Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newly diagnosed triple negative

14 REPLIES 14
Butterfly318

Re: Newly diagnosed triple negative

Flowergirl

i have posted a reply to you in Nodes Positive thread..

Take Care  Gilly xx

Flowergirl12

Thank you Tisha
My husband and all my friends and family have been great, although he was a bit angry with me today for being negative but understood. It was my daughters wedding on the 26th May and I went all out that day to make it memorable. I only told her and my other daughter at the beginning of May as I hadnt wanted it to put a dampener on her day, but trying to keep it secret was too much for everyone and she was fine and relieved she knew.
Im disappointed that I need the other op, and had been gearing up to start chemo, which the thought of does scare me. But as you say, little steps. I hope all is ok with you and it is good to get positive feedback. Thank you for being there and the same applies. And yes, Im trying to stay off the Internet! x
Tisha1972

Good morning Flowergirl12,

Keep your head up! I was diagnosed on April 9 with TN IDC and I can tell u my world was collapsing around me. I started chemo last week and too be honest it's not as bad as I made it up in my head. It's no walk in the park but it is do-able! Baby steps! Stay off of the internet because those people are not your story! Everything on the internet will scare you!! Try to stay as active as your body will allow and don't let it swallow you up. You can and will get through this....it's just a speed bump....that's all! A positive attitude works wonders! You will go through a lot over the next 8 months but you'll get through it...get a positive support system and fake it until you make it! I'm here for you if you need me... We all are! I will pray for strength for you are your family!
Flowergirl12

Hello
I was diagnosed stage 2 grade3 IDC 10th April. I had lumpectomy and AND ( 2 out of 23 nodes involved) was so euphoric at hearing only 2 when I got my results pretty much blotted out everything else. I need another op as right on edge of margin small amount of DCIS found. But its only just registered im TN and I have completely fallen apart today, these past 7 weeks have worn me out Im like I cant do this anymore and this is before chemo. It is uplifting to hear good news and know you are not the only one going through this. I just feel like its just one lot of bad news after another, although my cancer team werent concerned at all by the TN result. x
Christina0

Hi Trisha

Oh, that brought a lump to my throat that you want to model yourself on me. 

I am a very stubborn person, and I was determined not to let the 'c' word take over.  I have 4 dogs and 3 miniature Shetland ponies, and I tended them all almost every day.  Sometimes on Docetaxel, I didnt have the strength to carry heavy loads for the ponies (hay and water etc), but my friends rallied round and helped out, but I warned them all just to treat me as normal, if I couldnt manage something, I would ask for help, otherwise, just let me carry on.

I am so stubborn, I decided from day one - I WILL BEAT THIS! And here we are today - I am sitting in work and enjoying life 🙂

Dont know about you, but I sure do have a totally different outlook on life now after the 'c' word.  I used to be a terrible worrier - see now - I dont care a jot!  It's amazing being able to go through life and not worry about everything or anything!! Blooming took me long enough, I'll be 55 this year!    I'm doing great and feel the best since April last year. 

I am just finishing off buying new clothes for me and my rock Ian to go on holiday for 2 weeks all inclusive in the Domican Republic with our friends Tony & Loretta.  This will be a very special holiday this year.

Then in November, I am heading to Texas to see my son Billy and his wife NIcole and my 3 year old grandson and my new grandaughter when she arrives late September.  I cannot wait to see them all again.

you keep your chin up Trisha - I know you have the strength inside to beat this, you have all our love and support.  Good luck hun xxxx

Mimselina

Good luck with your chemo tomorrow.

I have also recently been diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer, I have on 5 cm tumour with spreading to the lymph nodes. I had my first FEC yesterday (I am having neoadjuvant chemo). So far the side effects haven't been to bad. Some nausea but they have given me a lot of tablets for that so mainly I have just been very tired and my head seems to be working in slow motion.

Tisha1972

Ruthie,

I completely understand, if I was given they option I would opt for chemo also. I want to give myself the best chance of not being in this position again. I am getting my port installed on May 15 and starting chemo on the May 18. Did you have a port installed and if so was it painful? We are starting our treatment about the same time and we can help each other get through this. Good luck on Saturday!

