Newly diagnosed

Hi, I have just recently been diagnosed with BC, what type I don’t know. This is what I am worried about. I was shocked at first, then I went into denial and now I have hit the brick wall. I have so many amazing friends that have been so supportive and my partner has been a rock, but it’s the not knowing that is killing me.

Hi , This is all perfectly normal and you will feel like this . We all did at some point in the diagnosis feel total despair and often hysterical with worry but once you have your operation date and a treatment programme in place you will feel more in control again. Take each day very steady and be kind to yourself. I found keeping busy helped me as I was worse when I sat staring into space. I felt miserable and melancholy so I tidied drawers and cupboards, I sent stuff to charity shops and charity bags. I made lots of cakes and di more home made cooking than usual , anything to keep my braiin occupied. You will find what is right for you , but involve your friends and family as you will need them when your operation is over.
Sending you lots of love and big hugs Tracy xxx

Hi !

This is all normal…exactly how I and probably many of the other ladies on here reacted on getting the news…its the feeling of how can things just change in such a short time,its like everything has been turned upside down ? but you will get through this,you have no other choice but to…keep yourself busy as that does help and take each day as it comes , when you feel more up to it then you will feel able to start finding out more info on it, I think its the feeling of the unknown of it that is quite daunting,when I was first diagnosed I didnt really take it in for what it was…just told myself that I was having the lump removed then rads then that would be it,its only now I have got past that satge and now been told I also need chemo as it is advisable for someone of my age I am 36,as the consultants put it they have got it all via op but the rest of the treatment is like an added insurance to try to ensure I dont get it back,that I am asking more questions but there is still that element of me that wants to know a bit but not too much just to leave it in the speacilists hands and let them get on with it…you are going to have up and down days,I have had one myself today…thinking about the chemo the possible effects it may have , especially being that I dont have any children as of yet so yes mixed emotions today - my good old Mum took it all on board today by making me dinner and just being there to listen…as soon as I had that moment it was like I had to then snap out of it,tell myself this is what the situation is,I will get through it and there will be light at the end of it…you will be the same-just be kind to yourself by knowing you are going to have off days but feel strong in the thought that you arent on your own with it all , that there is support here if you need it ok and that you will get through this-big hugs to you xxxx

Shelley x

Thank you soo much for your reply, your right there are good days where I do feel better and positive about everything, and I keep reminding myself that medicine has moved on so much. I have now had my date confirmed as the 14th Dec, and really looking forward to it, but also scared, and then the waiting around again of not knowing.
I went and brought my Christmas Tree yesterday that really cheered me up, I so love Christmas with my family and I really want to make this one a good one and to forget about having BC.
Thank you Shelley for your kind and honest words of advise. What stage are you at?
Big hugs to you xxxxxxxxxx

Hi Tracy
Thank you for good honest advised, I have been keeping my self busy by continuing at work full time, but the time has come where I know I just can’t do it anymore, and have stated that I will cut my hours down, and with the time to spend on myself by relaxing down the gym, walking and talking to my friends and family. Christmas is coming up and I am so looking forward to it, brought the tree just got to the dec’s, me and my 2 boys love it!
I have my date through for my Op on the 14th Dec, mixed feelings on that one, but its one less thing to worry about.
Thank you again for your reply big hugs returning back at ya xxxxxxxx