Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Northern Ireland Meet-ups

Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Northern Ireland Meet-ups

Carol,
i just missed your post , yes cafe vaudeville would be good, anywhere with space and relaxed atmosphere.

You do have a most understanding partner x

see you soon,

jill

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Julie,Carol ,Carolyn and all the girls i havent yet met,

I would love to meet up on the 24th. City centre sounds great. Bar 10, Apartment, Northern Whig (we had a couple of good times there!), or if we could book a booth in the Crown! Or anywhere at all...

looking forward to catching up,

jill

Guest user
Not applicable

girls im posting this from my phone so excuse the typing . can i suggest cafe vaudeville , its central and a lovely place for a meet up . its in arthur street . carol x

Guest user
Not applicable

HI Girls,

Saturday 24th lunchtime in Belfast also suits me,hopefully everyone can make it, Jill it would be lovely too catch-up with you its been a while, and anyone else out there are more than welcome we are a friendly wee bunch.

Carol I can't think of anywhere at the moment ,I'll keep an eye on the site for anyone else's ideas .

Julie xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Everyone

Suits me for Belfast city centre meet up and hope everyone can make it for Saturday 24th.
Jill, would really love to hear from you, hope you're doing ok.

There's so many places to choose from in town but I'll have a think and post some suggestions shortly...everyone else do the same and we'll come to some agreement.

Looking forward to it

Carol x

Missy64

Hi All

Carol - what a lovely thoughtful partner you have! 🙂
I totally agree with you that meeting up in the afternoon would be a better idea and to keep the venue within the city centre.

Is everyone else in agreement with that?

Hopefully we will have some new faces joining us. Jennifer would the afternoon in the city centre suit you better?

Any suggestions for somewhere nice for lunch in the city centre greatly appreciated.

Isy - I will be at your exhibition on the 7th, hadn't realised the date clash.

See you all soon.

Carolyn xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Girls
It's good to see some activity on the site at last.

I've spoken to my partner about 24th Sept (his birthday) and he has no problem at all if i want to meet up with the girls, although for me lunch time would be better than evening.
Meeting up during the day may also mean more girls are available?

I can drive if we meet outside Belfast and am happy to give a lift to anyone who needs one or if meeting in Belfast then can go with public transport so as we can have a few wines ...........Saturday lunch time meet up is starting to sound very appealing.

Will keep an eye on the site and hope to get organized soon

Carol xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Sorry folks but I don't have a car so nights out (unless they are in Belfast) are out of the question for me. 😞

However I can do lunches further afield eg.Lisburn, as I can use the train or bus during the day.

Lilac

Carolyn, the CLICK Sargeant night sounds great but it is the same night as my exhibition opening in Ballymoney so I couldn't make it (and it would be lovely if any of my fellow Bosom Buddies could come to the exhibition opening).
Isy x

Missy64

Hi Everyone

Thanks to those who have already replied regarding 23rd/24th September for a meet-up. Those interested so far are Isy, Julie, myself and Magda, if she is feeling better (fingers crossed Magda).

Carol – shame you can’t make it on 24th but maybe we can sort something out regarding the info below.

Jill – haven’t seen you in ages, if it wasn’t for your profile picture we would have forgotten what you looked like! lol Hope you are keeping well and can make the next meet-up.

Jennifer we’d love to get a chance to meet you.

All ladies welcome. If we haven’t met before and you would like to come along just let us know and we will make sure there are arrangements in place to make meeting up easier as we won’t know what you look like or you us.

I’ve another suggestion which I came across this morning if anyone would be interested:

“Ladies Night” – CLIC Sargent’s Annual Ladies Supper & Fashion Show.
Friday 7th October at La Mon Hotel & Country Club – 7.00pm, Tickets £30. (Ladies will receive a complimentary glass of bubbly on arrival, followed by a knife & fork buffet supper and fashion
show).

Hope to hear from more of you soon.

Carolyn xx

Lilac

Hi folks!
Just back from hols and back to reality! Those 2 dates both good for me - looking forward to seeing everybody. Magda - hope all goes well for you and you can make it along with everyone else I haven't met yet.

Isy x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Girls

Sat 24th is probably the one Saturday which doesn't suit me as it's my partners birthday, however I'm happy to keep a check on the site and will 'go with the flow' .

Hope you are all well

Carol x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Girls,

Carolyn and I did have lovely lunch in The Cardan in Lisburn ( handy as we both live there )Hopefully we all can make the next meet-up, Sat the 24th Sept suits me as I have a birthday party to go to on the 23rd, Magda I hope your feeling are better after your stay in hospital,

Carolyn I will try and see also,if there are any events on that weekend , although we still have the option of The Culloden Hotel afternoon tea in aid of Breast Cancer on Saturday afternoons.

