Night sweats and acupuncture

Have been on Tamox for just over a week and the night sweats have been awful.They were bad with the chemo but now they are sometimes unbearable.
I have had 3 lots of acupuncture in the last week and I do feel that the sweats aren’t so frequent. They are still as strong but I’m hoping with a few more treatments, they will get better.
Oh to have a good nights sleep!

I really sympathise with you - try sleeping on a towel.

I had my third acupuncture session yesterday. I think the hot flushes aren’t as bad as they were, but I’m still having a lot of them.

Hi RoadRunner

It’s interesting to hear that you think the flushes aren’t so bad - I feel they are just as bad but not so many. I also had two energy points used but had to stop them as they made me more exhausted. All I wanted to do after the treatment and the next day, was sleep! Mind you, that could have been because I can’t sleep normally.

olivia07 - Good idea about the towel. Will try that tonight.

Greanpea,

Have you tried a chillow? It can help to keep you cool at night.

I have found I haven’t needed my chillow after the first and third acupuncture sessions, but I did after the second one, where she used different acupuncture points.

Roadrunner
I haven’t tried a chillow as I was hoping that I wouldn’t have to - wishful thinking! Where do you buy them? On line I presume.
I didn’t really want to buy something that I wouldn’t need long term as money is a bit tight at the mo but saying that, if I need one, I need one.
Do you know what points she used on the first & third sessions?