68.5K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newly diagnosed and feeling really ill already....

79 REPLIES 79
Gaynor randall

Re: Newly diagnosed and feeling really ill already....

Ok Lizzy,

Thanks for letting me know about Birmingham and surrounding thread.  I will check it out.....xx

Blossom Hill

Hi Gaynor, Glad it wasn't too bad, like I say its the fear thats worse than the proceedure I think, we get ourselves all worked up. I live in Bedfordshire. Im waiting for a double MX and immeadiate reconstruction by DIEP I'm having skin saving reconstruction, nipples at a later date.As I've posted before on other threads, I'm large busted a HH, the breast cancer I have in my left breast was picked up by routine mammogram screening, I have no lumps of breast changes. I havent had my operation yet as what I want is extreme, I'm having a so far healthy breast removed. My breast consultant wanted to remove the cancer by reduction to give me a smaller boob which would be easier for the 3 weeks rads she said I'd have to have. Don't know yet about chemo, they don't think so but who knows? Then once all treatment done I would return for second op in uneffected breast to be made same. I asked if the cancer returned then what, she said I'd have to have a mastectomy as once you have had rads to it, it would have to be removed, obviously the other one if it ever came back could be dealt with. I've carefully considered her suggestions, but for some reason, my gut says mastectomy, I've had 10 weeks of this as diagnosed on 20th November. I'm on leterzole to stop it and its hormone receptive so she assures me I'm safe!!!!! Not that I feel safe. Anyway I've had to have CT scan for staging, thank god it hasn't spread, and also to check that my stomache vessels are suitable for this. They are. I've had to have a physological assessment to check my mind knows what its doing, and although I question what I'm about to put my body through, its what I always come back to. Its a hard call as I have no symptoms so knowing whats ahead when I come round from the operation is scary. But it gives me the best chance of it never being able to come back, if I don't need chemo, well thats even better, the "Someone like me service has matched me to two lovely ladies but they have only had single MX, my thought process if I've got to have a second  operation on my right boob anyway some 6 to 12 months later, although I know i a MX and recon is much bigger op the scars are the same, obviously my stomache one is in addition. And the drains and fluid build up same. I would love to be able to talk to someone who has had double MX with skin saving immeadiate recon, but I dont think there are many out there.so thats where I sit. I got the OK from surgeon yesterday, my operation will have to be done in London I believe at the Royal Free, Im absolutuly terrified but for me its the right decision, good luck on your journey

Love Bloss XXX

Lizzy_BCC

Hi Gaynor, 

It is great to see all the support you are getting on this thread.

If you are looking for users in the Birmingham area you may want to look at and post in the Meeting Up in Birmingham and surrounding areas thread which has already been used by some of our forum members.

Best wishes, 

Lizzy 

Digital Community Assistant 

Gaynor randall

Hi Blssom. Thanks for replying.  I had my scan earlier, and it wasn't that bad as you said.  At last I have got a start date for my radiotherapy. I didn't have any dye nor a cannula nserted.  They put a few marks around the breast area, attached wire around it also. After the scan they injected a small spot of permanent ink either side of the area of my breast, they call it a tattoo!  Then when. I have my radiotherapy it's all market up ready for them.  Will you be having a lumpectomy and lymph node removal. That's what I had.  Grade 2 invasive. I'm really pleased for you that you have got the god ahead after all that waiting and worryng.  Hoping to hear from you again soon blossom.  By the way what part of the country are you from ?'m in Birmngham.. Don't think there's anyone on here form my neck of the woods. Take care. and hope to chat very soon xx

Blossom Hill

Hi Gaynor, I had a CT scan yesterday. Its not really claustrophobic, its like going through a polo mint. because your head and legs are out of it, its OK, you may find when they are setting it up that it passes over your head and it is close but if you close your eyes its just seconds not minutes, but your head and legs are out of it all the time so its not like MRI. They will put a dye into you, but its clear thro a cannula in your arm, its operated by a pump that they press from their room, but they can see you at all times through a big glass window and they talk you through what they are doing, when they tell you they are putting in the dye, you go hot, its not a sweaty I'm gonna faint I feel sick hot, the only way I can describe it is imagine they put hot water into your veins, its just your torso that goes hot not your legs, due to the warm feeling they tell you you may feel like uve wet yourself, its not a feeling of emptying your bladder its just the warm feeling as if you had at the top pf your legs, also you get a metalic taste in your mouth like uve sucked a coin (not that I ever have) again it lasts seconds. Like everything we go through its not the best, but I wouldnt worry if I had to have another. I think anastrozole is part of the inhibitor family, I'm on leterzole, like you I read up on the side effects and thought sod taking them, but I brought some supplements to help with the joint pain and also a calcium tablets to replace and maintain bone as leterzole depletes it. I also take a high dose of oderless garlic, touch wood although its early days for me, been on them 3 months nearly, I've been ok. Don't know if thats down to my supplements, check with your pharmacy its safe to take with em, the fact its early days and it hasn't hit with side effects yet or I'm just lucky, I do get tired in the afternoon sometimes but I think thats more to do with having had a breast cancer diagnosis for 10 weeks and no operation (now got the go ahead for it) and the sleep pattern that goes out of the window rather than the tablets. Not everyones gonna get the side effects, they have tell you worst case. Good luck with your scan tomorrow, HONESTLY its not to be feared, sometimes they have a blind you can wear if it helps, but its ok I promise. Good Luck

