Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newly Diagnosed

9 REPLIES 9
SP0

Re: Newly Diagnosed

Hello Jane,

I'm liver & lung (diagnosed at same time as primary).  Taxotere worked well for me, alongside Herceptin, after 6 cycles, the mets were no longer visible on the CT scan.

There are others here with the same organs, or a combo of say liver & bone.  Good luck with your treatment.  I recommend looking for meet ups in your area, that helped me access others with relevant experience more easily than via the threads.  The Tues eve live chat is also useful.

Sarah

FMJT60

Good morning Lucinda, I've just had my second lot of Taxotere and I'm feeling a bit seedy this morning. I'm happy that things are stable for you and hopefully when I get scanned in December mine will be good news too. I find this forum quite difficult as I'm sure there are lots of ladies out there going through the same, I just can't find the threads xx
lucinda

Jane I have secs in bone and liver. I think there is a thread for ladies with bones,liver and lungs but many threads have got lost recently. I was dx with bone mets in 2009 and liver mets in 2012. I am currently on capecitabine which seems to be holding things stable and also on denosumab for the bones which has meant some improvement in the bone mets.

FMJT60

Hi helen

Thank you for responding, I very much appreciate the support. It's chemo day tomorrow but hopefully I should be fit enough to join in the live chat

Regards

Jane
FMJT60

Sheila

Thanks for that, I'm glad you posted and have given me some hope. I will be hopefully going online tomorrow evening to join in the live chat. Do you take part at all. It's my second chemo dose and things going well, should be fit enough to go online

Cheers

jane
FMJT60

Thanks for that Jo, I intend going on line tomorrow night. It's chemo day so hopefully I should be fit enough to join in

Cheers

Jane
2catlady

Hi,Jane,so sorry you are joining us,but this site is full of wonderful experienced ladies,who are always glad to help answer questions and give support.
Take care and huge hug,Helen xxx
roxy12

Hi Jane,

I haven't got breast cancer in the liver but I have had it in the lungs and bones for two years now and am still doing things just the same as I was before dx. Have been stable on current treatment for 16 months (Evorilmus and exemestane) and feel very well.

I have seen others with b.c. in all three areas on other web sites and these people are doing well so don't despair. There are a lot of treatments available!

Take care. Sheila

Jo_BCC

Hi Jane,

I'm sorry to hear of your latest diagnosis and am sure your fellow forum users will be along soon to offer you some much needed support.  Could I suggest you try our Secondary Live Chat service which runs every Tuesday evening between 8.30 and 9.30pm the session is facilitated by a nurse and a moderator so there's always someone to 'talk' to in real time.  If you follow the links below it explains more about live chat.  I've also put for you the link to BCC's publication for secondary BC.

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-services/someone-talk/live-chat?utm_source=Homepage...

http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/secondary-breast-cancer/secondary-breast-cancer-bcc...

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

FMJT60

Newly Diagnosed

I have recently been diagnosed with secondary breast cancer in my liver, lung and bones. Is anyone else on the the site going through the same. I have just had my first dose of Toxatere with my second one due in a couple of days. I'm feeling a bit lost and just totally unsure about my future and would like to chat with others who have gone or are going through the same as I am. I can find threads for ladies with mets in either bones, liver or lungs but not all three. is anyone out there

jane