cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Northern Ireland Meet-ups

Missy64

Re: Northern Ireland Meet-ups

Hi Mags

I'm really sorry you can't make it on the 26th - it's not totally confirmed yet so keep an eye on the site in case the date changes.

Hope you have a great time at Beauty and the Beast.

Catch up with you soon.

Carolyn x

Magda

Hi girls
I can't make it this time around but hope you all have fun.... Break a leg! Noooooooo
Magsx

Missy64

Just looked up reviews for the Windrose - not great.
May have to be somewhere else eg The Point.
Anyone know where is good?

Missy64

Here we go again!

Hi Everyone

Let me know if this suits:

Date: Saturday 26th November
Time: 1pm
Place: Carrickfergus (ice-skating optional lol)
Venue: Windrose

Missy64

🙂

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi girls,

I hope everyones well,Caroyln I'm glad your tests were clear 🙂

I can't make next weekend(12th-13th), but could do the following Saturday 19th November or 26th, as I'm working on Fridays now until 4pm,or night times also suit. Carrick sounds good as there is a lot of eating places eg:The Windrose ,Papa Joe's, Brewers Fayre and if anyone else has any suggestions for down that direction or Belfast as its central, I'll keep an eye on the site for an update.

Julie xx

Magda

Hi ther
Just booked beauty and the beast showing in the opera house for myself and wee granddaughter so 19 November is now out for me as is 12 nov family do in Fermanagh.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Girls
Carolyn I'm so glad your results show stability, I was thinking about you all the way and hope your mood is a bit lighter now knowing your results. I can probably do any of the fridays or saturdays suggested for lunch but i can't ice skate for toffee so you wont catch me on the ice, I'd be a hazzard.... dont mind watching you though, you could show off your new skills Carolyn.

Will keep an eye on the site for any more updates. Hope to see you all soon

Carol xx

Magda

Well I can probably do anytime so I'm happy to tag along to wherever.
Mags x

Missy64

Hi Everyone

Not much feed-back regarding availability 😞

So I'm going to make some suggestions.

Lunchtime - Friday and Saturday the next 3 weekends starting Friday 11th (11/11 - 27/11). If some of you would prefer evenings please say. I'm easy and can usually do most days/evenings although Isy I'm afraid I couldn't do 13th as I'd be too busy with it being Remembrance Sunday.

Venue - I think Belfast works for most people. Other suggestions welcome.

One suggestion from me would be meeting up at Carrickfergus, having a little skate on the ice rink (you know you'd love to!) and then on somewhere for lunch - there are plenty of places to choose from in Carrick.

Jennifer if the venue is outside of Belfast eg Carrick, I'm sure we could arrange to pick you up on the way.

Hope to hear from you all soon.

Carolyn x

Guest user
Not applicable

Lunch in Belfast suits me most days.

Lilac

Hi all!

Carolyn - so glad to hear everything's stable!

I'll be in Bangor on Sunday 13 Nov as I'll have artwork in an exhibition there, so I could do lunch or dinner in Belfast. But open to other suggestions too. Next weekend not so good for me.

Lilac x

Magda

Carolyn So glad to hear your scans came back positive:) fingers, toes and all crossed for the ct scan too.
I'm available whenever as I've such a busy social life- not!
I have a ct and MRI on 25/28 nov so before that would be good.
Hope you are all well and looking forward to seeing you all again.
Maggiex

Missy64

Hi All

Right! It's time to get the next meet-up arranged or before we know it we'll be into 2012!

What we need to know is everyone's preferences -

Lunchtimes or Evenings?
Dates available from 3 November?
Where in the world? (sorry but that one has to be narrowed down to the land mass we are already on)

Quick update on my recent scan results (from August scan!!!). Once again everything is stable 🙂 I will be having a CT scan of my brain next month but I'm not particularly worried about that as it has come about from my mentioning, at my review appointment, a few headaches I had a while back. Whether there is anything between my ears though may be debatable?