Love Bloss XX

Gaynor randall

Hi. Dellywell, cato kitty and all my dear friends,  I just thought I would update you.  Tomorrow I have my c.t scan. I am claustrophobic, and I am really scared.  Also I have been prescribed anastrozole by the oncologist. I haven't started them yet after reading the side effects.  Is anyone else on them, and how have they found them? Has anyone had any side effects from these.  I would love to know please.  I will probably be given a date shortly to start my radiotherapy.  How have you been Dellywelly.  Send me a message dell.  I love to read your long everlasting messages Love to all of you. Look forward to your replies. Xxx

delly

Phew Roch - You're a woman of few words.

I haven't looked into your link, don't know if I dare at the moment, me waiting on results and it being New Year and all that !!

Come back on and tell us a bit about yourself.

Love to you and ALL

Dellydingdong xxxx

Roch

Dear all,

Happy new year.

Rapid diagnosis of cancer helps in increasing the chance of fighting it really good. In this context please the list of well known diagnostic methods which will you to quickly determine the conacer type and severity.

http://www.oncologybiomarkers.com/2015/12/clinical-diagnosis-of-cancer-or-cancers.html

catokitty

Hi Gaynor I had a similar test, IHC4, as part of a clinical trial and basically oncologist said the same thing.  Adjuvant on line showed a 3.5 benefit for chemo at 10 years (I had grade 1 mixed grade 2 14 mm IDC with two lymph nodes affected).  She said the test was not very likely to come back recommending chemo and it was entirely up to me.   She put it to me that I could have the test if I was willing to consider having chemo but I certainly didn't have to make any final decision about it before having it and I didn't have to sign anything.   I asked her what she thought the best thing to do was and she refused to say, just shrugged her shoulders so it was very confusing for me.    Anyway I went ahead and they did the test and it came back at 5 which is low risk so no chemo recommended.    It was a huge relief as I was dreading chemo although subsequently looking at this forum I could see that people just get on and get through it and many people sail through it.   Onc told me that the aim of the test is to ensure that people get appropriate treatment rather than being overtreated to be on the safe side.       I feel I really benefited from the test as without it I would always have been wondering if I made the right decision.  Onc said 3.5% was very low and the most effective treatment for me was going to be letrozole anyway.   She also said it was in no way risky for me to refuse chemo without the test as letrozole is active treatment.  I do wish you all the best with it.  

delly

Gaynor, my DEAR FRIEND. It's only natural that you are feeling "up and down" with all this. It's a huge shock to ANYone. Plus, you are also having to face Radiotherapy - all as yet THE UNKNOWN, how it's gonna feel, how it's going to make YOU feel. You also sound as though you don't yet know if you need / want chemo, should you opt for this extra test ?? Another decision to have to make, when you're already upset with it all, that you probably feel you could do without having to make.

Please ALLOW yourself these DOWN / LOW times. I don't know what support you have at home - husband / partner ( or gigolo ?!!), family, friends. If you're not getting much support, you may want to consider getting some focussed counselling. Your BCN should be able to help you with this. Otherwise - it's about "riding out" these downers and realising that's JUST what they are. However, if they become prolonged, there are a lot of ladies on here who obtained help through antidepressants. Much of that depends on whether you're are much of a tablet person or not. I don't like them, antidepressants. Don't like the side effects, which outweigh the benefits for me, so I try and turn to other forms of therapy to try and lift my mood eg. music and/or a daft film, or tv show. OR, I get on here and have a good VENT !!!! Has worked for me, OFTEN. Somebody says something back, or that makes me laugh,  that helps to dissepate it. I keep meaning to get some joke books.

But, I'm going to tell you something else that's happened over Xmas, that's not good and No, it's not to me, but to someone I love and I consider one of my "Best Buddies". It may help you get some perspective. It's horrible and extremely upsetting. My "Step Uncle", Gordon, is a big 6'2" fella, knocking on at 82, and having increasing probs with mobility and such the last few years but still very much independent. He was spending Xmas down at his Hereford house, his daughter Ali, and husband Chris + Grandkids live about 20 miles away, so he went down to spend much of the festive period with them. I just presumed he would be having a really nice, family time. Got a text message from my "witch" of a cousin, to tell me that he'd been rushed into hospital. He'd got down to his house and started having nasty pains behind his knees. These got so bad, he phoned for an ambulance. Was rushed in in a great deal of pain. Turned out he had aneurysms behind BOTH knees. The chances of BOTH are unheard of really. One of them was soooo bad, the circulation was completely obliterated and he had to have his leg AMPUTATED below the knee !!  Xmas Eve this was. POOR G - what a gawd awful dreadful thing to have to go through. Fortunately, they managed to save the other leg.

