cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newly diagnosed SBC in liver and lungs age 28

6 REPLIES 6
JadiCakes

Re: Newly diagnosed SBC in liver and lungs age 28

Thanks Skippy that would be great. It's always good to hear from people having similar treatments etc. There's many inspiring and positive stories on here though xxxx
Skippy

I have bone mets was diagnosed in Mayi had breast cancer in 2011 I've had one lot of chemo I'm also having herceptin and a drug called pertuzamab I think it's called and u have to have a monthly injection for my bones I'm older than u though I'm 50 but would love to chat if u would like
kittycat40

Hi sorry to hear you're in this position and so young. I was 38 when first diagnosed. I am 46 now. There are lots of treatments for Oestrogen and HER2. Also alternative procedures to chemo e.g SIRT, RFA etc.wishing you all the very best xx

EJ81

Hi jadicakes,

I can't believe how unlucky you have been. I was diagnosed with primary then secondary a few weeks later aged 32. I'm 34 now. It is a huge amount to take in but it does settle down after a while. Life adjusts and you will find a 'new normal'. In the meantime be kind to yourself. It is a lot to take in.

If you look at the secondary area on the forum you will see several topic boxes (you are currently in the 'inspiring news and stories' one) if you go to 'living with secondary breast cancer' or 'treatments and medical issues' these are the busiest ones with lots of different conversation threads. Also as Carolyn mentioned there is a private area which you have to apply to join but I think if you click on that link it will take you through it.

Welcome to the forum. I hope you find it helpful. Everyone here is really supportive.

Hugs, Ellie xxx

JadiCakes

Hi Carolyn thanks for your reply. Is there a certain but I need to go to? Could you send me a link 🙂 xxxx
Carolyn52

Hiya Jadicakes

Firstly welcome to our little family here and Im sure you will find it a huge source of support and kindness from some lovely ladies.

You are so very young to be having to deal with this sort of illness and I think you are very brave to be so positive. 

I think you might need to move to secondary breast cancer threads where there are ladies with liver and lung mets and are very cheerful and positive with their treatments.We all might be a bit older though !!

We have a private forum where we do book clubs, games and gardening etc etc and you can apply to join us. We do have a bit of a giggle with things too. There is something for everyone on there but at the moment you have treatment and a wedding to plan and so are probably a very busy lady.

Im afraid Im rubbish at medical stuff but there are others  with huge experience and knowledge here.

Hugs xx:xxxx

JadiCakes

Newly diagnosed SBC in liver and lungs age 28

Hi everyone. I really could do with a little inspiration from people going through the same as me.
I had stage 3 BC with lymph node involvement in 2010 age 23. It was HER2 positive and Oestrogen positive. I had masectomy, FEC X2, TAX X2, radio, herceptin, tamoxifen for 10 years (which I've been taken off now diagnosed SBC).
I was suffering with a crackle and a bit of wheezing and from CT scan it showed a 4cm legion on my liver and changes in my right lung. Good news is the king changes look fairly new and there is only one legion in my liver. Everywhere else seems to be ok. Going for bone scan in June to check for bone mets.
I just wondered if anyone else out there is a similar age to me or has had a similar experience?
I'm getting married in September this year and I was really looking forward to starting a life with my best friend and soul mate who is just completely devastated.
I've told him I'll be around for a while yet as I have a fighting attitude. I've done it once so I'll do it again!!!
Starting X 6 lots of FEC, with herceptin and another hormone drug I've not heard of before. Did anyone else have the same? How effective has it been?
It's quite hard hearing it's not cureable. How did people cope with hearing that?
Sorry I'm asking so many questions I was only diagnosed two days ago! Would be great to chat to someone in a similar position as my friends my age haven't even had to go through it once never mind twice!!! Lol. 🙂
Look forward to barring from you ladies xxxxxx