So I'm looking forward to all your replies and we shall see what the common denominator is.

Hope everyone is keeping well.

Take care

Carolyn x

Magda

I can probably make most times

Guest user
Not applicable

Lunchtimes Monday-Friday are best for me, Lilac.

By the way, was anyone at the UCF lunch in the Europa today?

Lilac

Any thoughts on our next meet-up? I fancy a wee trip to Belfast some time soon - when suits everybody?
Isy x

Lilac

Thanks to everyone who came to the exhibition opening last night. It was great to see you all and have your support!
Isy x

Guest user
Not applicable

hey mags just read your posting . if you like , your partner can drop u off at my house and we can go together from here , i can then drop you home no problem at all , im sure we wont be too late anyway . but if your partner wants to come along then of course he's very welcome . i'll check on the site tomorrow . carol x

Magda

Hi all looks like I am going to have to bring my partner along as driver as I'm really whatever after the r/ therapy especially at night. I'm ok going up on my own but I know the drive back would be too much for me.
Mags

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Girls,

Isy I'm looking forward to friday night and count me in for dinner at Molly's, oh! how far is Ballymoney from Belfast?, just need to no so I can give Carolyn a pick up time .

Mags, Im so glad for you that there is no progression , great news, hope to see you on fri night.

Carolyn, sorry to here your feeling low at the moment you should have give me a wee text and we could have met up in between , I'm only down the road, any excuse for a natter.

Hi to all the rest of you Bosom Buddies , hopefully see u on Fri night.

Julie xx

Lilac

Thanks Magda - he's decided to go by train in the end but thanks for the offer.

Carolyn - Sorry to hear you've been feeling low. We will do our best to cheer you. If not, at least you can offload on us - that's what bosom buddies are for!

Will book a table for 7pm at Molly's.

Missy64

Hi Buddies

I'm really looking forward to Friday night. I've been really down this last week or so, just can't pull myself back up again - so I'll be relying on you all to get me back on form.

Going for a bite to eat before the exhibition on Friday is a really good idea. Would be great if you could book that for us Isy.

Magda, I'm so pleased there is no progression. I'm due ct results in a couple of weeks and I'm dreading it - probably the reason why I'm so down, but fingers crossed.

Will check in before Friday.

Carolyn xx

Magda

Isabel, I can if nobody else offers:)

Lilac

Hi all
Looking forward to seeing everyone who can make it to the Exhibition Opening this Friday night, 8 pm. There's a car park (Town Head car park) just beside the town hall, and a restaurant within walking distance on the main street (Molly's) if you want to meet for tea beforehand. Let me know what you want to do - I can book a table for you.
By the way, I have an artist friend coming by train from Bangor - was wondering if anyone could offer him a lift from Belfast?
Thanks!

Isy x

Magda

Hi girls I had a lovely time sat .it's so good to chat and feel free to say what you really want not what others want to hear. Looking forward to the next one in Oct.
Well Issy Sunday was good and I went commando - well scarf less 🙂 much of the time was spent talking to us as opposed to actually doing so no manicure 😞 still It was a nice event and thank you once again lots of helpful hints and tips picked up.
Carolyn
The rads team were so nice to me on Monday actually they were totally understanding and the good news is......
No progression and all looking good so I can chill out and hopefully start get some decent nights sleep 🙂 pop! That was sound of the champers being opened that I'm going to drink tonight!!!!

Missy64

Hi Everyone

I had a lovely time with you all on Saturday, it was great so many of us were able to meet-up and fantastic to have two more members.

So the next time we see each other again will hopefully be at Isy's Art Exhibition - really looking forward to that on 7th October.

Magda - hope you get on ok at radiotherapy today, after missing Friday's session and I noticed on one of the other threads you're taking a note from your mummy. Hope they don't think you wrote it yourself and forged her signature! lol

Again, thank you all for your great company.

Take care.