I feel sooo upset for him, at his stage in life too, where things are getting more and more difficult enough, without this for him to have to get to grips with, as well as.

Hi Lynne, I don't think our paths have crossed before, or have they?? I had mastectomies 2006 and 2007, both with FULL node clearance (It was STANDARD procedure at that time). Didn't need rads or chemo. Bounced back REEEALLY well from my 1st, but sank into desperate depression after my second. Much to do with still being a single woman and it SMASHING my confidence to bits with regards to relationships. So much so, that I haven't had one since !!

Congrats on getting your first chemo under your belt. What a lousy time to start. I also understand, from what other chemo-cuties say, your side effects are likely to get progressively worse with each session. It has a cumulative effect. I DO hope you are also joining in on the chemo threads. You're an amazing lot.

Tummy better?? NO, still dreadful, worse after what they did to me today, and sorry in advance "liquid". It wasn't a colonoscopy. It was a colon scan using an anal probe !!!  Plus heart, lung and liver scans. All by CT. Have 10 days to wait on results. Will phone docs tomorrow and reset up the ultrasound appointment. Had to go into one of the private hospitals near to Manchester so took myself off for a treat afterwards. You have to starve yourself for these bowel exams to clear them beforehand, so I was absolutely starving. Had it all planned - my favourite pizza followed by "Starwars" in 3D !! Could only eat 2 slices of pizza and felt sick, had to bring the rest home and stop for a lenghthy toilet sesh on the way back to Macc (approx 1 hr journey) to avoid a nasty accident. Film was ABFAB, but again, nearly didn't see the end because was getting desperate for the loo. Did make the end with great difficulty, but had to make a mad dash before everyone and another long loo sesh. Bloomin awful.

The only time my stomach feels ok-ish, is when I haven't eaten. But, of course, I'm so washed out with not having eaten very much in the last 6 weeks !!

I think it's likely related to my liver and/or Gall Bl;adder, because of this feeling sick 15 mins into eating and then for the rest of an hour.

Anyway girlies, we'll see. I DO hope you all feel a bit more UP soon. Perhaps at the New Year ?? Keep watching nice, happy tv, romcoms, comedies. Avoid anything upsetting or violent. And have a mad bop round the kitchen.

Loadsa love to you all

DingerDelly xxxx

Lynne1955

Hi

i had a Masectomy end of October.  In fact I recovered from the operation very quickly and was back in full swing within 2 weeks.  

The report only takes about two weeks to come back so you should get your treatment plan quickly.  Mine was 6 x FEC 75 followed by 15 sessions of radiotherapy.  

I had had my first FEC on 23rd and side effects have been minimal.  Foggy for 3 days now can't sleep because of steroids but in the day I can just carry on as usual.  

I know now how you feel and it is a roller coaster but use here to rant and ask questions, we are all here to help if we can.

love and hugs

Lynne

Gaynor randall

Hi Lynne. Thanks for replying. I am awaiting radiotherapy. I had a lumpectomy and 2 lymph nodes removed. 

Did you have a lumpectomy also Lynne. And are you feeling much better now. I am waitng for an appoinment

with the oncologist regarding this procedure. if I agree to chemo then they will proceed with it.im feelng so depressed. I haven't been too bad, up until a couple of days ago. What with Christmas on top of everything. I can't think straight. I keep getting so emotional and getting upset over anything. I dread the new years eve. Anyway Lynne. I hope to hear from you soon, take care . Gaynor xx

Lynne1955

Hi i was diagnosed with grade 3 no lymph node involvement breast cancer on 15 Oct.  result on N H S predict was 3.7, 4 means you need chemo.  They sent my tissue off for the oncotype dx report.  It came back as 33 so therefore there was a chance it could come back.  I therefore started chemo on 23 Dec  6 sessions of FEC 75  at least i could have an informed decision on whether chemo was needed.  I would definately go for it evidently its about 20% of people dont need chemo.  They also dont spend £2500 on a test if it isnt worthwhile.  Good luck.  Xx

Gaynor randall

Hi delly babe.  I hope your feeling a lot better from your bout of gastric flu, also all the very best for tomorrow with your tests, I hope everything goes well for you Dells.  

The results for the 17th.  The surgeon said it was a grade 2, not grade 1, as she had previously told me from the biopsy and scan results.  She also said the tumour was bigger than what they thought it was.

