Not on my own

Wow I’m not on my own!!! I am going in to have nuclear dye put in the day before my operation for a bigger margin It was found in my healthy tissue after 1st margin was excised for Dcis and it is now invasive grade 2 Sorry still can’t say the C word as I still think it’s not me they are talking about. It’s on my mind 24/7 and although I work I am a nurse in gp surgery I can’t concentrate on things I keep feeling under my arm to see if I can feel anything as now it’s biopsy to lymph nodes I know people are worse than me but it’s so frightening I have the support of my wonderful husband and family and know I’m very lucky to have the support Work have really been good I think it’s the unknown and can’t wait to have the next op on Friday Hopefully will know more

Hi Peedles,

You’re definitely not alone.  Welcome to the forum.  I’m relatively new here too. 

I was diagnosed 2 weeks ago and there are several people who joined just before me and several who have joined after.  So there are lots of newbies like us.  

I’m also a nurse … ward based paeds in my case (not a lot of experience of boob problems, lol).

Many of the ladies on here are further along in their treatment and many are on the other side of treatment.  They’re a lovely bunch and a great oracle of knowlege so if you have any questions, someone will have an answer, lol.

All the best and lots of love

Michele xxx

Thank you Michelle maybe we will be going through treatment about the same time Wow being a paed nurse is so commendable it makes mine boring!! Yes I know on this site there are always ladies here’s that Are or have been through the same experience and that is a big comfort

Thank you Michelle maybe we will be going through treatment about the same time Wow being a paed nurse is so commendable it makes mine boring!! Yes I know on this site there are always ladies here’s that Are or have been through the same experience and that is a big comfort

Good luck on Friday Peedles,sorry you didn’t have the outcome you wanted from first op .Hopefully this time they will kick the bugger into touch .

Hi Peedles you certainly are not alone. If it’s any consolation i too bad invasive grade 2 and had a mastectomy (didn’t go down the lumpectomy route as they knew they wouldn’t get clear margins) and i’m now back at work 8 months on and cancer free. I’m also in the NHS (midwife) and to think i am trained in the physiology of the boobs yet couldn’t seem to look after my own! ? Anyway best wishes and you will get through it x