Not sleeping

Hi

Has anyone any ideas on how I may be able to get a good nights sleep or more than a couple at a time.

I had a mastectomy, then reconstruction and then that removed so laying flat at times and also on my side can be a problem but if I were asleep it wouldnt bother me.

Thanks

I found the V shaped pillow really helped me sleep after my bilateral mastectomy. I just kept repositioning it but then I didn’t do recon.

How long since your op? what kind did you have, did it use back muscle? What’s waking you up, pain?

Angie

having a bit of a nightmare hear as boob has swollen during radio and it hurts if I am flat or on either side

I have taken to having LOADS of pillows and sort of half sitting half lying in bed - has helped tremendously - it’s esier to alter position slightly without being in pain

love FB xx

Hi

I had the back muscle recon with implant in June and had it out last month, I dont think its pain but I am a restless sleeper and lie on my left arm (left side had recon) and not sure if when I do that wakes me up. When I speak with the doctors they just say “sleep when you need to” but what can I do at 2 or 3 in the morning!!! when I am awake.

PS I have a V pillow and have sent for a CD (relaxation) to see if that helsp

Hi tinfish, I had mastectomy on my left side, no reconstruction, and was fed up of sleeping on my back, when I do sleep on my back I fold roll a fleece blanket put in slightly under the arch of my back and put my left arm for drainage on it so it comes in for two things. I don’t know if you have a store called dunelm near you but I went on Monday and bought a cushion with removable cover for £6 tried it last night instead of the fleece blanket and it was much better, also I have found out if I lie on my right side and put the cushion to my chest arm around it for support it was brilliant try it hope it helps the cushion measures 11 inch x 19 inch hope this helps take care junieliz

I use Nytol occasionally when not sleeping becomes a problem.I use the 2 a night variety and sometimes only take half of one tablet.They are not for long term use but sometimes are enough to get the natural sleep pattern back.
Also some lavender oil on my pillow helps too.
I used to always sleep on my tummy but after a LD recn that was impossible,although I can managed a bit now!

Take care
Dot
x

Hi there, I found a sheepskin wonderful to sleep on for a few months after my second mastectomy/recon with lat dorsi. I got it on the internet from skyeskins. I took it into hosp as had experienced a lot of discomfort with the drains in my back rubbing against my ribs after my first mastectomy/lat dorsi recon.
Oh and my daughter finds a herbal remedy called Quiet Life really good for insomnia. My friend swears by a hop pillow.
Buff

I FIZBIX ITO HAVE PROBLEM SLEEPING DUE TO ARM PAIN AFTER RADS I ALSO HAVE A FROZEN SHOULDER WHICH IS VERY PAINFUL I HAVE PHYISIO BUT I ALSO HAVF A V PILLIOW I FIND IT GREAT. I TAKE IT EVERYWHARE