She then asked me about a new test from America calld oncotype DX Mainly if you are suffering with invasive grade 1 or 2. you are offered it,  You have to agree to having chemotherapy first, I was undecided.

then they test a small amount of breast tissue which pis shipped over to a laboratory in California, The test analyses a group of 21 genes found in breast cancer, and results are reported as a recurrence score ranked between 0-100.  The score indicates how likely the CANCER is to return and Ŵnether chemotherapy (in addition to hormone therapy) will benefit the patient.  The lower the score the less likely the CANCER is to come back.  But you have to agree to chemo first, although you might not need it.  Has anyone else been offered this, if so, what do they think of it , or has anyone benefited from it.  I would be pleased to hear the outcome.  Also what score did they get out of 100.   

Hoping to hear from you soon,  all the best. Gaynor xxxx

delly

Hi Girls

Firstly - the size of my forum page and print has SHRUNK. Anyone any idea how to get it back up to size ?? Any help from the moderators would be greatly appreciated ?? Pleeease. And I've even got specs on. I've got loads of blank space either side.

Hope you all enjoyed your Xmases ?? I spent Xmas Eve in bed or cutched up my dressing gown keeping warm all day feeling absolutely dire with my stomach, sickness, nausea, nothing to eat. Same most of Xmas day too. Was glad to be on my own, couldn't face company, making an effort. Told everyone who said they'd check in on me to not to + I didn't want to give it to anyone - flu that is, on top of a gyppy tum of the previous 4 weeks.

Going for a suite of tests tomorrow - forked out privately for. Only trouble is, they don't cover throat oesophagus, stomach and small intestines. Colonoscopy yes (can't wait - er yeh I can !!), heart, lung and liver scans yes, plus extra liver tests - can't remember what else. So, my bowels have to be in an empty state - no hardship there then. Been on liquids the last few days anyway. Mmmmmmm.

Waiting on NHS ultrasound scan of tum. So, shall see what turns up.

Now, Gaynor - you didn't give us your results from the 17th ????? ! NO - you SHOULDN'T STILL be getting pains. Your over 3 weeks now. I'm presuming this is still in the region of your lumpectomy (was it ??). Also. if they gave you Flucloxacillin before, they thought the pain and swelling was due to INFECTION. So those helped bring the swelling down a bit, you say. How long a course did they give you - 5 days ?? Maybe you need another course. Also, it ccould have been infection that was giving you hot flushes, but in a high temperature way.

Yes - make a bloody nuisance of yourself and phone them up. It's NOT settling down. Better the BREAST clinic than your doc tho'. They are geared up more to such probs than your doc. Let us know how you go on if you have time.

Elaine - awwwww, you poor darlin'. Your poor bones and BOD. Yeh, you will carry on learning about yourself. Are you having chats on the chemo threads ?? Hope so. All I can do is offer you my sympathetic noises, encouragement and keep sending you healing thoughts, feel pretty helpless. That's how many treatments out of how many now flower ?? You people are incredibly brave.

How's everyone else doing ? OK ??

Yeah, "A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE"

Lotsa love

DingDongDelly xxxxxxx

Elaine67

Hello ladies - I hope you all had a good christmas under the circumstances. Lesley - I will probably hop over to the chemo chat that you suggested - I'm 3 weeks in now -  achy achy bones! I still have my hair but almost hoping i will wake up tomorrow and it will not be there now as I'm tired of waiting for it to go. Wow this feels like the longest 'journey' ever doesn't it? I feel like I've learnt more about myself in the last 3 months than I have in the last 48  years! 

Wishing you all health and a much much better 2016 

Elaine xx

Gaynor randall

Hi girls. Hoping everyone's ok, and you have had a nice Christmas.  ( I mean as well as can be expected under the circumstances).  My breast is still very painful, itI was very swollen a couple of weeks ago, I was prescribed flucloxallin penicillin, it brought the swelling down, bu still pains, and I get soooooo tired, iv  been going back to bed these past few days.  Unusual for me. I am going to ring the breast clinic tomorrow or see my g.p.  As a one else experienced these symptoms that I have, be mist grateful if you can let me no please, as it is worrying he a lot.  My love to everyone and a happy new year, hoping we all have better luck for 2016. Chin up! And all the best to you all....,. Xxx

delly

Hey, sweetpeas - aww nice I know. 

Elaine - had a watch of the link with lousy sound on this thing. Got the gyst though. Wow, thought she presented it all really well. I like THAT attitude of yours - "just want to start chemo now, and therefore be closer to ending it" 

Gaynor - I'm so glad to hear your feeling better and better. Possibly you reacted to the anaesthetic ??Are you on Letrozole or any other tabs that may be increasing your hot flushes ??

