Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie ...

5 REPLIES 5
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Newbie ...

Hi
Just thought I would introduce myself to you and all the othwer on this forum, my name is Pam and I am 50 yrs old, just lately maybe the past two and a half weeks my left breast has become sore and tender to touch.When I examine my breast it is very sore when I come across the spot where it hurts. Also I noticed this evening when I was saying goodbye to my daughter at the front door with it being cold and me only in my nightie my breast started to sting really bad!
I am so scared of seeing my doctor but I have an appointment tomorrow, like others say it really affects you when you are in the unknown! I haven't slept properly for the past few nights and usually I am zonked out because of the medication I take for a disease called HNPP.
Anyway if anyone including yourself has any advice they can give me, please do as it may just help me to calm down a little.
I will update this message tromorrow once I have seen my GP.
Goodnight peeps.
Pam
Katykookabura

Hi Daxsmum, I had a similar experience , primary breast cancer mucinouus +DCIS now waiting to start radiotherapy next week and they have put me on Anastrozole for five years. You are right to feel shocked and it will seem surreal. I found telling others emotionally draining so one of the tips I learnt from this site is get others close to you to tell others as it will wear you out keep going through it. The word cancer sends everyone into panic mode and once they know it has been found early and you are being seen and have a treatment plan it is easier. Others will tell you how they try to protect everyone yet feel really upset themselves inside.I had a couple of panicky moments which is characteristically unusual for me. It is Ok to have a little weep and even to feel angry!. Seems they caught it early like me and I just keep thinking there are others worse off than I am where it has not been caught so early. Once you get your treatment plan you will feel more in control but still expect to get moments when you will have a wobbler!.
Lets us know how you get on and take care .
Daxsmum

Hi Carol, thanks so much. Saw the consultant yesterday (Thursday) and am booked in for a lumpectomy on Monday - so from diagnosis on 19 March to surgery on 25 March, still can't believe it's happening. I have to say I do feel better in my head knowing I now have a plan - I do know how lucky I am to be able to get this moving so quickly - I am assured that the prognosis is excellent so feel somewhat reassured now. Let's see what the results say - will be seeing the consultant again 5 days from the op but that takes us into Easter so I guess may be just afte. Val.
Carolann7

Hi Daxmum, sorry to hear of your news. This part is going to be one of the hardest times for you, but this is the place to come and ask questions and have a moan, just to let some of it out with out upseting family. Once you have your treatment plan you have things to work too and you can see an end to treatment and getting back to your normal life. Its all doable some days will be hard but you will get throught it. The fact it has been found so early will really help.I finished my treatment in December, and my life 99% of the time is normal I've just had a very hard 9 months. Please use this sit as much as possible any time you want to talk to the ladies who run this sit, email or phone they have always rung be back with in 24 hours. I had insurance which is great in waiting times but I did miss talking to other ladies going through the same, I've now found some good suport groups, which help a lot.
Good luck with seeing your Oncolagist, and please let us now how you get on.
Take care Carol.
xxxxxxx
Lucy_BCC

Hi Daxsmum, welcome to the BCC forums

You are in the right place for support and shared experiences, in addition please feel free to call our helpliners to talk through any concerns or queries on 0808 800 6000, they can offer you further support and a listening ear 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays

You may find the following DCIS information from BCC useful to read along with further support ideas:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/diagnosis?utm_source=Homepage&%3Butm_medium=help_you&%3Butm_campaign=diagnosis

Take care

Lucy

Daxsmum

Newbie ...

Hi - was diagnosed yesterday (19 March) with DCIS, very early stages so am very lucky in that respect but it still knocked me for six - still shell-shocked and can't believe it's real. I just had a normal 3 yearly mammogram in Feb (I'm 57) and had a callback, ended up with a biopsy last week and had the results yesterday. Luckily I have medical insurance through my company so am seeing a consultant tomorrow - am told I will need a lumpectory and radiotherapy ........ bottom line is I'm scared, couldn't sleep last night, your mind just takes you to the worst case scenario doesn't it, x.