Not going on Tamoxifen

Not going on Tamoxifen

Not going on Tamoxifen I have DCIS and am going to have a mastectomy in the next two or three weeks. My doc. has said that I won’t need any further treatment, no pills, nothing. I will have to have a mammogram every year on the healthy breast.

Is this usual?

Hi Babyboo Hi Babyboo
I had a WLE on the 13th April after being diagnosed with grade 1 DCIS, I am due to have Rads, and will be prescribed Tamoxifen, as well, when I asked if I really needed to take the Tamoxifen, (as I have heard I may get side affects, my Consultant told me it was advisable due to my young age 52yrs) after thanking him for saying I was still young, I asked him what sort of difference it would make, he said not a lot, but it is better to take it, I have still not decided whether I will take him up on this, my BCN told me that I should go on it, and if the side affects were to much I could come off it, or she would be able to prescribe medication to lessen the side affects I suppose every one is different, and it seems to also depend on where you live.
Heatherellis

Hi babyboo
I too have dcis, mastectomy and recon next thurs…no further treatment for me either!!!
Healthy breast mammograms every 2 years tho for me!! Not too worried about that tho as it didnt show up any way when i was scanned!!!
Annax