I see my knee man tomorrow, so get to take my trousers off for a man !! It locked 5 days ago, so I've bee unable to fully extend or straighten it and been hobbling around. It's caused by "loose bodies" that bresk off or waer away from the artuculating surfaces, then become jammed inbtween and it locks. So they have to be taken out and the surfaces tidied uo with an arthroscopy. Had to have it done 4 years ago following a major cruciate ligament reconstruction op 1995, so it's stood me well (literally)

Docs on Wed to get re-referred back into reconstruction with a different surgeon than before plus get referred for my hand and finger prob. Then have a ultrasound scan on my tum next Wed. Teeth next, need to find a good dentist, preferably through recommendation. Got one just across the road, but don't know anyone who goes to it.

Jumping or hobbling onto the train to go to Nantwich on Thursday, to visit my fave Uncle and his wife. Haven't seen 'em for 3 years so am really looking forward to it.

Speak to you soon. Loadsa love

Dellywellydoodaa xxx

Gaynor randall

Hi delly. I am a very anxious person, very much so. I have to see the  consultant Thursday 17/12/15, for my results, I will mention it to her then.  I'm 61 my lovely Delly, and I'm having more flushs now than When I was going through the change.i think it's a lot to do with stress.  By the way dellywelly I did phone up and speak to someone on the freephone number advertised, didn't get much joy out of them.  The anaesthetist gave me something to calm me down, because when I came round. I couldn't get my breath, I thnk I was having a panic attack. it did calm me down but left me feeling very groggy and with a terrible headache. Each day it seems to get a bit better, and I feel a bit stronger. I haven't list my appetite though, I don't stop eating. Lol. Anyway I will let u all know how I get on when I've seen the consultant on Thursday. Until then my lovelies. I bid you all a good night, and will speak to you all soon.  Xxxx

delly

Gaynor - don't EVER think you are "blabbing on". You should see/read some of my posts on "Just Diagnosed and wanting to Talk". It's ALL important stuff though. Have a good rant, rave, sob, complain. It's the whole point of this 'ere lovely Forum. You can VENT and VOICE anything - Yeah??

Sooo, what you seem to be saying is, that it's been whatever the anaesthetist gave you for your not being able to breathe when coming round, that gave you such a bad reaction. Have I got that right?? You NEED to make ALL your symtoms clear to your consultant when you DO see, yeh??

Yeh, of course your breathlessness could be to do with anxiety - ARE you an anxious type person tho?? Could your hot flushes be you starting with "The Change" - what's your age Gaynor ?? You know ,really , you should be able to phone someone/support contact/ BCN to have been able to speak to about all this. It's definitely NOT normal, is it ? A lot of you more recently diag women are having a RAW deal compared to my time treatments with a 5 day stay in hospital, with everyone and EVERYthing on hand !! x

I'm doing really well mentally thanks lovey, just falling to bits phys wise and loads of med appts the next couple of weeks.

Awwww- Elaine. Thanks, I miss hugs being an orphan, which means I appreciate them sooo much more. Sending a spesh Delly one back. Good luck with embarking on your chemo. I know you've got lots of good co. on the chemo threads on here. I looked into just to educate myself more as I didn't need it or rads. Be thinking of you sweetiepie x

Sending the same to you Lesley. right name ? You chemo cuties are a brave lot. Take my hat off to you. Hope all goes well. Will check out the link taa x

off to bo-bies now

Sleep tight, Delly xxx

Les53

Hi Elaine, what an inspirational video x I took mine off last night , like you didn't fancy letting it all go slowly so donned the wig for the first time today, went for my bloods prior to second round tomorrow and then went to see my granddaughter and she never even noticed! 

I feel rather sad but happy it was a decision I could make and carry through. Hope all goes well for you tomorrow, I post mainly on the Nov 2015 chemo thread and their Facebook page - we can add pics to support each other thru hair loss etc. xxx 

ps ........... Big hugs xxx

lesley x

Elaine67

Hello ladies - Gaynor - hope you're feeling better - I'm a reader and occasional poster on this thread 😉 I'm starting chemo tomorrow and as mentioned in a previous thread I have just shaved my head - Thought it might be useful to some who need to make a hair decision to take a peak - it's on youtube here -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlW4qPEHzAQ 

Nervous about chemo but just want to start now - and therefore be closer to ending it!

Hugs to anyone who needs them - I have lots to give at the moment (apparently you need at least 8 hugs a day to maintain a happy outlook - although I may have just made that up for my own benefit 😉

xx

Gaynor randall

hi Dell..... I know,.....iv never heard of anyone who has had these side effects that I've had. I'm getting hot flushes as well, which I forget to mention, also breathlessness.( I'm not sure if it is anything to do with me being anxious). As I mentioned that when I came around from the anasthetic, I could hardly breathe, and the anaesthetist administered something to calm me down, that's when it all began. I haven't felt right since.

Also I am so weak!  I was going t phone up the Macmillan nurse at the hospital, or just wait till next week and speak to the consultant. Enough of me blabbering on again!! How are you feeling love..? And I hope everyone else is ok, I'm thinking of all you all............xxx

delly

Gaynor - Jeez, NO. I've NEVER come across ANYone who's had such a reaction as youhoo. Are you sure you're not putting it on - Hey I'm joking. Can only think as you thought that you've had a bad reaction to the anaesthetic. It does happen. I used to have to use locals in my work, and even those could produce quite lethal reactions, so we had to be aware of such reactions, just in case.Worse with a "General" (anaesthetic that is, not the military person position !!) 

