cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Coping Very Well

7 REPLIES 7
squiggle13

Re: Not Coping Very Well

Well people I've got my date 8th March. .. just 10 days to go but thanks to all the great advice from you lovely people on here im actually feeling quite positive that its going to be ok regardless of what comes out of it xx
squiggle13

Thankyou everyone it makes a huge difference to know im not going mad or just being daft !!
I have lots of stuff going on as well (daughter was attacked at school friday, no job, OH there for me but we dont live together anymore,debts up to my eyeballs) so this is just the proverbial icing on the cake for me.. if it does turn out to be serious I really dont know what to do. ..
Sorry it really does sound like its all doom and gloom doesnt it and im truly trying to stay positive just having a bit of an emotional wobble

Thank you for letting me rant xxx
meemoo

Hey ....... come here girl ............ I'll give you a big HUG and you can cry all you like

Everything you are experiencing is totally normal. And already the lovely ladies here have given you some excellent advice. I am sure that IF needed you family will then give you all the support in the world. Until then - cry if you like and then try to think of one good thing. When I get down I try and pick a few of the things that life has blessed me with already - like my two lovely children.

And remember . . . . only 10% of the things we worry about ever come to pass. Most of our worries are just wasted time - but we are all human and that is why when we do worry and need help the ladies on here are always around for you 24/7.

Thinking of you x x
WAC

Hi Liz
Of course it's ok to cry - and rant, curse or do whatever you need to do. However much you try to reassure yourself, it is a very worrying time and it's inevitable that we dwell in the land of "What ifs..." at this time. I would endorse what Angiepops said though - I too Googled everything and really wish I hadn't as there's just too much, not always accurate, information out there.

Hope there is someone to give you the hugs you need and deserve at this time. If not, this forum is a great source of reassurance and virtual hugs.

Hope all goes well.
Big hug
Wendy x
poemsgalore

Hi Liz
Of course you want a hug, you are going through a worrying time, even if it is a benign lump, which I hope it is. In the meantime, until you find out one way or another, don't hesitate to come on these forums for a moan, cry, rant, whatever you need to do to help you feel a bit calmer. We've all done it, so don't worry about what people will think on here.

Hoping for a good outcome for you
Big Hugs, Poemsgalore xxx
squiggle13

Hi Angie

Many thanks for the kind

words and yr right I juat need to try and put it to the back of my mind for the time being. . Ive had a cry on my own and gave my little girl a huge cuddle when she got in which seemed to help (despite the squiggles).I susuppose im just going through a stage of "my god this could be serious and noone around me gets how awful it potentially could be" while at the same time I have a "dont be daft it'll be fine you are over reacting " side. I just dont know how to tell friends/family/OH that I'm okay really but a hug and a cuppa/chat would really help when noone seems that intrrested or bothered?

angiepops

hi liz
i'm going to tell you what i did. in case it might help you.
i had a cry, because its okay to cry, and it doesnt last long before you stop , then i sat for a while talking, probably just going on and on and on to my good friend at work. she said that she too had been to the clinic with a lump and that it had all been okay, nothing wrong just cysts that had clumped together, but on the other hand her friend who she met at the clinic had not been okay but she was treated and was fine now. she kept telling me not to worry until i knew one way or another.
she said the people at the clinic were so lovely, and they are, and that they looked after you while you were there, and they do. at the end of my working day i realised that whatever i thought, nothing was going to be sorted until i had been seen. no amount of worrying was going to change anything.
so i carried on as usual day to day, going to work, looking on the internet and scaring myself silly ( which i would advise you not to do) knowing that if i was the one that was not ok, at least i would be being looked after straight away.
Evrything probably seems surreal, and all kind of 'what ifs' are going round in your head, but all you can do is relax until you get seen, if you possibly can. If you dont have anyone close that you can talk to there are lots of lovely ladies on here that can listen. You might try not to spend too much time on your own, to stop your imagination running wild.
wishing you strength for the coming days, and good luck.
Angiepops x
June_BCC

Not Coping Very Well

posted on behalf of new user Liz
Hi everyone this is my first post on the forums. .
Ive been referred to our breast clinic this morning by my gp for a lump that I noticed about 6 weeks ago but was told to wait til after my period to see if ut was hormon based rather than anything else.
I know statistically theres a huge chance its benign, and had a fair idea a referral was likely.. but its not stopped me wanting to blub like a baby all afternoon and just want to crawl up in a ball...
My OH gave me a talking to the minute we got out of doctors to say that I cant get upset in front of anyone, and I have to just suck it up and deal with it until we know more. My mum just brushed it off as if its nothing and said oh youll be fine just go to the clinic.
Iknow they're right in some respects.. I cant let it get to me and need to be positive for my little girl at least but I'm struggling to keep it together.
Am I being silly by just wanting a hug and a chance to cry on someones shoulders... ive not been diagnosed and im a grown woman of 40 with a little girl to look after and cant afford to get down.
Any advice would be great
Liz