cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nighshirts v pyjamas

8 REPLIES 8
jillybee

Re: Nightshirts v pajamas

I looked at the nighties,on the BHS site but were too warm for when I go in (DIEP,in July) but jim jams may be the answer towards end of stay, and nightie at the beginning, though hospital gowns serve the purpose initially!!When I get home looking at wearing something floaty and pretty!!

hijaqs

Re: Nighshirts v pyjamas

Hi helvellyn,

Hope your recovery is going well.  Jackie. Xx

helvellyn

Hi

I recently had mastectomy and diep reconstruction.  I bought pyjamas with button through tops but actually the doctors and nurses just lifted up my top to look.  And i had drains and a catheter so i couldn't wear pyjama bottoms.  and it was so hot in there.  I actually wore the hospital gown for a couple of days because I couldn't do anythig else other than lie in my bed.  Good luck. x

momo01

:Just remeber girls that if you have drains in your stomach would it could be awkward with a nightie especially carrying them around in drain bags. PJs worked well with me and they can be placed above your wound so very comfy.

Take Care

M

lilymole

Hi,
You don't want to be too hot in hospital. I found some short sleeve M&S nighties with front opening comfortable and suitable for the hospital staff to get to me to inspect flap. I didn't want anything around my waist because of the tummy dressings.
It is quite a palava getting yourself 'equipped' for your hospital stay but you need to feel sorted as there is enough other things to worry about. Good luck. You will be surprised how time flies by and you do get through it all.
jillybee

Wow, thanks, just come from hospital, for DIEP  consultation, they are going ahead, have  enough tummy apparently...:) will order a couple of nighties... Cheers for info

hearty

My best purchase before my mastectomy was a pair of Cyberjammies....soft,cool and very easy to get in and out of. You can buy them online but I got mine in a House of Fraser sale.

The other thing that was WONDERFUL was on of those sausage shaped, polysteirene bead filled travel pillows. It was SO valuable under my surgery arm to keep it supported.

Hope this is helpful!

loulou1262

Hiya

Thanks for this, going to order the pink leopard print onsie as well !!!! X

hijaqs

Nighshirts v pyjamas

Hi,

I have been on a mission to find nighties/pjs for imminent op for mast with diep recon. From what i've read on this forum a button thru nightshirt would seem like a good choice. In case you are interested, BHS currently have some nice cotton checked ones in the sale at £15. Type in promotional code VCBONUS25 for 25% off, to bring the price down to £11.25. Delivery is free for orders over £10.  This promo is only valid until 2nd Feb. Just thought i'd share this as altho I feel it's important to feel 'suitably attired' I don't want to spend a fortune - i'd rather treat myself to nice things later on, and am sure i'm not alone in my thinking. Jackie xx