Newly diagnosed

Hi everyone,
I was told yesterday, that I have breast cancer, after having a mammogram, ultrasound and biopsies.there are 2 lumps in my right breast. I have pain in my ribs where the cancer is. Has anyone experienced this? As I am convinced its spread to my back. Back with consultant on Tuesday who will then confirm what stage of cancer I have. I have never been so scared, I can’t eat, sleep, or concentrate on meaningless tasks of everyday life.

I fount this forum late Thursday night, I’m not a lover of social networking, but reading other women’s experiences gave me comfort and strength to receive my news yesterday.
Please if anyone as experienced rib pain please let me know your experience.

Take care

Xxxxxxx

Hi CP

Welcome to the Breast Cancer Care discussion forums where I am sure you will get lots of good, honest support from the many informed users of this site who I hope will be along soon.

If there is anything you need to ask don’t  be afraid to ask as there’s always someone with some knowledge or personal experience.  Also, our helpline team are just a free phone call away to support you through this.  Unfortunately the helpline is now closed until Monday morning at 9am, but should you feel you need to speak to someone on Monday then please don’t hesitate to give them aq call.  Calls are free 0808 800 6000

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

Dear CP

I am so sorry to hear of your diagnosis. First of all, the stage of your cancer won’t be known until after your surgery, maybe you mean the grade. As for the pain in your ribs, it could possibly be a condition called costochondritis. It can become so painful that you feel as though you are having a heart attack.

To spread into your spine, the cancer would have to have traveled there through your lymph nodes. If they didn’t find any suspicious lymph nodes while you were having your US and biopsy, they could possibly be clear. However, once you go for your next appointment, you could ask your consultant questions like this. So, I am sending you hugs and best wishes for Tuesday.

poemsgalore xx

Hello CP,

I am very sorry you found yourself on here - but like you say, the comments and posts from other ladies are very comforting. I was diagnosed yesterday so can say that I know exactly how you feel! Like you, I am feeling an aching - but not in my ribs - mine is in my arm. To be truthful, I’ve had it for some time, so have convinced myself it’s spread to there already. I mentioned this at my appointment yesterday, so the doctor has ordered a CT and MRI scan to check it out. I think because of the size of my tumour, they think it’s been there for a while. I’m trying - not that it’s working at the moment - but trying not to think about that until I’ve had the scans!

I hope you find some answers on here and definitely people who know what you’re going through.

Love and hugs x x

Hi Claire, we just got back from West Country n hardly had no signal! Tried sending u message but just wouldn’t have it! Hope your hols was good? Xx