367365posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nipple Reconstruction - going flat!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Nipple Reconstruction - going flat!

My new nipple is a lot smaller than my original one so I hope it doesn't shrink much more. I have my tattoo tomorrow which is I am looking forward to. I just look forward to walking past the bathroom mirror looking as normal as it possible. Without my glasses on I can barely see my scars but I do notice the pale nipple.

Just to make you giggle a bit, I had to go for a chest x ray yesterday as have had a persistent cough for some weeks, which fortunately was fine it just showed a bit of shading where I had had a slight infection. I asked to see the x ray as wanted to know what the implant looked like, all very facinating. Then the male radiologist said, I am not sure what this is though pointing to a very neat round blob on the x ray. I had to tell him with an embaressed grin, that's my new nipple.

I don't know if it is possible to have lipo at our hospital abcde but we may get referred to East Grinstead if you are really disapointed with it.

Chat soon

Merlyn

I had mine done in December and when they took the bandages off it as fantastic, very good shape and exact miror image of good side, however it has shrunk quite a bit, I am having tattoo in May then surgeon is having me back in for some slight lipo to get a better shape (slightly fuller in the top) and will reuse some of this to inject more fat to get size back.

I wasn't particulalry that bothered for nipple at first but is really has made a difference to the appearance and when I have the tattoo I reckon it will really distract from the recon scars to give a central focus again. When I wear my vest pj tops it looks very realistic.

Debbie

I could live without them,I know this prob sounds strange,I dont have any but when its cold i still get the feeling that you are talking about.Its prob a bit late for me too think should I have it done or not as I go in in 3 weeks to have it done,so I will go ahead with it and if it doesnt work,so be it.

debbi, that's my dilemma too......although i have been told my surgeon makes wonderful nipples, I can live without one, and i worry that if I went ahead with reconstruction of a nipple I didn't like, then I'm stuck with it.The only problem i have is that when i'm cold, it's obvious that I only have one nipple, but then again, who would really notice that but me??

I am having this done on 12 feb,do you think its worth having it done?Dont know whether to just stay like this.

Nipple Reconstruction - going flat!

Hi

I had a nipple reconstruction on last July - 6months ago and have just finished the tattooing but my lovely new nipple seems to be going flat. If it continues flattenning out soon I won't have one!

Anyone else had this experience - is it possible to have it re done?

Any info appreciated.