Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

North East Derbyshire/South sheffield area

19 REPLIES 19
ami

Re: North East Derbyshire/South sheffield area

Hi Purple42
It’s hard to take in diagnosis at first and it’s very frightening, but we are all here to share and support you and each other. It probably seems a long road ahead at the moment, but you’ll find amazing strength you didn’t know you had to get you through everything, given time. I’m sure among us we will have had some of the same treatment as you'll be having and can understand. I’ve had a mastectomy and lymph node clearance with chemo and rads plus Herceptin for a year and came through it all OK. I found it best if I dealt with one thing at a time as it came up, thinking, “Well, I’ve just got that bit over with anyway!” Private message me if you’d like to chat.
Big hug Ami xx

AnnieK68

Hi Purple42,

Sorry you've had to join us but we are a friendly bunch!

I had a WLE & SNB in July followed by a second WLE due to margins. I started chemo at the end Sept and have my last within the next couple of weeks (fingers crossed). Then its on to radiotherapy and tamoxifen. I'm 43 and live in Derby.

If you want a chat etc send me a pm!

Axx

Purple42

Hi I'm near derby to I'm newly diagnosed with bc would love to chat to others who have/are goin through the same as me xx

ami

Hi everyone
Thanks so much for your good luck wishes.
Got out of hospital yesterday afternoon. Feeling a bit brighter today and my arm not quite so painful. As they say - "keep taking the tablets" And I'm learning innovative ways to use one arm! As for my hair - it looks like a pigs nest! I'm a stranger to myself in the mirror!
Hope you are all well enough to enjoy tonights festivities and kick out the old year! My wishes to you all for a healthy and happy new one!
Hugs to all you lovely girls, Ami xx

kayh317

hi Ami

i was originally diagnosed 2 years ago. But then re-diagnosed this year. Had double mx in august but have had many problems since.Happy to chat it you want to.

K x

junieliz

Hi ami, sorry about your fall, good luck today, hope everything goes ok. love junieliz x

ami

Ahh! Thanks AnnieK68!! You must have been reading as I write. Have to say I'm not looking forward to it. I can't tell you how much these little things like you've just done means to me on this site!
Hugs Ami xx

AnnieK68

Good luck tomorrow Ami - will be thinking of you x

ami

AnnieK68
I’ll look at the September thread, thanks so much!

Hi kayh317
Thanks for your post. When did you begin and finish your treatment? I do hope you’re beginning to feel less confused & alone. I thought I had begun to try and live life normally again and now I go and do this! It’s really set me back.

Mummsy
Poor you having to take Tam for next 5 yrs

Junieliz
I had chemo & rads at Weston too!

Hi everyone
Sorry if I’m short on words for replies. Not easy with one hand!
I have to into hospital tomorrow for my wrist so I will post again soon.
Thanks for your support - it means a lot. When I’ve recovered a bit I hope I can be of help to someone.
Hugs Ami xx

kayh317

Ami,

sorry to hear about your fractures.

K x

kayh317

Hi
am in Chesterfield, not sure how far away you are but happy to have a chat.

K x

ami

Hi everyone
Thanks all of you for posting - it‘s lovely to hear from you. Hope you all had a great Christmas. As for me - taking out the dog Christmas morning I slipped on a slope on wet grass and ended up in A & E. I’ve fractured both bones in my wrist which had to be re-aligned and I went back Boxing day to be told I need a plate fitting. So that’s my Christmas! Not too easy with one hand to type but will post again soon.
Ami xx

AnnieK68

Hi Ami,

I'm from Derby too and there are a few girls on the September thread who are from your area (Chesterfield/Sheffield for treatment), feel free to pop in and say hello! We are either just finished or have a few chemo sessions left.

Again, I'm happy to chat/meet up too - Alex was a great help to me in my early surgery days, so I know what it's like to have buddies around you! (Hi Alex - hope the boys are excited about Christmas!)

Take care

Axx

mummysboob

hiya ami, im from derby,happy to chat/meet? im all done with active treatment, just the lovely tam for the next 5yrs! love alex xxx

ami

Hi all of you !!
I’m so glad you responded!! This site has been really great for me. But it’s so lovely to hear from those near to me on the map! I must say, you look really lovely, Chrissy. Phoenix woman , I would love to have a chat with you. What have you all gone through with BC?? On another link, I have connections from others - they have become my friends through what we‘ve been through, but hey, I thought, there should be some from my area, surely?
Have a lovely Christmas
Hugs Ami XX

junieliz

Hi ami, I am from Worksop and had chemo and rads at Western Park hospital Sheffield. Have a lovely Christmas love junieliz x

ami

Hi both of you !!
I’m so glad you responded!! This site has been really great for me. But it’s so lovely to hear from those near to me on the map! I must say, you look really lovely, Chrissy. Phoenix woman, I would love to have a chat with you. What have you both gone through with BC?? On another link, I have connections from others - they have become friends through what we‘ve been through, but hey, I thought, there should be some from my area, surely?
Have a lovely Christmas
Hugs Ami XX

Phoenix_Woman

Hi I'm from Nottingham/Derby border and if you want to contact me I'm here for a chat.

Phoenix woman x

chrissy16

Hi

Im from Nottingham, but would be happy to correspond now and again. chris x

ami

North East Derbyshire/South sheffield area

Hi everyone
Would anyone like to correspond?