Newly diagnosed

Hi everyone, my name is Maria and I was diagnosed with lobular breast cancer last week.  I saw my surgeon yesterday about the plan ahead and will be going for a MRI next Wednesday (8th October).

It is fair to say that I’m scared and worried about what lies ahead.  I have read all the information given to me by the breast clinic and this had the wierd effect of reassuring and frightening me at the same time! 

I know it’s early days for me but I felt that if I could chat to others going through breast cancer the shared advice and support will help me and hopefully I will be able to help too.

I am hoping to keep in touch on this forum but for now I would like to wish everyone out there many hugs 

Hi Maria and welcome to the BCC forums

Along with the support you will find here our helpliners are on hand with practical and emotional support for you so please feel free to call and talk your concerns over. Lines are open weekdays 9-5 and Saturdays 10-2 on 0808 800 6000

Here’s a link to the BCC information about lobular breast cancer along with further support ideas :

breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-information/about-breast-cancer/primary-breast-cancer/types%C2%A0of%C2%A0primary%C2%A0breast%C2%A0cancer/invasive-lobular-breast-cance

Take care
Lucy BCC