Newly diagnosed and a hello to everyone

Hi - I was diagnosed with grade 3 IDC less than 5 weeks ago and my life has been turned upside down. My treatment plan is 4 months of chemo - 4 sessions of AC and 4 sessions of somethiing else, I forget the name! every two weeks, followed by mastecomy and then radiation therapy. I am so scared and alternate bewteen feeling positive and determined and then miserable and convinced I am going to die. It’s a horrible feeling.

I am having a pre chemo session tomorrow to answer any questions and presumably I will start treatment v soon. I just wanted to introduce myself and make some friends here.

Thanks

Hi A1fie - sorry that you have had to join us on here but you are most welcome. I was diagnosed at the end of May 2011 with grade 3 lobular. I too had 8 sessions of chemotherapy 4 X EC and 4 X TAX all 3 weeks apart. This was followed by a mastectomy just before Christmas and then 15 X radiation. Quite a similar treatment plan to yours!

If you have any questions feel free to ask away. I am sure some of the others will be along soon to offer their support.

Hello A1fie - sorry you have had to join us. I’m in the middle of chemo at the moment - it has not been too bad so far. The emotions you are going through are perfectly normal. Once treatment starts, generally it all feels a lot more do-able. My advice is to take everything a day at a time. Try to deal with side effects if and when they happen, rather than fearing what might happen. The medical team is there to support you through it all, and they have drugs to help with most stuff. There are also helplines and support groups as well as this forum to help you share and cope with all the emotions this brings up. The good thing is you are now going to get treatment to combat this horrible disease.
All the best,

Nicola x

Thnak you both for your replies - I have been for my pre chemo sesssion and i have my first one next friday. Thank you both for your advice. I feel positve today and generally haven’t felt too bad, but there have been times already when I have been scared I am going to die. I just can’t believe my life has changed so much in such a short time. Hopefully I will beat this horrible thing and get my life back. Thanks for the support. Ax

Dear all, I have just recently been diagnosed with Lobular cancer with ER negative.
I am having surgery on the 14th - with a plan to have rads - depending on the histology results after surgery. I sm really scared - totally and utterly - I have a constant knot in my stomach which is painful and annoying. I have linked in to the buddy system provided by BCC. I have also linked in to a local group of BC ladies who have come out the other side. Meeting up with someone on Friday for a coffee. The stress and constant dread this condition has brought has been overwhelmimg. However, I do have more positive days than negative ones. I try to relax and read - do something to keep me occupied. The afternoon and late at night are particularly challenging. This is when you think about the worst case scenario. The rational me then kicks in and I give myself a good talking to.
This site and the staff have been a god send in terms of support for me.

Regards
Caroline

Caroline60 you seem to have a great support network around you and I promise this will get much better once your treatment really starts and you feel more in control and that the medical world are sorting you out. Everyone fully understands your anxiety and has been on your emotion roller coaster that you are on at the moment. It’s a shock, if you have kids and a partner you are probably trying to stay together and be strong for them. This is a place where you can rant and rave and ask whatever you need to know. Take some comfort from women like me and so many in here that are a little further down the road and can assure you that it will get better. Best of luck for the op xx