Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newly diagnosed

4 REPLIES 4
Shelleyb

Re: Newly diagnosed

Hi Lyn,

I'm 37. 3 kids (2,8,9) diagnosed 15.2-08 and Masectomy + Recon. on 8-3.8

I have just had results from my CT Scan and they are clear. You cannot even begin to imagine that you would be this happy - knowing you have BC, op. Recon and treatments for 6-9 months but this one piece of fantastic news is enough to brighten you and everyone in your family's day.

You will get days like that even though at the moment it is all doom & gloom. I have almost accepted everything else with open arms now that I know I have a clear CT Scan!

My 9 and 8 or old are over the moon and have gone to bed singing so I would advise you to be brave, tell everyone who means something to you and remember that their joy on hearing any good news is incredibly heart-warming.

Be brave!

Shelley x

vercors

Lyn,
I have been diagnosed mid January and since had a mastectomy and my first appointment with the oncologist.
Telling my children and my family has been extremely difficult indeed, but they have been so supportive ever since. I am getting daily emails and text of support, just little things which makes me weep and also makes me feel warm. It is an incredible feeling. We are all in for a long and difficult road ahead. I have found this site extremely useful, full of tips and incredible women who are all there to encourage one another during those tough times. While most friends and families around us sympathise but cannot understand what we are going through, it is refreshing to "talk" and "listen" to other women who know exactly what we are going through.
You will find lots of practical advice on this site which cannot be found in the literature that you will be given by the hospital. Make use of the search facility it can bring you excellent results.
I wish you all the best, keep positive ( I have to keep telling myself that...)

Sophie

Jo_BCC

Hi Lynn

Welcome to the Breast Cancer Care forums where I am sure you will receive valuable support, information and advice from the many informed users of this site.

Breast Cancer Care have written a 'Resources Pack' for anyone newly diagnosed with breast cancer which you may find helpful to read, it is filled with information to help you better understand your diagnosis, test results and the various treatments available. You can order a free copy from the following link or you can ask for a copy to be sent to you via the helpline.

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk//content.php?page_id=7514

There is information in the pack about our other support services, including our helpline, tel no 0808 800 6000 which you may find useful to use at some point if you need to talk anything through or just need someone to lend an understanding ear.

Kind regards,
Jo, Facilitator

sukes

Dear lynn,

I'm so sorry to hear you have had to join the site buy i can assure you will get the support from other ladies from this site.

it is a very difficult time for both you family and friends but you must remember to keep you spirits up and hold onto strength and positivity.

I too found the hardest bit was accepting what was happening but we have no choice but to deal with it and as i'm sure you'll know its better dealt with than not.

I Hope i can be of support to you and my thoughts are with you. Be strong and take care.

huggs
Sukes

murdo

Newly diagnosed

Hi everyone, my names Lynn & had got my diagnosis yesterday. Waithing for the appointment for surgery and all the treatments that follow ! Still cant believe it some how, because I dont feel unwell or any different. It's only been a day & the hardest part has been telling Family especially my Children.
Hope to get lot's of advice from this forum.
Hope all are as well as can be expected.
Thanks
Lynn