Tisha XOXO
RuthieG

Hi, I had a 20mm DCIS removed in January and within the Breast tissue that was removed they found 4mm of grade 3 invasive cancer which is also triple negative. The surgeon and the nurse said it was "nothing to worry about because it was so small", but like you I looked it up on the Internet and was quite shocked with what I read. When I spoke to the Oncologist to discuss radiotherapy he also gave me the option of having chemo. It was a no brainier to me, so I am having my first lot of FEC on Saturday.
Tisha1972

Good morning Christine,

Thank you for the encouragement. It has been a rolling coaster to say the very least but right now I'm in a good head space. I am to begin treatment on May 18 and like you said everyone is different but I want to model myself after you. 😉 I like that term "fighting fit"...I am a very positive person and hopeful I can maintain that over the next 16 weeks but I will do my best. Like yours, my family is extremely supportive and I believe I will get through this with their help. Once again thank you for reaching out. I really needed the encouragement!
Christina0

Hi Trisha

I was diagnosed with grade 3 invasive ductal carcinoma, which was triple negative.  Diagnosis last April, commenced with FEC-T treatment in June, Mastectomy in August to remove a 7cm tumor, back for remainder of FEC-T, then 15 rounds of radiotherapy.

My treatment ended on 19th December 2014 - and today - I'm fighting fit, my hair has grown back, and my life is back to 'normal'.

Everyone's journey is different, and I was so positive througout because of my wonderful family and friends who gave me unending support.

Good luck hun, and I hope your journey is as easy as mines was.

Christina xxx

Tisha1972

Hello Judith,

I can't tell you how comforting it is to know that I am not alone. I try to keep a brave front with my family but inside I want to scream and bite the heads off of Barbie dolls. Lol. The waiting is a little crazy because nothing has begun for me. I am meeting with my onc on April 30 so I would guess something will happen soon after that. I am just really anxious to get my life back ( or as close to normal as possible) Hearing from you ladies IS my saving grace! So I welcome and really appreciate your support.
Judithvr6

Hi Tisha,

I'm sorry to hear that you are here.

My story..... 22 years ago I had bc with node spread. No tamoxifen so I couldn't have been ER+. The other tests didn't exist but I had surgery (now called WLE), node sample (now they find and take sentinal), Radiotherapy and 9 doses of chemo, 1 every 3 weeks..(I don't know what the drug/s were as no one told you anything years ago).

I think of myself as TN in todays speak as they didn't have any specific cause to medicate for.

I've been absolutly fine these last 22 years. Skin settled down after radio. Teeth took a bit of a bashing after chemo but I only lost 2.. maybe I would have lost them anyway. I didn't loose all hair during chemo though as I've very thick hair it did thin out (to nicely managable thickness 😉  ).

I'm back here having found a new primary through screening, totally unrelated in the other side. This time it is ER+ but no spread and not HER2 so I've no chemo but the joy of tamoxifen instead.

I know it's hard to do but don't panic. You will be in good hands.
All the best and no doubt see you around.

J

Tisha1972

Thank. I might do that! But the ladies sharing their encouraging stories and info has been most helpful. I am 42 and I have 2 children (16, 18) whom I have not told yet. If it wasn't for having to pretend to be fine with them all day I would be more of a basket case then I am now.
Jo_BCC

Hi Tisha

Welcome to the BCC discussion forums, you've come to the right place for some good, honest support from the many informed users of this site, who I am sure will be along soon to help.

In the meantime could I suggest you give our helpline team a call and talk through with them your worries and concerns, they're here to support you through this.  Calls are free 0808 800 6000 lines are open now until 5pm today (weekdays) and 10-2 Saturdays.

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

Tisha1972

Newly diagnosed triple negative

Good morning Ladies,

I was diagnosed TN about a week ago and my head is in a tailspin. I have already seen the surgeon who directed me to see my onc to get my treatment plan and have an MRI on both breast. As it stands from what the surgeon says I'm about a 1A and the mass is about 1 cm. I am so completely terrified! I have done my best to stay away from the internet pertaining to TN because the gloomy info out there is breaking my heart. I just wanted to reach out to some ladies who understand where I am and can help encourage me with their courageous stories. Thank you for lessoning and I think this forum may be the bright spot of my day.