You've got ANOTHER week left to wait !! How you coping flower?? You okay?? This disease STINKS / SUCKS, is a HUGE BUMMER to put it mildly. 

Stay in touch will ya. Keep us UP with how you're doing.

And YEAH, boy does it help IF you can retain a sense of humour in all of this C**P !!!!!

Lots o' love to you and everyone else

Dellywellydingdong xx

Gaynor randall

Hi girls. Just updating you once again.  I have to see the consultant on the 17/12/15 

for my results, received the letter today. Not feeling too worried at the moment. Still feelng a bit weak and sore frm last Friday's op. Also my head is sill fuzzy and been having headaches every day, also my ears pop, this is since I had the general anaesthetic.  Has any body else suffered from any of these symptoms. I would love to hear from you if so. Once again thanks to everyone who has supported me,and been then for me,throughout my diagnosis and operation.  Love you all xxxxx

delly

Hi Grills, yes spelling intended.

How are you both now, Gaynor and Anne?? Ae you both looking like, pooing and peeing Alien GREEN !!

DellyPOOS xx

Gaynor randall

Hi Anniewol and all you other lovely ladies on this forum.

just keeping you updated. Firstly girls my green pooh gas gone back to normal,, so as my wee(I'm so relieved)

about that. ha ha!

I've still got he fuzzy head, and still taking the painkillers though. The pain in my breast where I had the op. Is getting better each day. Last but not least my grey face has got a bit more colour today. I still feel and look groggy though! enough of me now. How is everyone else doing, How you all feeling, Thanks again for all your lovely, kind messages and all your wonderful support, I love you all. Xx

Anniewol

Hi Gaynor

THe green poo will soon go and be back to normal, I had green poo and wee for a couple of days and then it fades away. Took Ibuprofen and Co-codamol for the pain.  I was Stage 1 had an Mastectomy and lymph nodes removed, waiting for the results is horrible as I imagined too much, thankfully I was okay when the results came through fingers crossed you will be, make sure to keep us updated.  Keeping everything crossed for you. Anne xx

Jobey68

Hi Gaynor, glad its all over for you inspite of things not going 100% smoothly! I took ibuprophen and paracetamol together,cant take anything stronger as makes me ill, waiting on results is crap but has too be done 😕 you had a grade 1 diagnosis like me i think didnt you? Well i had no nasty surprises after op and all was clear, heres hoping you get the same Xx Jo
Gaynor randall

Hi delly and evryone.

I came out on Friday night about 6pm. I had to have a wheelchair, was very Dizzyand had a very heavy head.

The nurse said te due to the anaesthetic. I'm feeling sore around the areas. Doping myself up with painkillers.

pooh is still green. Like mushy peas. Ha ha. You have to have a laugh when you have been through what we have, hey girls. I think we are all very brave, and we all deserve a medal.

hope everyone lsa ok, I'm thinking of you all, and hope to hear from you in due course.xx

delly

Awwwwww, Gaynor,

After all my trust me's etc. You did or have had such a bad time of it. AND, Oh, I'm sorry, but I'm giggling at GREEN POO !! Not very sympathetic of me but couldn't help.

Are you home or still in because of your blood pressure complications ??

Having to wait on results is the worst part of it, or usually the worst, perhaps not so in your case, hey?

Keep in touch. Don't let my giggling put you off

Lotsa love to you and everyone

Delly-didn't-giggle-really-ding-dong xx 

Gaynor randall

Hi. Everyone. Just to let you know that I had the operation ysterday, and my wee and poo are green. Also my face is grey. Ha ha! I'm taking co-codamol from the hospital pain relief, trouble isI feel very drowsy whilst on them. So I have switched to co-dydramol. I feel much better than yesterday. I had a bad reaction to the anaesthetic. When I came round, my blood pressure was sky high,, however, I had the lumpectomy and the sentinel node removed. Just have to wait now for the results. In 2 weeks time. 

I hope everyone is ok. Delly, jobey, jill and very one else on the forum.sorry if I have missed anyone out. I'm still groggy and dizzy. Xx

delly

Morning Gaynor flower

Glad Jobey was around to answer your question, as I was a mastectomy girl so completely different. You'll be fine -TRUST US. Probably wonder what on earth you got so worried about. Plus I'll be in your pocket to keep you company. We can have a good giggle whilst you're in peaceful slumber land. It's good that you've had such a bad night, because you sleep even better under the anaesthetic and wake up feeling that much more refreshed afterwards. And you'll reeeally enjoy that tea and toast the nurses bring you, even though it's plastic sliced bread - boy does it taste good

Be with yer so don't worry.

