Newly diagnosed but feeling positive

Hi everyone. My name is Rosie. I am 37 and live in London with my husband and two children. I was diagnosed last week with breast cancer in my left breast. Yesterday my consultant told me that scans have shown it has not spread. I am celebrating this as extremely good news. I certainly wouldn’t have wished to have breast cancer but it is not going to get me down. Both my mum and my best friend have been through it and survived. This is something I certainly intend to copy! I hope to go on working as much as possible throughout my treatment. I am hoping to find other people in a similar situation to me who are keen to get on with life and not let the cancer get in the way. Please get in touch for mutual positive support!

Hi Rocho

I just registed here, this is my first post.  I am 40, mother of two and I was diagnosed two weeks ago with a grade 2 tumor.  I was really positive in the first week thinking we can just cut this out and then get back to normal life.  However, I have really struggled this week (I think it’s sinking in more and more) and am worrying about if the cancer would have spread and to where and I have aches and pains all over and feel sick constantly.  Is this normal???

I am having a lumpectomy on 30 July and then a decision will be made as to what treatment I have.  I have no family history.

Your email was lovely to read and I look forward to hearing more about your journey.  I am so pleased your scans were clear.

Anyway, just going to clean the kitchen and then treat myself to a nice film!

Hi rocho,i was diagnosed jan this year.  I am 28,married and have a little girl who is nearly 2.  I like youre attitude!  And have pretty much been like you through it.  I am coming to the end of my chemo now which i am so relieved about!  You get good & bad days but a positive approach definitly helps.  Do you know your treatment plan? Xx

Hi Strebord
Welcome to the BCC forums, along with the support here our helpliners are on hand with practical and emotional support, lines are open weekdays 9-5 and Saturdays 10-2 on 0808 800 6000 so please feel free to call to talk things through

You may find the following link to the BCC ‘Younger women’ information and further support ideas helpful:

breastcancercare.org.uk/younger-women

Take care
Lucy BCC

Hi there guys. Strebord that’s exactly how I felt until I got my scan results. I’m sure you’ll be fine. EAM28 no I don’t yet but it’ll be chemo and radio after surgery. Did you manage to stay positive during chemo too?

I did get a bit down at certain times in each cycle (noticed a pattern) as i kept a bit of a chemo diary but i know it wasnt really me - its all the drugs,steroids,plus im on a zoladex injection that makes my body have false menopausal symptoms. But definitely more ‘up’ than ‘down’ weeks xxx

Hello I’m also 37 and live with my husband and our 2 children but in Suffolk. I was diagnosed last week, (although there’s still no definites as they’re looking at cross contamination, although seem sure it isn’t). I have good and bad times,  probably because I still don’t have definites. Just feel a bit lonely as don’t know anyone else who has been through this. I have great family and friends, but I need to speak to people who ‘get it’ and understand all the feelings you get. X

Hi jk, I haven’t been in hear for a while, just wondered how you are getting on and what you have found out since last post?

Hi I had stage 2 in my left breast in may I was in bits when they told me never really took it in the waiting for treatment is the worst and tests ,I had all clear and go for radiation treatment next month ihave been put on anti depression tabs I keep crying iam 66and love swimming and dancing so hope to get back to normal strated a new hormone tab too so hope to get on with it ok the best thing that has happened to me I have lost 1stone which I needed back to 9stone hus to every one