Carolyn xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All,
Looking forward to meeting up with friends old and new

See you tomorrow,

Jill

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Girls

Looking forward to tomorrow.
If there's no one hanging around the front area then I'll go on through to the table.
See you there
Carol x

Missy64

Hi Magda

I've sent you a private message with my full name.

Carolyn

Magda

I wold refer table just in case I'm late / early should I just ask for carolines table?

Missy64

Hi Everyone

Hope you are all looking forward to tomorrow.

IF THERE ARE ANY LATECOMERS WHO WOULD LIKE TO JOIN US TOMORROW I CAN EASILY AMEND THE BOOKING.

Would you all like to meet at the entrance or just be directed to the table, it's booked in my name?

Will check in on the site later.

Carolyn xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Will do! xx

Missy64

Hi Jennifer

Shame you can't make it. Keep an eye on the site and hopefully you will be available next time.

Carolyn xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Have a good time, girls!

Sorry I can't make it (yet again) - double booked.

Will keep in touch.

Missy64

Hi Girls

A table has now been booked at Ten Square, Grill Room for six people at 1pm on 24th September.

Anyone else who would like to join us please say and I can add you.

Looking forward to it.

Carolyn x

Missy64

Bumpity Bump

Missy64

Hi All

Any advance on 6 - it's great that you can all come along.

ANYONE ELSE WISHING TO JOIN US JUST SHOUT. WE REALLY ARE A FRIENDLY BUNCH.

Details again: Saturday 24 September
Grill Room, Ten Square, Belfast
1pm

I'll wait another day to see if anyone else wishes to join us and then I will book the table - I'm sure if anyone comes along after that we can add them on.

Keep an eye on the site for meet-up arrangements, especially if you are new.

Carolyn xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Magda

Sorry, misread your name....apologies for that, I'm in a rush as usual

Carol x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Girls

Great news that so many can make it on 24th. Count me in too.

Looking forward to meeting up with everyone for a catch up and also any newbies....welcome Madge and anyone else who wants to join us

Carol x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Bosom Buddies,

Count me in for the 24th.

Looking forward to meeting old and new friends

Jill xx

Lilac

See you all there!
Isy x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Girls ,

Ten square sounds lovely at 1pm , welcome to Tracy I hope you can make it , Magda looking forward too meeting you also , and all the rest of my Bosom Buddies for our wee monthly catch-up.

Julie xx

Magda

The 24th, ten square is good for me too , looking forward to meeting y,all.

Missy64

Hi Tracy

Welcome to our wee thread.

The next meet-up on 24 September is in Belfast and in the past we've met up in Belfast, Lisburn, Antrim and Galgorm and we are willing to travel. Usually we try to suit as many people as possible.

If it was possible for you to join us on the 24th that would be great but if not I'm sure we could arrange something closer to you next time.

Carolyn xx

Guest user
Not applicable

hi...im in northern ireland..where abouts do you meet up im in londonderry-ish

Missy64

Hi Everyone

Just bumping this up in case some people have missed it.

May I suggest we go for lunch at Ten Square as we can book a table in the Grill Room. I'm not sure where else tables can be booked but with it being a Saturday we may have to wait a while at other places.

If you agree please confirm your attendance and we can then book a table for about 1pm if everyone's ok with that.

WOULD LOVE TO SEE SOME NEW FACES 🙂

Will be back soon!

Carolyn xx

Lilac

Hi everybody

Sat 24th is good for me. Look forward to seeing everyone.

Carolyn - so pleased you can come to the exhibition opening. Anyone else want to come - you're very welcome!

Isy x

Missy64

Hi everyone

Hellooooo Jill, where you been hiding, great to see you online again.

Love all the suggestions. Where might be best for a Saturday, can we book at any of the suggested places, just in case its busy?

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Carolyn xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All

Jill, so good to hear from you.
Your suggestions of the Belfast bars is great.. I'm up for any of these.
Looking forward to a great meet up with as many present as poss

Talk soon
Carol x