Not yet diagnosed but concerned - Any advice

Hello,

Last year I had a lump and had it confirmed via mammogram and ultrasound that there was nothing to worry about. I sensed this during the whole procedure. The sonographer told me as he was scanning that I had lots of cysts everywhere. The consultant said that he would drain the cycsts if they became more troublesome. 

A few months ago I had a lump back and wasn’t too concerned about it being a problem because I had lost alot of weight and thought maybe the lump just seemed bigger because my boobs had shrunk. It was starting to become annoying because my daughter likes to lay on me and I found it difficult to sleep on my front so I went back to the GP. He referred me back to the breast clinic and I was expecting to have it drained and walk away. 

However, the doctor drained the first lump, left breast, no pain nothing. He then told me I had another one on the right breast and did he want me to drain that too whilst I was there. I agreed. This one really really hurt. It felt like someone was stabbing a knife slowly in and out for a good 2 or 3 hours. It made me cry. Following the draining, I was sent for a mammogram and the nurse said this was just to be 100% sure that everything was ok because the draining hurt so much. She said she doubted I would need anything else after that and could go home. 

After the mammogram however, I was ushered to the ultrasound area and I could see there was a discussion going on about my results in the office. I had the ultra sound on my left breast only and it took about 5 minutes. The sonographer (is that correct?) told me that something non specific had come up on the mammogram that he was asked to check out. 

I was given my report and sent back up to the breast clinic and the doctor there opened the report in the waiting room (there was nonone there and he said not to worry, it was late and no one would be coming in now). As he read the report there was alot of umming and arrrhing. I got a glimsp of the report and their were four diagrams of different angles of the breast. Under each diagram were the numbers 2 on two, 3 on one and I think a 4 on another. He asked me to move to his office where he then told me that they had seen changes since my mammogram last year and that they had seen calcium specks. I was told that I would need to come back next Friday (13th) as he needed to speak to a team about a biopsy. I asked him what the calcium spots meant and he said it was either serious and cancer or it wasn’t.

I now have to wait until Friday to see what the team have said.

Anyone have a clue what is going on?

Hi, it seems you have had really poor communication and no wonder you are worried. I would ring the breast care nurse at the clinic and try and clarify the situation x