I'll check in again for an update soon .

Julie xx

Magda

24 sept meet , ok girls I have this in diary and please god / goddess let me make it as I haven't been too lucky to date. Got out BCH mon evening but still very low blood counts etc so this should give me time to recover!

Missy64

Hi Everyone

Julie and I had a lovely lunch together last Saturday but we missed all our fellow bosom buddies.

I had considered putting forward a suggestion about a night out at the Hillsborough Oyster Festival but since it would have been 1st September I reckoned it would have been too short notice. So I suggest a night out on Friday or Saturday the weekend of 23rd/24th September - four weeks away.

In the meantime I will try and find out if there are any events on that weekend. Please post if you can attend along with any suggestions you may have.

Carolyn xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Girls

Ok, let's try again for a meet up that would suit most people, maybe sometime in September? I would be free most Fridays or Saturdays.

I had a brilliant day at the Ireland v France rugby match in Dublin just sorry that I missed the last meet up, hope you had a good day.

All suggestions to be posted on site at your earliest convenience and hopefully we will finally catch up very soon.

Hope everyone is well and Magda, hope you are feeling better after your hospital stay

Hear from you all soon

Carol x

Magda

Gonna make it one of these days was admitted into Bch last wk only out mon evening 😞

Guest user
Not applicable

Was away for the w/e so couldn't have come. Count me in for next time.

Missy64

Hi All

Shame you can't make it Carol but have a great day at the match and we'll catch you again next time.

Anyone else wish to join Julie and I tomorrow? You'd be very welcome.

Carolyn x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Girls

I'm going to have to back out of going tomorrow...really sorry.
we have been given tickets to Ireland v France rugby match for tomorrow and will going down in the train at about 12 o clock.
Only knew about the tickets last night.

My partner has always wanted to go to a home Ireland match and so didn't want to let the opportunity go.

have a good day and will catch up next time

Carol xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Girls,

Carolyn I can't think of any where at the moment , maybe you will remember the name of the new place or the Apartment have we been there before ? ,Iam easy where ever we go and 1pm suits me also,
Isy sorry you can't make it ,have a great holiday :),
I'll check the site later on for an up-date.

Julie xx

Missy64

Hi Everyone

I've been to Cafe Vic-Ryn a couple of times and it is nice but I would prefer to be waited on so Belfast would be the choice for me. So can I suggest 1pm in Belfast on Saturday at maybe the Whig or the Apartment, new place in the Cathedral Quarter don't know the name but its meant to be nice or wherever. Open to suggestions.

I will bump this up again tomorrow for anyone who may have missed it.

Sorry you can't make it Isy but I'm sure you'll be able to join us next time. If I'm not speaking to you before have a great holiday.

Carolyn xx

Lilac

Sorry I can't make it this time, ladies, but have fun!

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

Cafe Vic-Ryn in lisburn is lovely I have ate there before,
but as Carol says if Belfast is more cental I'm easy too,

I will check-in tomorrow for an up-date also,

Julie xx

Guest user
Not applicable

hi girls i can travel to lisburn on saturday for lunch if that suits everyone else . in fact i'm pretty easy where we go . we could also meet up in belfast if its more central for travel plans . ill keep an eye on the site for updates x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Girls - wee suggestion for meet up venue - Cafe Vic-Ryn, Moira Road, Lisburn - scones are AMAZING. Check them out on facebook.

Missy64

Hi Bosom Buddies

We are really good at 'lastminute.com' aren't we. 🙂

I can do all suggestions made by Julie. Just let me know when and where and I'll be there.

Carolyn xx

Guest user
Not applicable

hi everyone hope ur all well. i could possibly do this Saturday lunchtime . will keep checking the site for updates carol x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Girls,

This weekend I'm not heading to the caravan until saturday evening,so maybe we can meet up on Saturday lunchtime or this Thursday lunchtime or evening or maybe friday night ,just a few alternatives lol, it might not suit everyone at this late stage ,

I'll keep an eye on the site for an update.

Julie x

Guest user
Not applicable

Just thinking after my last post, if Jill and Julie are still down around Newcastle, shall we aim for going there for lunch,, maybe Fri 19th Aug, Sat 20th Aug or the following week? if that suits.

Carol x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi girls

I'm having a friend round for dinner on Sat so that's out for me but i'm keen for a meet up asap. Had my 2nd year mammogramm results and eveything looks ok , thank goodness. Also had my appointment with my consultant and he doesn't want to see me for another 12 months, so i'm flying high!!
I'm pretty much free now except for maybe one week at the beginning of Sept so lets all check our diaries and meet up soon either for lunch or evening meal.....as Carolyn says, all suggestions welcome

carol xx

Magda

Would love to meet up but unfortunately have prior engagement on saturday and funnily enough I will be in the galgorm Sunday night at a wedding. Will get to make it one of these days,!

