Nipple + Lipo

I am having day surgery for a new nipple and lipo to reduce my recon as it is still 2 cup sizes too big even after 6 months, I have opted for a local rather than a general, has anoyone else had this and what is recovery, am hoping to be straight back to work.

Debbie

i had my nipple done under local it was ok, but i had my reduction under general and it was fine, I went home next day because of the drains …
hope everything goes well, its nice having a new nipple made me feel complete and the end of it all.

I had my uplift on good boob last Friday but decided against the nipple at the last minute, I have decided to have the tattooing done but not the nipple as chickened out because I didn’t want the surgeon to cut my diep recon!!! Not sure what made me do this but am happy with the uplift/reduction in the good boob, came home on Sunday very little pain not had to take any medication since Sunday morning. I had a general anaesthetic, bit woozy when I came around but soon back to normal pretty soon. Now sat at home bored out of brains cant wait to get back to work (never thought I hear my self say that)!!! I intend to go back after 2 weeks off.

Hope your op goes well Debbie will be thinking of you.

Chingford - I agree with you makes you feel complete and the end of a long road - take care

Clare (S)
xx

i know the feeling i nearly chickened out from having nipple done as i had an infection set in the reconstruction 2 months after having it done so i thought was i playing with fire, but all went well.
I know the feeling about being bored im not working myself at the moment looking but nothing is happening especially after filling in any job appli forms having to put medical history i dont hear form them again xx

Thanks for replies ladies, have just had hospital on the phone and surgery has been canx and will have to be rescheduled. Bit of a bummer as was really looking forward to them both being the same size, although I do have a cleavage so didn’t get upset like I did when they canx my recon, haven’t really thought too much re the nipple just went along with PS so I would only have to have the one further op. My reduction is just lippo to the recon so hoping recovery is quite quick as was hoping to have this work year sick free.(took 9 weeks off for my tram flap recon) also had no mention of drains, was just told day surgery.

Good luck with job hunting Chingford and Clare looks like you may be getting some good weather for your recovery.

Debbie x

hi everyone, espesh chingford, Im going for PS nipple appointment next week, to book in for nipple recon very soon.What was yours like post op, dressing, soreness etc. When did you feel ok again post op? 2,3,4, days? when does your tattoing start and how many sessions do you need? How does your breast look now in general?? Im back to work full time now, recon nov 2007, chemo jan - april 08. feeling much better now , do you??

thanks for any answer, take care

Julie xxxx

hi Julie
I had the nipple created in Oct last year, couldnt face have it done before then i justed wanted time to get over the recon 2 yrs previous. I found it ok i was awake when i was in the operating room and it took about an hr but as you are know theres no feeling in that boob anyway but they do inject just to make sure, i came straight home after a cup of tea, had about 8 stitches and had a dressing on it for about a week. The tattoo was done this Jan funny sensation does not hurt at all, ive only had 1 coat it does fade alot so be warned as when they do it it does look very dark but as i say that does fade. Feel ok still on tamx the zoadex had now finished but am trying to do something about my weight x