cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not happy with my oncologist

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Not happy with my oncologist

Thanks Jo. How can I transfer this post to secondary section?
Highlighted

Thank you Dawnhc all ready feel supported on here. Also feel much better for the rant
Highlighted

Hi Anniejac

As Dawnhc says it's never too late to ask.  For more information and support about this please do give the helpline here a ring.  0808 800 6000

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Anniejac,

You have really been through such a traumatic time. I think it is so awful to have very real concerns with this disease just set aside the way your oncologist has done. I don't think it is ever too late to ask to change your oncologist but does the hospital you attend have other breast cancer teams. Is this onc the consultant? If you aren't sure how to proceed maybe your hospital has a PALS Office (Patient Advice and Liaison Service) and they would certainly be able to help you. 

I hope the follow up scan shows you have responded well to the treatment. Do come and join us on the Secondary part of the site as I think quite a few with secondary diagnosis don't always read the other areas of the forum.

Dawn

xx

Highlighted

Not happy with my oncologist

Recently dx with secondary breast cancer (7yrs clear). A real big shock as I was receiving annual follow ups. I had mentioned the pain I was having at my last follow up and it was dismissed as common inflammation and we should be signing you off now.
The pain was so bad one day I just demanded a same day appointment with a gp, she was amazing and amongst other things referred me to the orthopedic clinic. After MRI and bone biopsy I was finally diagnosed with stage IV bc in and around sternum.
I was so angry with my original bc team I asked not to be referred back to them however the oncologist is the same person and I find him so very difficult to get on with. I've had rads and am taking medication and now waiting for my 3 month follow up scan. I was diagnosed beginning of September Is it too late to request another oncologist ?? If not how would I go about it?
Sorry rant over........can't sleep either :((