Loadsa love and cheeky giggles, DoolallyDelly xxxxxx 

Jobey68

Hi Gaynor , the fear of the unknown is horrible but honestly its not a major op and you will be amazed at how you will feel afterwards, i walked out of hospital 2 hrs after waking up in recovery 😊
My node scar is about 2 inches and runs along the crease in my arm pit, i didnt turn grey and the green wee gave us something to laugh about!
You will be fine hun honestly, will be thinking of you and look forward to hearing from you when its all overXxx Jo
Gaynor randall

Hi everyone. I can't get to sleep. Getting very anxious n nervy thinking about what lies ahead tomorrow. You know the cut under your arm for the lymph node procedure, will it be a long cut across, or diaagonal, is anyone on line who can answer me please? I would rather  know now, than me asking tomorrow. Lol. i'm

still worrying about green wee, and a grey face from the other night.ha ha.

from Gaynor......one very frightened woman xx

Jilly1989

Thanks for your replies girls . Feeling a little better today still have the earache though but hopefully will soon mend . Gaynor good luck for your node removal, green pee and grey face on Friday x 

as I said not as bad as I thought , 

i just want my date for the big op to come through , all this waiting is so traumatic and unfair , I have hospital app to meet anthethatis and nurses , so I'm hoping tomorrow I will no more x 

so good luck to all of you am thinking of you for Friday gaynor

p.s I'm in essex 

delly

Morning girls,

Gaynor - I'm in Manchester. Yeh Jill, it's only natural for your imagination to run riot. Any of you, come on and have a good rant, sob or giggle anytime. Make as much use of this forum as you can, it's a huge help to know that you AREN'T alone in all this, even if we're just "virtual". You'll get loads of useful help, tips, advice.

Good luck to you both with your procedures

oadsa love Delly xx 

Gaynor randall

Gaynor randall

Hi Amanda. Thanks for sharing your experience with me. I will be having the wire inserted on the morning of the operation.  Then the lumpectomy and sentinel node procedure. I hope your feeling a lot better than you have been. Tak care. X

Gaynor randall

Hi Jill. Thank you for sharing your experience with me, I feel the same petrified, as you say it's the waiting around was the worst bit  I'm the same as you Jill every ache or pain that you have makes you think it has spread. it's hard not to worry, as you know. I am trying to take each day as it comes, try and keep your mind active. I'm used to working full time. from 7.30 am until 5 pm. Therefore, I now have a lot of time on my hands.Where about do u girls live? I'm from Birmingham. Anyone lve near my neck of the woods?

Jilly1989

Hi gaynor and everyone else x I had 2 lymph nodes removed 5 days ago , had the ashen grey face for a day and the green poo and wee, all that being said I was absoulutly pertrified and still am about the whole thing , but I have to say the whole procedure was no where near as bad as I had thought , I think the waiting around all day was the worse bit , 

i was diagnosed 5 weeks ago and still can't take it in. I'm waiting for my mascetomany and recon app. 

Since I was diaganosed I think every pain and ache I  have I'm convicted it's somewhere else and am beginning to think I'm a complete selfish freak , I've had an ear ache for which I was given a spray , now after 2 weeks and it's still there I'm told by my doctor that's it's an infection so am on antibiotics , but of course me being me I think it's the dreaded c..... I can't even say the word anymore, 

Really sorry for this thread I must sound like I'm ranting , People say try and keep busy and positive ,but I just find it so hard sometimes ,

it has helped reading all these lovely mess on here , and of course I do believe it or not ! Relies that I'm in a lot better place than some people , 

anyway enuff of me ranting , good luck and god bless you all x

Jobey68

Delly I keep waking at around 5 so I snuggle under the duvet with my phone and have a nose around the forum until I feel sleepy again, Green wee was interesting 😁

A.Faed

Hi Gaynor, my first op in September was a WLE (lumpectomy) and sentinel node procedure. Mine was a grade 2 invasive lobular also. The day before the op, I had the blue dye injected and a wire for location put in. My face, skin and eyes did now change colour at all. There was a blues area on my breast which showed no sign of going but I have since had a mastectomy, so I don't know how long it lasts. Blue pee and funny coloured poo was gone very quickly, too!

Amanda x

delly

Flippin 'eck Jobes - you're up early. I'm not 'cos I haven't been to bed yet! Don't quite know what's fuelling me, but all I know is , It's GOOD STUFF!! I haven't even got round to the Just Diag girls yet. How are you doin?? ANYone else peeing green wee and looking grey ??! I think it's just Jobey. She's a strange, cheeky little elfin !!   xx

Jobey68

Hi Gaynor, i had the same diagnosis and op as you and I didnt turn blue so dont worry yourself about that, it can happen but your more likely to just look a bit grey for a few days and will be weeing green until it passes through your system! You will be surprised by how well you feel after your op, its really not that bad Xx Jo
delly

Hi again Gaynor,

I'm with you on the EMOTIONAL, me too. 'cept I'm a faaar more OPENLY emotional person after my BC exp[erience + a whole load of other major stuff. I think it's a good thing as long as you let it out ("Let it Gooo, Let it gooo - as in the incredibly popular "Frozen" - I finally got to watch it tonight - BRILL, GREAT !! Now know what everyone's been ravibg about). Hows your husband coping with your diagnosis and impending treatment? Is he fantastically supportive?

