Newly diagnosed

Hello. Ive recently been diagnosed with breast cancer. It hardly seems real typing that word. I’ve had successful lumpectomy with clear margins and no spread to lymph node. That’s the good news. Less good, however, is that the cancer is grade 3 and moderately PR positive so I’ve been offered Fec chemotherapy, Zoledronic acid and Letrozole. I was given this information on Friday and have been reading through the booklet and leaflets today. I’m absolutely terrified, there seems so much to go wrong and am struggling to be positive today.

Janie

Hello and a warm welcome to the forum, I know it is not somewhere where would choose to be but one thing is for sure you will get loads of help and support from the wonderful ladies on here.

It is hard to focus on the positives at the moment, but it is really good news that your cancer has now been removed, there is no spread and the next stage of your treatment is designed to give you the best chance of it not recurring.

There is a section on here headed Going through treatment, which has a monthly chemotherapy thread, so it might be worth it you posting on there as there will be lots of ladies who have already been through what you have and completed their treatment, also ladies who are about to embark on this part of their treatment, they will all be able to support you

Sending you loads of hugs

Helena xxx

Thank you Helena. I will. Sending hugs back. Jane xxx

Hi Janie, welcome to our lovely forum and I’m glad you found us here.  It’s a very bumpy ride which we struggle to get our heads around at times but it gets easier.  I’m almost a year since diagnosis now and have finished active treatment.  Here’s my story which I hope you find comforting: lifeafterlola.blogspot.co.uk/

sending hugs. Xxx