1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 REPLIES 5
Dzyre

Re: Newbie

Hi Thank you for taking the time to answer me.
I am trying to keep busy, like I said on the other posting that I've been out today to the cinema and out for dinner. So that is another day gone.
I hope you are recovering well. I would love to keep in touch with all of you.
You've made me feel so much better
Thank you so much again
xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Ladies, I'm new to the site and figured I'm ready to speak to others in the same situation as me, I have loads of support but no one really gets how I feel which varies hourly! I was diagnosed on the 26th Nov with grade 3 invasive ductal incarsinoma which had spread to my lymph nodes, it hit me like a sledge hammer between the eye's. once I got over the initial shock I went into super positive mode, I think this was a survival mechanism that just kicked in, I've gone from being a strong well rounded individual to being an emotional wreck at the drop of a hat who can't remember anything! I had surgery on the 17th Dec to remove the lump and my nodes and went for my results on the 28th Dec, it was good news! Clear margins achieved and was only in 1 of the 17 nodes removed, I've been healing since then but have been super swollen and unable to sleep well but I just nap when I can, I start my chemo (EC) on Tuesday I'm having 6 lots 1 every 3 weeks followed by a 31 day break then radio therapy for 3 weeks every day followed by tamoxifen for 5 years. My consultant told me if I walked away now with just having the surgery I have 70% chance of being well in 10 years, the chemo buys me another 8% and the tamoxifen another 8%, that puts me at 86% so I can live with that I think? It scares me stupid thinking about the other option and it scares me about moving on after all the treatment, will my life ever get back to normal????
Lyn1957

Hi Sandra
I too posted on your other thread, i've just had my Wide Local Excision on wednesday and am now playing the waiting game to see if they got clear margins won't find out til 31st Jan. I will be having radiotherapy and hormones for 5 years, I can't help with the one week trial but it does sound so much better than weeks of daily visits, although I believe the dose is exactly the same if you were having lets say 3 weeks. It would be interesting to find out if any trials done at my hospital.
Each of us is individual and our treatments vary even when diagnosis looks the same, please don't google as you can scare yourself silly, just stick to this site and MacMillian site you will be safe with these. I dont ask to many questions I tend to keep my head in the sand. I have decided when i go for reults I will ask a few this time.
Will be thinking of you do keep in touch and let me know about the therapy. Just remember to try and think positive not easy I know but it does help and whilst your waiting for the 6th try and keep yourself busy.
Lyn 🙂
Dzyre

Thank you for taking time to post in both forums for me.
I am trying not to look up too much info, I know from other people that you can get too much and totally wrong info on even the slightest illness/injury let alone BC.
I won't know anything about the week long therapy till I've spoken to the nurses ( I am sure she said that would be after my surgery) . I just think that if it is an option I can have I think I will be taking it.
It might be worth asking about the trials and see what they say. I did some trials for another surgery I had years ago. Without people participating they will never know what treatments can or can't be improved. And they do keep an eye on you too.
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Sandra
I posted on your other thread too re the rant.
I don't understand how this site works technically either and yet I'm no stranger to the internet so it must be weird. I think they are revamping it so hopefully will be easier then
I'm having rads after my Wide Local excision - don't know how many or for how long yet til I've seen oncologist on 29th. Also not sure about tamoxifen as I was on HRT and coil pre diagnosis and have had to stop them/have them out so 'we' don;t know my perimenopausal state at the moment and I shall have to have bloods taken to determine it. My DCIS was E+ve and P+ve so it's possible I'll have to take tamoxifen if I'm still producing lots of oestrogen (reading between the lines). I'd quite like to do just one week of rads - much more convenient. My understanding is that you get the same dose whether it's given over one week or 8 weeks and that's your 'lifetime dose' but I could be wrong.
I'd be interested to know more about a reduced treatement time but I don't think/know if my local hospital does any trials. I'll be asking though.
V
x
Dzyre

Hi my name is Sandra
I have posted on another forum to have a moan. *by mistake and dont know how to change it sorry!!!
I am newly diagnosed and tbh I have not asked any questions. I have a small cancer. Which is going to be taken out on the 6th Feb.
I know I've been told I have to have Radiotherapy and be on tamoxifan for 5 years. I have been told that I might be asked to take part in a trial of just having a week radiotherapy.
Has anyone had the 1 week radiotherapy?
I don't drive and I am divorced and live on my own. So having a weeks radiotherapy is prob better for me cos it will take me over an hour to get to the hospital.
I look forward to meeting new people and also hearing from other people
Sandra xx