Next time I post

Hi my lovelies,

Well, it’s nearly here, mastectomy on Friday, so next time I post it will be under undergoing treatment for breast cancer. Can’t wait for Friday to get the ball rolling, managed to polish off nigh on a bottle of wine last night and still woke up at 1.00 am.

I’m all packed, nightie, book, slippers, dressing gown etc., All I got to do now is clean all the aviaries and weigh the birds, make sure all their needs are catered for and that they are kept nice and fat and it’s all systems go.

xxx

Dear Annie Marie

Funny how the adrenaline kicks in and you can get yourself so organised and focused. Although it seems impossible when you are first told “you have breast cancer” somehow we then go from stage to stage, and day to day, and one way or another we get through the treatment and hold everything together (most of the time, anyway)! Hope you have some lovely people around you to share that wine with, and to spoil you a bit. Good luck for Friday, as you so rightly say, the waiting is one of the worst parts. You will find lots of support here from people who have been through all this and are at various stages ahead of you, please let us know how you get on, we’ll be thinking of you. Just how many birds do you have?? Best of luck. Sarah xx

good luck for Friday Annemarie I was just the same would have run to theatre, glugged a bucketful of chemotherapy just wanted to get started. love Eileen

Thanks Eileen & Sarah,

I have 7 birds, Sarah, 3 eagles, 1 hawk, 2 owls and 1 falcon. The owls are off to school today for a pellet disection lesson with the Science Class.

xxx

Wow Annie Marie, that is amazing. You obviously have some fascinating tales to tell! Not sure whether you will read this before you go for your surgery, or when you get back. But I will be thinking of you and hope that you get lots of support and TLC and that everything goes as well as possible. Do write again when you are home. Very best of luck and a big hug. Sarah xx

All our thoughts are with you, hope your hospital stay is peaceful and surgery successful. Hope to hear from you soon!