Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newly diagnosed

19 REPLIES 19
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Newly diagnosed

Thank you ladies, I am so glad I joined this site. Everyone is so helpful and supportive. Haven't been able to think of anything else today except op tomorrow. Have kept busy and now that I am totally scrubbed and devoid of any nail varnish I feel ready to face the surgeon!!! And that is thanks to all for their support. Penny, the sausage rolls, I stole the pic from some site, just thought it was cute. Have lots of rude ones too. Twizzle, I hope your surgeon has moved to my hospital but I already have inverted nipple thanks to mastitis and abcesses 26 years ago (thanks son) and Samjs you give me hope. hope I feel as positive in the morning. thanks again girls x x x
poemsgalore

Thinking of all of you and hope your surgery goes well if you are due to have it soon. Also hope for a speedy recovery for all of you whether you have already had surgery, or still waiting. It is a difficult time, but afterwards, when you get your treatment plan and find out what it involves, things will become easier to deal with. Good luck and big hugs.

Poemsgalore xx
Twizzle3

I had my lumpectomy on the 30/4 where they removed 4 nodes which were tested whilst I was still on the table. When I woke up they were able to tell me that they were all clear (huge relief). Surgeon moved around breast tissue so no dent although nipple a little inverted, but nothing to worry about. Good luck with your op on Tuesday xx
samjs

Good luck with your op on Tuesday. I had mine last Wednesday and doing really well. Despite being sore I have almost full movement, just not lifting heavy things.it is a surreal experience even though I have had my op I still can't quite believe I have had it. Emotions still all over the place, went to watch my sister in law and friends do the race for life yesterday and I was so tearful.
Anyway good luck tomorrow, we will be thinking of you
Sam xx
Penny47

Becky yes good luck for your op. when you come round would you mind explaining how you put eyes onto your sausage rolls? I've been intrigued with your cool profile picture thanks.
Melena

Good luck with your op Rebecca, I am like you I was stunned when I found out I had breast cancer. It took me nearly a week to get over the shock. I am coming to terms better with it now. I have my op on Thurs 13th June. I have the left breast taken off. I am not looking forward to the op but after reading what the other ladies have said on here I feel a bit better about it. Take care. Melena
Morwenna

Good luck for Tuesday Becky. What you are looking for is "clear margins" and "negative nodes"!!!

Fingers crossed! (You might have two wait a week or two to get your results .... waiting is the toughest part of all this!!) 😞
Guest user
Not applicable

thanks, I am in for op on tuesday. wish me luck
Guest user
Not applicable

thanks, I am in for op on tuesday. wish me luck
Suffolklady

Hi Rebecca
I'm 3 weeks post op - had WLE and ANC and although I seem to be still struggling a little with some pain/mobility issues, generally feeling ok and went back to work last week. I knew I had lymph node involvement so that's why they did the clearance but I suspect in your case (and I'm definitely not a doctor!) they will do a test when they operate to determine if there's any spread. The waiting seems endless at this stage and I would encourage you to come onto this site to talk about any worries you have, or just to let off steam - I certainly do!! Do ask any questions if you'd like to.. take care. Cress xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi, have had no broadband connection for a week but back now. Hosp appt floored me! Went armed and ready with loads of questions. Dr said MRI scan showed nothing else and that now they have decided to do a lumpectomy. will be left with a scar and a dent but that's fine with me. Dr said it depends on what they find/discover when they operate but what will be will be. Waiting for the appt for surgery now.....................
how are you getting along?
Rebecca
MarthasSOS

You too Becky - Keep me updated xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks I will do and good luck for the 22nd
Becky x
MarthasSOS

Hi Rebecca

I visited my doc towards the end of March and then 1 week later I had a mammogram. I then saw my oncologist on 4th April (1 week after the mammogram). He then did a core biopsy. I received the results of that on 11th April and had bloods taken and a chest x-ray.

I then went back on the 19th April for those results and an ultra sound. I was then booked in for my lumpectomy and sentinel node biopsy which took place 2 weeks later on the 3rd May. It took a further 2 weeks until I received my very final results from the path report - I got these results on 15th May.

I am borderline for chemo so have an appointment to see the chemo nurse on 22nd May - I have already decided to take chemo, so I'm seeing this more of a formal Q&A session and to get booked in.

If you click on my username (MarthasSOS), you will be able to see my profile and all my dx info.

Good luck
Martha xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

am only an A cup so it has to come off I know that now.
So your op was pretty quick after being diagnosed.
MarthasSOS

Hi Rebecca

I am sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis. I too had an invasive Grade 3 which they said was around 3cm.

As I am a D Cup, I was offered a lumpectomy with a sentinel node biopsy. That was a little over 2 weeks ago. The lump was removed with clear margins and no node involvement. The lump also turned out to be 2.5cm.

There are lots of amazing ladies on here who have had a mastectomy and who are doing great. Perhaps putting in a call to your BCN may help you.

Good luck with your decision,
Martha xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Have been told I have to have mastectomy but
owing to the shock of being told I had cancer I refused
so they sent me for an MRI scan and now have to wait til
Thursday to be told the same thing which I now have sort of come to
accept
wintersocks

Rebecca Ruth,

I too have invastive ductal (dx March2012). Understand your fear completely. What would you like to know? A whole bunch of women on here so usually you can find answers to any questions you may have.
Nothing is too silly or irrelevant so ask away. We will help.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello and welcome to the Breast Cancer Care Discussion Forums. While you're waiting for replies from other users I thought it might be helpful to post a link to information on the main BCC site aimed at people who are newly diagnosed:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/diagnosis?utm_source=Homepage&%3Butm_medium=help_you&%3Butm_campa...

Please do give the BCC Helpline a call if it would help to talk to someone in confidence. Lines reopen tomorrow morning at 9am Tel. 0808 800 6000 (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm and Sat 10am-2pm).

With best wishes,

Anna, BCC Moderator

Guest user
Not applicable

Newly diagnosed

Hi,
diagnosed last week with invasive ductal cancer.
Feeling very scared and emotional at the moment so any help or advice wuld be much appreciated.