cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie with ILC

10 REPLIES 10
Sal49

Re: Newbie with ILC

Hey thanks for the link and info. And I have to say from my own rather new experience the surgeons have been great as gave the nurses and do seem to have my best interests at heard. I hope I don't need chemo but guess if I do I will join the November group. Thanks x
poemsgalore

Hi Sal

When I said that most types of breast cancer has the potential to spread, it's thanks to the fantastic surgeons and Oncologists we have that the majority of them do not spread.  You might not need chemo, but if you do, there is a whole section on here:

http://forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Chemotherapy-monthly-threads/bd-p/Chemotherapy_monthy_thread...

Where those who are having chemo can join a 'monthly' thread. We are up to October now, a new one is formed every month sadly. I'm a February Valentine. It was a lifeline while I was having chemo and I don't know how I would have coped without the other Vals support, advice and information. But let's hope it doesn't come to that for you.

Take Care

poemsgalore xx

Sal49

Hi and thanks for the birthday wishes!!
Poems galore your post was really helpful. How stupid was I to think some of them can't spread! Of course all invasive a can. Well I am prepared I think for chemo and if I need it will try and work a bit too. Forum is great for advice and support and it is so nice to know that I can find other people facing or going through this journey! Grade 3 must have been scary but sounds like you are really positive !
poemsgalore

Hi Sal49

I'm very sorry to hear of your diagnosis. I thought you might be interested to see the booklet about ILC, here is a link where you can read it:

http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/sites/default/files/bcc45_invasive_lobular_2013_web.pdf

All breast cancers have the ability to spread, except DCIS. It depends on how many nodes (if any) are affected and whether they have been removed or not. I had Invasive ductal, grade 3, 1/3 nodes affected. Had chemo, now on Anastrazole for at least five years.

Wishing you all the best for your results (and a belated happy birthday).

poemsgalore xx

Sal49

I decided not to have recon after mx. Not even in the future. I was 49 on diagnosis and 8 days after my op (this week) celebrated my 50th! Bit of a mixed day emotionally as it was not how I thought I would be celebrating!!!! Anyway I am already okay about how I look and even went out today without my falsie as my seroma is so big it makes wearing a bra challenging!!
I do worry about whether it has spread but have to be patient for next week. I am determined to remain positive although I have my moments. Does anyone know if this type of cancer spreads? Or can they all??
Sal49

I decided not to have recon after mx. Not even in the future. I was 49 on diagnosis and 8 days after my op (this week) celebrated my 50th! Bit of a mixed day emotionally as it was not how I thought I would be celebrating!!!! Anyway I am already okay about how I look and even went out today without my falsie as my seroma is so big it makes wearing a bra challenging!!
I do worry about whether it has spread but have to be patient for next week. I am determined to remain positive although I have my moments. Does anyone know if this type of cancer spreads? Or can they all??
goldengirl

Hi Sal (and hello again Sally!) I have ILC I think mine is about 5cm. I'm waiting for surgery, and  don't know what to do about reconstruction.  In addition I'm still awaiting results from biopsy of other side (another smaller lump) so still not 100% sure what surgery I'm facing. It's great to have you 2 on here as your experience is so similar to mine. Will be very interested to know if docs say you need rads or not. I can't imagine feeling upbeat but hope that day comes. I'm trying to be optimistic, positive and find out as much as I can about the whole treatment process. One step at a  time Sally I know ! Trying! it's just that I had to see a plastic surgeon to discuss recon and don't know what to do. Hopefully more things will fall into place soon. Love and luck to you both xxx

Sal49

Hi Sally it hanks I feel a bit reassured. My chest is like a small waterbed lol so will ring nurse Monday to see if it needs draining. Finding it hard to do much as it is painful but I think for both of us finding out what is coming next will help.
salkei

Hi Sal

i was dx with invasive lobular cancer at stage 2 and had a mx on Aug 16th. I too have a seroma but its not too big so am coping quite well with things. Just take things easy onthe affected side and i know i am one to talk, don't try to do too much.  

I have a meeting with the oncologist on Monday to discuss the next step.

Sally 

June_BCC

Hello Sal49

Welcome to the forums, I’m so pleased that you are finding them helpful.

Whilst waiting for replies maybe you would like to give our free helpline a call where the staff can offer practical information as well as emotional support.  The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes

June, moderator

Sal49

Newbie with ILC

Hi I was diagnosed with ILC on 15 th August and MRI showed tumour to be 4.5 cm so had a right MX and SNB 17 September! Awaiting path report 3rd October. All been a bit of a whirlwind as for everyone but as I now wait for results hoping to link up with others for advice and support. Thinking I may need chemo and as ER + will need hormone therapy. I also now have seroma so any advice welcome. Have already felt really supported reading the messages on the forum so feeling positive and upbeat!