73.3K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Node removal - any advice for the chaffing feeling?

3 REPLIES 3
elmers

Re: Node removal - any advice for the chaffing feeling?

Hi I am also new to the board

Try GERMOLENE , it has a local anaesthetic. I had a masectomy and lymph node removal on 6 Feb and am having the same problems as you describe. I seem to be a bit "sweaty" there too and have tried to keep it as dry as possible It started about 5 days ago and it took me a couple of days to find any relied but this REALLY helps. I don't put it o the scar but under the armpit - also wear the biggest baggiest T shirt with a wide armpit When I sit down and/or sleep I have my little cushion to keep the inside of my arm and that area seperate. I do so hope that helps

I have needed to have a couple of lots of "old blood fluids" drawn off over the past couple of weeks and that is still a problem also have a tightness that suddenly appeared yesterday across the bottom of my ribs on that side I know we get strange sensations but has anyone else had this?

MK15

Thanks for that. I will go to bed with my flannel tonight. This is a great forum. Thanks.
Chez666

hi MK, I had a similar issue, I put a dry flannel in the side of my bra and that helped for a couple of days, I also' womaned' up and started very gently, using e45,massaging the area and scar, before then I was not wanting to touch it. I still get a little of it now but I think its more nerve than actual chaffing but it's hard to tell what is now normal. Good luck, hope all, goes well for you. X x x😊
MK15

Node removal - any advice for the chaffing feeling?

Hi, I am new to the board and wonder if anyone has any advice for this.  since my op it feels like someone has taken a cheese grater to the top of my arm and the chaffing feeling (I know it isnt chaffing really) as my arms rub is driving me round the bend!  any advice on ways of relieving this.  thank you all