Newbie.....

Hi ladies,
I was diagnosed with breast cancer in April, I had a lumpectomy and sentinal node biopsy a few weeks ago and have got my results today (my 33rd birthday - news was good, margins clear and biopsy on node clear, so that’s good, although still got to have chemo and rads so not sure whether it was a good birthday present or not!)
I have been reading the forum for the last few weeks, so feel like I know most of you already. You have all kept my spitits up when I have been feeling down - poems about poo and all sorts!!!
Anyway thought I may as well join seen as I am going to be coming on the chemo bus.
Take care all
Faye

Hi Faye and welcome to the BCC forums

I am sure your fellow users will be along with support soon, you may also find our helpline useful to call on 0808 800 6000. Lines open weekdays 9-5 and Sat 10-2

I am posting a link to the BCC ‘Younger women’ page of the website where you will find lots of information and support ideas:

Take care

Lucy

Hi good to hear you’ve had clear nodes and margins just like me! I’ve got rads starting in June but no chemo. Still sore from the lumpectomy but healing nicely just want to get back running so life can be normal for a bit x

Twizzle3 - glad you’re healing niceley from the lumpectomy, i’m still a bit sore too but just glad its out. Hope rads goes well for you.
take care
Faye

Hi Faye

HAPPY BIRTHDAY - It’s my OH’s birthday tomorrow and he will be 33 also :wink:

Welcome (kind of lol) to the forum. I had my results the other week and I too had clear margins and no node invovlement.

I was told that I am borderline for chemo and I have an appointment with the chemo nurse on the 22nd to discuss my options however, I have already decided that I am going to take the chemo.

Do you have any dates for your chemo yet? I should find mine out on Wednesday so will let you know. Perhaps if we are both June then we can get the June thread started.

Take care
Martha xxx

Not sure how to reply to a post yet so unsure if this will work.
Twizzle3 - glad you’re healing nicely. I’m a bit sore too still but just glad its out. Hope all goes ok with rads, hopefully by the end of summer you can start to put this all behind you.
Martha - are you doing anything for your OH birthday tomorrow? I went to Paris but had to come back on Sunday as didnt want to miss my results and have another week of waiting. Glad you got good results too. Trying to be positive about chemo, but having a few wobbles. I am seeing the oncologist on the 28th. Yes a June group would be good.
Take care both (hope this post works as don’t really know what i’m doing yet-site seems to not work and then all of a sudden millions of things appear)

Hey Faye

We didn’t go as far as Paris, but if you look at the June chemo thread then you’ll see what happened lol - Was rather funny.

Twizzle3 - A chemo thread for June has been started, come over and join us :wink:

Take care
Martha xxx

Hi Flip Flop,
Happy birthday to you!
I was diagnosed at the end of April and will be having my lumpectomy and sentinal node biopsy, hope I get the same good results as you. It’s such a roller coaster for us all. I am on a dip at teh minute but hoping to climb back up the incline by the weekend. I ahve fabulous family (mum was diagnosed in March too) and friends but coming on here is great. There is always someone to chat or rant to. What date did you have your op? and how are you feeling now?Are you still sore?

Sam xx

Hi Sam,
I had my op on 2nd May. Its a bit unformtable for the frst few days, but as long as you take it easy and don’t overdo it’s not too bad at all. You might need to sleep upright for a week or so, as it can be a tender to sleep on your side. I still get a bit of a numb boob and pins and needles, but consultant said this is normal. Make sure you do the exercises they give you as they do help.
I know what you mean about been up and down - its normal for what we are going through, as long as we dont stay too long in the downs, we have to remember that although it seems very overwhelming now, we can get through it.
Fingers crossed your results will be good, when is your op?
Faye

Hi Faye,
You’ve obviously been reading the posts in the February Valentines thread. Sorry about the poo poems, but it seems to have become a bit of an issue with us. If you are going to have chemo, it would be a good idea to join one of the groups. There is a new ‘June Jewels’ thread started, which might be when you will begin chemo - should you decide to go for it. The support, advice and encouragement received from other members is an absolute Godsend.

Wishing you good luck and sending (((big squishy hugs)))

Poemsgalore xxx

Thanks Poemsgalore, i’ve joined the jewels and getting to know everyone - finding the forum a bit addictive, which is not the best for my social life!!
More poems please.
Hope everything going ok for you.
Faye x