Newly diagnosed it has spread to my liver

Hello I was diagnosed 20 dec and after loads of tests was told today it had spread to my liver. It is invasive lobular type ER7 grade 2. It is very big now but I did not realize it was a problem I had a lump and had that checked out and it was clear. The thickening was the problem and now it has already spread! Lymph nodes appear to be clear so it has spread via my blood circulation. I know I will need chemo and at some point a mastectomy. Any thoughts on how best to survive this. I feel very well with no symptoms at all. So hard to get my head around having stage 4 breast cancer.

Hi. I was dx with liver mets along with primary last February. It was frightening and I thought I was going die soon. However I have now been through an mx,docetaxol chemo with Herceptin and Pertuzumab and now have just the Herceptin, Pertuzumab and Tamoxifen. The chemo knocked the liver mets out and I feel well. My hair has come back quickly and thick. I keep fit by walking and doing yoga when I can, and I am back at work. I dont intend on going any where for a LONG TIME and there are many ladies with liver mets manage to stay NED for 5, 10 + years. Hopefully other ladies will be along soon with soon good advice.xx

Hi London1

Fristly welcome to the BCC forums, I am sorry to read of your recent diagnosis.  As well as the support you  receive here you might find helpful to go to the information page for a secondary diagnosis, it has information on the different support services available.  If you would like to have a look just use the link below:-

breastcancercare.org.uk/secondaries?utm_source=Homepage&%3Butm_medium=help_you&%3Butm_campaign=secondaries

Also you might find it helpful to talk things through with a member of staff on the helpline.  Here you can share your feelings and concerns with someone who will offer you emotional support as well as practical information. The number to call is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9 to 5pm and Saturday 10 to 2pm

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator 

Thanks for encouraging words. Any thoughts on how best to deal with chemo? Have not met with the oncologist yet so may have a few weeks before it starts.