Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newly diagnosed :-(

11 REPLIES 11
HayleyBayley

Re: Newly diagnosed :-(

Hi Sal,

Thanks for that, and all the best for 1st July. I think we might be at similar stages with our "friend" chemo 🙂 and yes, I just want to get started now......

Hi Again Fudgsee,

If it helps, I am getting stronger every day (a few wobbly moments but we are allowed those!). I hope you are doing lots of fun (and naughty) things in the run up to 30th...you know, manicure, pedicure, facial, bit of on-line shopping (hey sal, you should do these too!) Keep busy and lots of love
Hayley xx

mallysally

hello fudgese

i havent been here to long joined here may was dx on the 2nd of may... it hard when you first find out but you will get stronger ,,
you will get lots of surport on this site as i do ..the ladies are great..
and there is no harm in having a good cry now and then or when you wont to ...i do and then i feel a bit better...#

keep strong

sal

mallysally

Hi heyley you sound that you are well on your way to fight back ... glad you are feeling better..

im a bit scared when i start my chemo on the 1st of july but i keep thinking to my self that chemo is my freind this will help me on my way to recovery.

when you see your onc... that will help well it did with me as you feel as tho you are on your way and once that starts i think then you will feel incontrol again
take care sal

ForumMember

posted on behalf of Hayley
Kind regards
Lucy

Hi Fudgese,

I have only been on this site for 24 hours and the support is amazing..
I am 41 with 2 young kiddies and dx on 16th May with grade 3 breast cancer (v aggressive and oestrogen driven). Lump was 10cm long (s**t!) and unfortunately have it in all lymph glands. I had mastectomy and lymph glands removed 2 weeks ago and am doing really well so far. Feel really out of control of ME..Currently I am waiting for oncologist appt. and then for dates of first chemo. STILL..it hasn't gone anywhere else and I'm so ready to fight (most of the time) and wishing you all the very best for good news. You are not alone (I feel a song coming on :-)... I find my sense of humour keeps me grounded if that helps.

lots of good vibes
Hayley x

fudgese

Thanks X
Saw my consultant today, Booked in for the 30th June to either have a "Clear Margin" area done around the lump, lymph nodes removed to check and my implant taken out that I had done 10 years ago..:-( The other option was to have a Masectomy but the Consultant said he rather do the first and he seemed very positive. I'll have Radiotherapy in September and carry on with my Tamoxifin till the results come back from the hormone tests. Chemo would only be needed depending if my lymph nodes are clear... case of waiting but yes it is all so Sereal.

kayty

Hi fudgse

I was diag in feb 08 very similar to you

had surgery no lymph node involvement had RAD'S and on tamoxifen!!

It all seems a bit of a funny dream to me still !!!

This site is so supportive and there is always somebody there to help

Take Care
Kay x

toffee

Fudgese. So sorry to see that you have joined us but you are one of many and we have all been there.

I was diagnosed 6wks ago. Tumour small and no node involvement. Surgery completed and awaiting rads. Started tamx this week.

I know how scary it is and so difficult to understand that it has happened to you!

Keep talking to us as there is always someone out there who will reply and share your anxiety.

Jo

naunamh

Fudgese . I am sorry that you need to join this site but glad that you have found it. it's all such a terrible shock and so hard to get your head round everything. I am especially sorry that on top of this you need to delay your plans for another baby.
It is so daunting and scarey, I remember how I have felt and my family is grown up. What I want to say is that you will get through this,many other ladies will confirm the same. I wish you and your husband strength and hope throughout your treatment.
Margaret

mazaroo

Please dont despair you will get a great deal of help and support on here I have since my journey began last October xxxx
Maz xxx

Guinness

Hi Fudgese,

Welcome to the forum, I too have recently joined and cannot tell you what help and support I get from writing to people who know what I am going through. I am sorry the diagnosis was not as they first thought, but caught early is the best way. Only found my lump in March 08 and have since has a mastectomy and all lymph nodes removed. The nodes removal is not too terrible (had 3 removed 3 weeks after finding the lump). They found a microscopic trace and decided on the full removal. Was in hospital for 3 days but only because i am not very brave!! You need to remain positive and talk to us anytime. Reading through all the other topics is easier as it is real, most of the time i get bored and overloaded by the books and leaflets given.
Once again, welcome and look forward to chatting again.
Guinness xx

Jo_BCC

Hi Fudgese

Welcome to the Breast Cancer Care forums where I am sure you will receive valuable support, information and advice from the many informed users of this site.

Breast Cancer Care have written a 'Resources Pack' for anyone newly diagnosed with breast cancer which you may find helpful to read, it is filled with information to help you better understand your diagnosis, test results and the various treatments available. You can order a free copy from the following link or you can ask for a copy to be sent to you via the helpline.

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk//content.php?page_id=7514

There is information in the pack about our other support services, including our helpline, tel no 0808 800 6000 which you may find useful to use at some point if you need to talk anything through or just need someone to lend an understanding ear. Alternatively if you prefer you can use email:

Hope this helps.

Jo, Facilitator

fudgese

Newly diagnosed :-(

Just clicked onto this forum site, so glad i found it. Am so scared and all over the place. Just been diagnosed with Grade 2 ductal breast cancer. Was not expecting that. First noticed a very small hard lump near my nipple around 6 weeks ago, since then had a Mammogram, Ultrasound and a my lump removed under local. They all said it looks benign, well till I had my result back.
do wish they hadn't said that. She said its very small 5mm and caught early.
I've been put on Tamoxilin for up to 5 years and am in tomorrow to see the consultant/nurse to discuss removal of a couple of lymph nodes for testing... and any further treatment. We were trying for another baby so thats all blown away.
X