Lilac

I'm organising a wee nite out in Gillies, Galgorm Manor this Saturday night (13th). Any newbies who are free are very welcome. Let me know if you can make it so we can look out for you.
Isy x

Lilac

Hi Carolyn
Just got my mammo result - clear! So defo up for a night out! I'm away Mon 22nd and got other things planned that w/e so this w/e or next week ok.
Lilac x

Missy64

Hi

WHERE ARE YOU ALL??

We've gone all quiet again. Okay we are now into August and we need to have another get together. Please post any suggestions you may have along with your availability and hopefully we can get something organised soon. It would be great if we could get a date and venue that suits everyone.

I'll keep an eye on the site and my fingers crossed that we can sort something out.

Hope everyone is keeping well and see you all SOON!

Carolyn xx

Magda

Hi ladies just got back online as have been sick with chest infection for the last week.
Sorry I've missed the meet up hopefully make the next one. I live in Belfast and have car can travel!

Guest user
Not applicable

Hope those that went on Saturday had a great time. I too am at caravan most weekends.slieve donard sounds great,

jill

Missy64

Hi

Isy - See you at Mo's at 12:30, looking forward to it.

Carol - hope you can make it.

Julie - shame we won't being seeing you.

Anyone else like to join us? Just say and we will meet you at the door.

I've still got my eye on lunch at Slieve Donard or afternoon tea £20 for two an other time, if interested, just shout.

Carolyn xx

Lilac

Ok, Junction 1 it is then. Mo's Grill at 12.30?
Julie - sounds like you're having a great time at the caravan. Catch up with you soon.
Isy x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Girls

Have been watching the thread to see what you have decided on for tomorrow.
I'm pretty busy this weekend but will know later on if I can make it if you do decide on Junction 1.

I'll be in touch

Carol xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Girls,

I'm down at the caravan from a Thursday too a Sunday for the month of August, but if there's a meet-up on a mon-wed night possibly, I'll be up for that, or if as Carolyn suggested a day out in Newcastle sounds good to me, enjoy your shopping at Juntion One and don't spend to much lol.

I'll keep an eye on the site for the next meet-up.

Julie xx

Missy64

Hi All

Out of the two I actually prefer Junction One so I'm going to go with that.

Julie, I'm sure we can arrange a night out soon too, would a Thursday night suit you if you are down at the caravan at the weekends? Or a day out in Newcastle? Lunch at the Slieve Donard!!! Quite like THAT idea.:)

Just let us know what dates your available and we'll see what we can do. That goes for everyone else who maybe can't make it on Saturday but can do an evening meet-up another time or an afternoon.

Isy what time at Junction One suits you?

Carolyn xx

Lilac

Banbridge is a bit far for me (2hrs) as I don't have all day free but go ahead if it suits everybody else. Whereabouts are you, Magda?

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Girls,

Hi to Magda welcome to our wee group.

Isy this Saturday sounds great to me although could i suggest the outlets at banbridge instead ( same as juntion one only smaller) ,as I'm at the caravan just outside Kilkeel and it would only take me roughly 40mins to travel up on the Saturday to Banbridge instead of Antrim or anybody has any other ideas< I'll keep an eye on the site for an update.

I hope to see you all on Saturday or whenever we get a date set and anybody else would who would like to join our wee group.

Julie xx

Lilac

How about Sat 30 July (this Sat) at Junction One, Antrim for sale shopping and lunch?

Missy64

Hi Isy

Definitely time for a meet-up 🙂

I have consulted my trusty calender and I'm free any time - what a sad life I lead sometimes 😞

Have you any preference/suggestion to which part of the country we may meet in? You know me - have wheels will travel.

A very big welcome to Magda and anyone else who is following our thread and maybe feel a little bit shy about contributing. There's not that many of us but we are a very friendly bunch and would love to see our wee group grow.

Hi again Jennifer we would love to see you at the next meet-up.

Hopefully the usual suspects will be along shortly. I will keep an eye on the site.

Carolyn xx

Magda

Hi new to the club but would like to join in at next meet?

Lilac

Time for a meet-up? I can't do daytime until 8 August - daughter at summer schemes but an evening before then would be ok. Any thoughts?

Missy64

Hi Isy

I'm sure you will be fine but totally understand your nervousness. I'll have my fingers crossed for you though.

See you soon.

Carolyn xx

Lilac

Hi Bosom Buddies

Got my first year review coming up at Antrim Hospital Breast Clinic next Wednesday (13th). Getting very, very nervous! Keep everything crossed for me!
Isy x