Newly diagnosed

Life at times can be really cruel, and that is being polite!
I found a very small lump in June, 2 days after my mother passed away. After tests, I was given the news that I have Invasive Ductal BC, and that the cancer is also in the lymph nodes. The cancer is primary. Underwent a lumpectomy and axillary node clearance, 11 days ago. The cancer is Grade 3, Stage 2, ER+ and PR +. Have to have chemo, radio and hormonal therapy, and I see the oncologist on the 2nd.
I am still trying to take it all in, because I had just about got my life back on track. Was diagnosed with primary Endometrial cancer in Sept 2012, underwent surgery in Oct 2012, and was very fortunate not to need further treatment. November 2012, my sister died suddenly from secondary breast cancer. That screwed my head up, and it has taken me months to sort myself out.
So now my head is well on it’s way to being screwed up again.
I am glad to see there is a lesbian forum. I could not find one for the other cancer, or any other support for lesbians with cancer.

Hi Lucy

Welcome to the BCC discussion forums where I am sure you will get lots of good honest support from the many informed users of this site who have a wealth of knowledge and experience between them.

While you are waiting for replies could I suggest that you give our helpline team here a ring and have a chat with them about what you’re going through, they’re here to support you. Calls are free 0808 800 6000 lines open at 9am this morning, Mon-Fri 9-5 and Sat 10-2.

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

Hello Lucy. Glad you found us. What a terrible few years you’ve had. Life just backs its dumper truck right up to our back gate sometimes, doesn’t it? I’ve had a similarly horrible couple of years (for different reasons) and feel like I’m in a cosmic game of whackamole. As for breast cancer, I am a couple of months ahead of you on the treatments. Had a grade 3 ER+ lump removed in mid May, & there were lymph nodes involved, so after chemo (FEC-T for me, the name raised a grim smile) I will have the remaining lymph nodes removed. Then a month of rads. For me one of the worst stages so far was the point you are at now - the waiting game while I got my liver & bone scans, and before I saw the oncologist, knowing I was going into chemo, which of course I’d hoped to avoid.

Very best wishes. Gus x

Hi Lucy58 sorry you have had to join us here, and also the fact you have had such a Torrid time in the last few years,and now having to deal with this situation. I don’t know whether you feel it might be helpful to join our Amazing August thread, as all of us are due to or possible due to start chemo in August, the support is great on there and we will see each other through. I am seeing my Oncologist on 1st and there are a few of us in this situation during this next week. If there is anything I can do to help,support etc please let me know. take Care x

OMG Lucy, so so sorry, what friking time your having, you are so strong and will fight this sooooo well. these other situations will try you for sure. But we hae to have faith in our treatment to ensure WE CAN! AND WILL BATTLE on I do feel I need to ask what age you / your sister was. . Good luck. Keep focused.