1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newly diagnosed

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Newly diagnosed

I was diagnosed aged 48...two years ago. I had a mastectomy with immediate reconstruction. Two years hormone therapy and have 10 years on tamoxifen. You will get through it....it's hard but just keep going xx

Thank you. I am slowly surrendering myself to the process. It’s not easy is it? I’m usually busy and reliable with a job and volunteering commitments. Now I have to focus on getting better

Anne, sending hugs. It really is hard in the beginning but it does get easier to cope with.  I am almost a year since diagnosis and feeling great.  Let go of control and embrace help and support of others who can lessen your load.  Here's my story: http://lifeafterlola.blogspot.co.uk/

I got through the harshest treatment regime and here I am!  You can do this too, oh yes you can. Xxx

You are so right. Thank you. I’ve already found that I am able to enjoy things and focus on the moment. I hope others find that too

I can empathise with the feeling of guilt, I felt it so much in the early days having to tell my children and especially my dad who had lost my mum to breast cancer years before but none of this is our fault and we really shouldn't feel guilty! Your family I'm sure will rally around you and help you through just as you would for them in return, life isn't always rosy and we get through the tough times the best we can 😊 Xx 

Thank you for these posts. So positive and helpful. Yesterday was a difficult day as I told my elderly parents that I am ill. They were very brave but very upset indeed. My sister is being really good but I feel guilty to be disrupting everyone's lives like this. 

Hi Anne, oh you so will get through this my lovely! I know it feels like you've fallen in to another world at the minute , 3 years ago this very week I was right there myself and couldn't see how anything could ever be right with my world again! I fell apart completely but with the wonderful NHS, my amazing family and friends and without a doubt the incredible women here on the forum by my side I got through and got my life back on track  😊

So many wonderful things have happened since those dark days , top of the list is the arrival of my first grandchild who brings us so much joy and is extra precious if that's possible because I'm so very thankful to Be here to enjoy her ❤️ The point to my ramble is to hopefully help you see that the good times will return and they will be better than ever before Xx Jo 

Anne

Oh I remember that feeling of free fall, sitting there at work and suddenly not knowing what on earth i was doing or what to do, when it had always been second nature to me.  Forgetting things an reasons for doing something.  It will pass I promise just give yourself time my dear

Sending you hugs

Helena xxx

So good to hear that you have your life back. It feels as if mine's in free fall at the moment. I am used to being very orderly and reliable. I'm certainly not at the moment!

Thank you. It's so helpful to read about people coping with all this.

Anne

As ann says there are many of us on here who have gone through treatment and are the other side of it with life having gone back to normal.  I am 18 months post diagnosis, having finished treatment in January last year and I am doing everything I used to do before I was diagnosed.

Come on here as and when you want to and you will get loads of support from the wonderful ladies on here.

Sending you hugs

Helena xxx

Honestly Anne, the vast majority of us do get through it. There are many out there who had a similar diagnosis to you & are now getting on with life. 

Do look at this thread  HERE 

It does get better.

ann x

Newly diagnosed

Dear All i am newly diagnosed and looking for encouagement. Could anyone tell me that I'll get through this? Anne - aged 52