to talk to or any support so far, so am on my own, being full time carer to diabled husband, feeling shellshocked and sorry for myself. HELP!!!!!!! ANYONE

Regards Anne