Not completing Taxol

I have had three FEC had first Tax today. They are concerned about the peripheral neuropathy as already have it and Tax can make it worse. The nurse this morning said if gets worse could have permanent damage to nerves. This would affect my career. As I’ve had four chemo will be having a mastectomy and axillary node clearance plus radiotherapy then tamoxifen I’m going to ask oncologist if it does get severe would it be detrimental to refuse last two. Any thoughts or similar experiences please
Mand

Hi Mand, I’ve been on different regime (lumpectomy, full nodes clearance, 4xEC and 9 out of 12 weekly Taxol (paclitaxel) so far). I’ve also have neuropathy and rare hand rash reaction.
My neuropathy is not impacting my balance yet (just int he tips of the toes but coming down slowly) but as soon as threathens to do that I’ve been told to stop T.
Onc really wanted me to get to #9 T to get the most of benefits so he’s glad I’ve made it this far. I will be making a decision next next Tuesday whether to go ahead with #10 after I see how I cope with the rash which will flare up at the weekend and how the neuropathy progresses.
Listen to your body and don’t push too hard as you still need to be able to function and enjoy life after treatments x

Thank you she mentioned losing dexterity and having permanent problems with fingers. If can’t write or type in my job I’d be no use! I would never risk my health but I’m just wondering do you really need them all or is it precaution. Thank you for your advice very useful x good luck with yours