Northants

Is anyone in Northants? I am near Wellingborough.

Sadly no, I’m in - no surprises - Suffolk! but I come up to Lincolnshire a fair bit to see my brother…

Well versed you have surprised me with that, I would never have guessed.

Xx

Bloody predicted text, versed should be cress! X

Hi I live in Northampton, I go to crazy hats in Wellingborougher, which is a breast cancer support group.
XXXX

I haven’t actually been there Carol Ann, can you just go in there?
Sam x

Yes Sam really good there as it has people that are all at different stages with there breast cancer. They make you so welcome, cup of tea and a cake as soon as you arrive,and they make you really welcome. Every Thursday 10am -12pm, also they do complementry therapies. I just rang them before I went as I needed directons, but you can just turn up I would highly recomended it. XXXXX
Carol .

Thanks Carol, May go down on Thursday as I am on half term.xx

I have not been for a few weeks so I am going to go this Thursday, so maybe I will see you there Sam.
Carol XXX

I live in Northampton too. I was diagnosed just over 3 years ago and had all my treatment at NGH. Just on Tamoxifen now:)

Tracy

Hi Tracy,
How are you finding the Tamoxifen?

Sam

Hi Sam

The Tamoxifen is ok. I get the usual hot flushes, random achey joints and insomnia but it’s bearable! I know some people really suffer on it but touch wood I have come off lightly I think.

How are you? Have you just started your journey?

There are a group of us that meet up now and again for a meal and a catch up. All in our thirties and forties who are at varying stages. Myself probably the oldest and furthest out of treatment:) If you are interested in joining us I can let you know when we have arranged the next one.

Tracy
x

I found my lump at the begginning of April after checking myself because my mum had been diagnosed with BC in March. I first went to the BC clinic on the 18th April not expecting to be told anything and was told there and then they thought it was cancer but I didn’t really believe them as they didn’t have the biopsy result! Any way it was confirmed the following week. I have since had an MRI scan which was ok, although lump was slightly larger than they thought (11mm by 21mm). Tomorrow i have my pre-op assessment done, then I am in next week, Tuesday for isotope injection and lumpectomy on the Wednesday. Well I fit into the age group of your meetings (45 until a week on Friday) so please let me know and I may well come along.
Sam x

Oh so your mums going through it aswell. I hope things are going well for your mum and good luck for your appointments.
The staff I saw whilst at NGH were all fab. Have you got to have chemo too? I had it all, mastectomy, node clearance, chemo, radiotherapy, Herceptin, Tamoxifen and then a delayed reconstruction and prophylactic mastectomy on good side.
Will let you know when our next meet up is, they are all a really nice bunch.
Let us know how you get on next week.

Tracy
x

Mum is doing great, she had an mx and is waiting for radiotherapy. The BCC has said radiotherapy for myself but until he has all results won’t know for sure. All our treatment is at Ketterin until teh radiotherapy and the staff have been great too.

xx

Glad your mums doing ok too. Fingers crossed for your results next week:)

Tracy
x

Well I went to Crazy Hats office today in Wellingborough. What a lovely bunch of people. I was made so welcome and even got my nails done as they complimentary therapies there. Hoping my mum will go in a couple of weeks too. Give it a whirl ladies. x

Hi Samjs and everyone, I live near Wellingborough (Raunds) x

Hi Sam glad you had a good time at Crazy Hats, they are a loverly bunch of ladies so friendly and helpfull. Hope your mom is doing well.
May see you there one week.
Carol. XXXX

Hi Tosca and Carol, thinking I am going crazy hats this morning and taking my mum. Also my step daughter is raising money for BC as part of her enrichment at school and I have suggested crazy hats. Hopefully I can get some posters from there this morning for her and and her friend friend to help them. X