Not coping too well........

I am newish to the site I did look on here before 4 years ago when I was diagnosed with a type 1 breast cancer , but I felt able to manage on my own as I was treated very quickly and it was all over in the blink of an eye. Put it all behind me and moved on! Just those dreaded checks every 6 months.

Well here I am again just had biopsies for lumps found in my breast and armpit. Going today for results knowing they will be bad as told ‘extremely suspicious’

As the lump is now in my lymph nodes I am terrified they are going to tell me its secondary, I am falling apart and feel I cant breath.

How do you cope with being told this news? I feel I will just lose it

Dear Bali2001

I’m so sorry to hear you are having this worry right now. First of all, cancer in the lymph nodes doesn’t necessarily mean secondaries. I had some in mine, had them removed along with mastectomy, chemo, and now on 5 years hormone tablet. Secondary cancer is when it has spread from the lymph nodes into your bones, liver, lungs or brain. They would only know if it was secondaries by sending you for an MRI. scan. As many newly diagnosed patient are automatically sent for MRI, this wouldn’t be an unusual event - most results come back normal. But I can understand why you are worried. Sending you extra big (((HUGS))) but also hoping your results aren’t as bad as you expect.

poemsgalore xx

Hi Bali and welcome to the BCC forums
I am sorry to read that you have this new worry, please feel free to call our helpliners for practical and emotional support along with the support you have here, on 0808 800 6000 and lines open weekdays 9-5 and Saturday 10-2

Take care
Lucy BCC