I don't know how much time you spend on the Forum, but if you haven't already, you could do to look into the  Going through treatment / Surgery section. I think you may find answers there to your Sentinal Node Biopsy queries. I was just before they brought it into this country. Of course it was being used in the states 8 years prior to over here, but we're always behind. Their "set-up"  of course is PRIVATELY funded so they can afford all the latest advances, as oppo to our wonderful NHS system which is sadly becoming poorer and poorer. Also, you may want to "post" and ask the same questions on the "Just diag and wanting to talk to People . . " on this same section. It's a general type of thread, daily exchange of treatments, experiences etc. really, with all sorts of different experiences behind it. The more posts you pose your questions on and spend a bit of time looking into, the more info you'll get on it all and the more "easier" you will feel. Trust me - I have a round neck!! Everybody has a round neck so it's a joke. No seriously, do trust what I and other people say to you on here. The likes of Peggycat, I'm not so sure!! I'm teasing Gaynor! Peggycat (Ruth) knows what I'm like.

Gaynor, the most difficult time for you will be waiting on the results from your lumpectomy - it's like TORTURE. Once you get those you know more "what's what" and be able to either get as close back to norm as you were, Or have to gird yourself up for whatever further treatment is required. If that's the case - you WILL, and it won't be half a bad as you think it will - much of it is a frightening fear of the unknown darlin -trust the round necked woman!!

BTW, STUFF your being independent at a time like this - you need ALL the support you can get. You said it yourself - it knocks you for six.

Elaine, Jennifed, Charlie - how are you all doing ?? Let us know will yers ??

Loadsa love Dellydingerbell xx  

PeggyCat
Community Champion

Hi Gaynor,

I had a sentinal node biopsy at the very end of August. I certainly didn't have a blue face although I remember reading that it can make you look rather "grey and ashen" for a while, like you look ill. I still have a small blueish/grey mark about the size of a penny just outside my nipple area where I think they injected the dye but I only notice it in certain lights and it is fading. A colleague who had BC a few years ago told me that the skin on her breast remained blue for about four months but did eventually disappear. Good luck with your surgery. I found it a lot less traumatic than I thought I would and hope you do too.

x

Gaynor randall

Hi delly.  You are a charachter I must say, and you have certainly cheered me up.  I gave just logged in, I was feeling very low after being up the hospital for 4 hours, having my pre-op. Thanks to your nice words, and humour I feel that there is light at the end  of the tunnel.  Thank You Delly.

There's me and m husband at home.  2 grown up children.  They visit when they can, mainly of a week-end.

Tell you the truth Dell I'm very independent, even at a time like this., but I am a very emotional person.

being diagnosed with BC has really knocked me for 6.  I suppose everyone feels like this though, at this stage, 

pin the process of what lies ahead.  Has anyone had a sentinel lymph node biopsy? They inject a blue dye into your breast. It says that your face will be discoloured also. How long will this take for it to wear off your face.l? As if we women haven't got enough to contend with!

i would love to hear from anyone who has gone through the same operation that I wll be having this Friday.

grase 1 invasive ductal CANCER and sentinel lymph node biopsy.

delly

Gaynor, another P.s. - Are you on your own in this ?? Or do you have a good supportive partner, family, friends ?? I hope so.

Waiting on results or, as you are, surgery - SUCKS !!!!! My advice to you until Friday (if you're not working so don't have that as a distraction) would be to spend all your time this week pampering yourself mentally and physically. Such as :- Go get yourself a nice massage, espesh your neck and shoulders, have a facial, buy some new uplifting music cds and have a good bop, spend as much time as poss in the company of your favourite people, watch only comedy progs or nice romcoms on tv. Whatever "floats your boat" basically. Buy loads of your favourite healthy foods to feed your body up.

Plus spend time on this Forum. Everyone here has been through what you're going to. You'll have very understanding, listening ears and have a giggle at the same time.That's when you're not too busy going out having a good time that is of course.

Thinking of you, stay in touch as much as you can this week - hey?

Loadsa love Dellywelly xx  

delly

And Flippin forgot - if i don't hear from you before, I'm in your pocket on the 4th to take care of you. You'll feel me fidgetting around initially just to let you know I'm there (attention seeking perhaps), but then ALL will be CAAALM. All of us on here will be thinking of you. TRY not to worry - try to distract yourself as much as poss leading up to. xx