Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not sure if this is Lymphoedema

4 REPLIES 4
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Not sure if this is Lymphoedema

hi mrgiraffe
i agree that stamping your feet needs doing - how can it be 'ok' to have all that going on without any explanation??
assuming you consultant & gp are men, ask them how they'd feel if their testicles were playing up like that & thye just got told it was 'ok'
tsk, i dunno, what people seem to expect us to put up with
the ld nurses will be able to say if you've got it or not, & make a reasonable guess as to what's going on if it's not ld
good luck, have fun finding some boots with really stampy soles!

Jo_BCC

Hi Mrgiraffe,

I have put for you below the link to BCC's publication 'reducing the risk of lymphoedema' which you may find helpful. You are also more than welcome to give the helpline here a call and have a chat with them about your concerns.

http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/treatment-side-effects/reducing-risk-lymphoedema-bc...

I hope this helps. Take care,
Jo, Facilitator

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi, my advice would be to stamp your feet and make a fuss,nooo it is not acceptable for your nurse/consultant to say this ok....I had to jump through hoops before getting a referal to lymphoedema nurse,my gp told me I had mastitis....doh.My BCN told me ahh it will settle down in the next year... Lymphoedema is best managed the earlier you catch it. Your symptoms sound like mine so at least for your own peace of mind I would pursue this further,good luck.

Guest user
Not applicable

I have lymphoedema in my wrist & hand after an insect bite. It was quite swollen so i was referred to the lymohoedema nurse at the hosp ( i was an inpatient at the time due to neutropenic sepsis & it was the consultant doing his rounds that referred me). I think the LD nurses are really the ones who can tell if is LD or not so could you ask to be referred if there's one at your local hospital. Not all docs are aware of the problem. Hope u can get it sorted as if u can't get comfortable it doesnt sound right x

Guest user
Not applicable

Not sure if this is Lymphoedema

Hi All! I'm new to this site and could use some friendly advice.

I had breast cancer in July 2010, which resulted in me having a wide excision lumpectomy/23 lymph nodes removed and radiotherapy.

On and off I have been experiencing swelling to the affected breast (can be quite substantial)numbness from the armpit and aching/heaviness from armpit to elbow.

The top of my breast feels hard and the area between armpit and breast is also swollen.

I have mentioned all this to my nurse and consultant but was told this was ok. However this is still continuing and at times as well as the continual aching I find it hard to get comfortable in bed - only laying on it seems to help.

Sorry for the long post but I'm not sure what to do next...any advice appreciated.