Not coping very well at all ....

My life is falling apart at the seams, I was diagnosed on 6th Feb, i had a WLE and SNB last month, lymph nodes affected and hormome receptive. Didnt get a clear margin so need another op whih was booked for tues just passed, i missed it because of illness been resheduled for 24th Apr.
I cannot think straight enough or have enough info to know if i should consider a mastectomy
Lots of probs at home too with communiation breakdown, hubby, teenage daughter and 4 yr old.
Just all seems to much at mo x

Hello Lynnflowers!
I know where you are coming from! It is all too much and
When you get dx it consumes your life.
However you have time to find out more info about
Your op before the next one.
You just have to take each day at a time and you
Will get through it.
I was dx in dec had same ops as you but had anc
As a precuation. Since had 3 cycles of chemo.
I also have 2 small children and its hard on them too.
But this is about you.
The best thing you could do is ring the helpline, they are wonderful
They are just there to listen as they have all been there before.
Good luck with it all.
Love fran xx

Dear lynnflowers

Welcome to the forum. I’m sure you will find a lot of support from other members.

Just to echo what Leeds39 said about the helpline- do give them a call. They are there for information and support. They are open from 9-5 on weekdays and 9-2 on Saturdays. The number is 0808 800 6000. All calls are free and confidential

Very best wishes

Janet
BCC Facilitator

Hi Lynnflowers,

I don’t post on here a lot but I do read most of the threads with interest.

I would like to say that I know exactly where you are coming from, this is a really hard and emotional time to go through. Like Leeds39 I was dx in dec and at present going through the chemo tred mill, had to have mx didnt have a choice but just to say I know it must be really hard for you to decide but if you do choose full mx, I have just got my new prosthisis and you really cannot tell the difference. It is a bit of a shock to start with but you do get used to it.

You seem to have so much on your plate to deal with and then this awful disease as well, without going into too much I was having a hard time before being diagnosed with bc as well so it makes it much harder to deal with because there is far to much going on in your life.

Not sure if your hospital do this but I have been referred to the phsyco-oncology where you are given a nurse who will come and visit you and help you through all this and help get your problems into some sort of order. It may well be worth you asking for some help like this.

Dont beat yourself up if you are having meltdowns, I have them every day and if thats the way we have to be to cope with this then so be it, it really does not make you a weak person, crying does help to get it out of your system.

I dont know whether this has helped any but I do hope you find peace.

Debh x

hi lynnflowers i to have got to have a second op on 24th of april .im not coping to well at mo either im not showing my oh or kids this im trying to b strong 4 them but its hard .i also am suffering fro a water infection which is knocking me about …im glad i found this site because i dont no what i would do without it huggsss xx

Aaaaah lynnflowers, lots of huggles for you.
Sounds very difficult for you at the moment, keep posting because sometimes it just helps to say exactly what you are feeling, no one judges you here, say whatever you want and if anyone can help they will.
I had to have two ops and all went very well so not as bad as it seems, for the moment try and keep calm (easier said than done) and do keep posting, take care xx

Lynflowers - try not to worry about a mastectomy just yet. Like you I had a lumpectomy and sentinel lymph nodes removed for them to tell me there was cancer in one of the lymph nodes and the margins were not clear in the breast. I had a second operation and am now on chemo. The margins were clear after the second op and only 1 lymph node out of 8 was affected, so yes - I too was thinking omg next step mastectomy, but it never happened.

Try to be positive, and am sure they will get it all the next time xxx