327541posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie and terrified

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Newbie and terrified

Thank you. It's stressful as only my brother and father in law have been told. My husband doesn't want to worry anyone but he already thinks it is.
Fingers crossed it's good news for me though x
Community Champion

Hi young mummy,

So sorry to hear you are going through this, but thankfully, you have acted promptly & they will get to the bottom of it.  It is so scary going through all this & inevitably, until you get an answer, it is the pits to have to go through it & there is no magic wand to dealing with the anxiety, but you will get through it.

If the situation is not clear, a biopsy will always be done to finalise the diagnosis & it may still be all ok, but this cannot be confirmed without it, so try not to read too much into what was said at the appointment.

Do let us know what happens

ann x

Ps - the other thing I've learnt here is that the breast clinics aren't standardised - exactly how they deal with things depends completely on which hospital you're at. As you got cups of tea I'm fairly sure you weren't at mine!

I'm so sorry you're left feeling with no clue at all. I honestly believe they aren't sure otherwise they wouldn't have said that. If they're sure it's not they tell you, if they're sure it is they tell you. After my biopsy I was told outright they believed it to be BC but they couldn't confirm until the biopsy result. They're are many women here (but it is a smaller group because most times they can tell one way or the other) who had biopsies because the medics weren't sure who were subsequently cleared. Also with your family history, even if this is nothing, they may well want to discuss you at panel to advise you about your future care. Waiting is the absolute pits but don't assume the worst.

Newbie and terrified

Hi All. I'm new and completely terrified.
I'm 30 and gave birth to my youngest only 4 weeks ago.
2 weeks ago my husband was cuddling me and decided to get cheeky and grope my breasts. He found a large deep set hard lump on bottom section of my right breast. I felt and decided to go to gp next morning. Gp was fantastic and referred me to breast clinic. Well I had appointment today. Dr I saw clearly stated she didn't think it was to do with a blocked milk duct after examination but couldn't be sure what it was. So sent me to US. I had my US and the radiographer kept asking had I injured myself in last few weeks. Each time I reiterated I gave birth 4 weeks ago I only had an infant attached to it. No injury no bruising nothing. Not even a blocked duct. Only sore nipple from poor latching at first.
She decided to biopsy and took 3 samples and I think one must have nicked a duct as it's now leaking milk from biopsy hole Dr said it would stop eventually.
After biopsy was done I was asked if I had someone with me and I told them my husband. The nurse lead me to a quiet room and got my husband and bought us tea. About 20 minutes later the Dr comes into this room and informs me the radiographer doesn't know what it is and they could only speculate. Explained that the results would be given to me at a follow up in 5th after discussing my results with a team of health professionals.
I feel they were trying to sugar coat things as she said all patients who have a biopsy are discussed but after reading people's stories I realise that isn't necessarily the case.
Really scared as my mother had ovarian cancer at 28/29 and after trying to shrink it with radiotherapy first by time her hysterectomy was in it spread ton uterus. Nana had bc at 44 and had 3 sisters under 50 and 2 daughters under 50 with it. So Dr is also referring to family history clinic too.
Am I right to suspect 'C'